Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
I am not sure what you are trying to say here. but l surmise from it that you think this new level of aggressive defending is fine. You have to notice that Hamilton did not complain at all. Because what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

As far as cutting the chicane goes, he was not punished at all by the run off area for his mistake, such that he was able to maintain his lead from a battle which he was roughly 0.5 sec ahead. That said, he was able to rejoin the race safely. But run off areas are suppose to punish drivers who make mistake and enter those sort of areas for safety reasons.

The run off area in question was not effective, if a driver can drive at race speed through them and not lose significant amount of time driving through them. Errors are rewarded in this scenario.
TBH he was supposed to go around those styrofoam chicanes, which he didn't.
At the end of the day we got some thrills and spills. A ferrari win and Hamilton maintaining his WDc championship lead.
I do like LeClerc but of the 3 incidents the weaving defending was the one i was a bit annoyed with...which incidentally is the hardest to adjudicate from the stewards.
I did find them to be a bit lenient toward that car during the race. Almost as if fearful of handing an actual penalty.
But LeClerc drove well. made the hards work and maximised the superior straight line speed to his advantage throughout the whole race.
Overall. I was entertained and now look forward to singapore.