Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
    Liked 9,311 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Wow, so much salt on here.

Well get this...

CHRIS INGRAM IS EUROPEAN RALLY CHAMPION 2019.

Get used to it.
    #M-SPORTER

2. Likes: Eli (10th November 2019),the sniper (10th November 2019),WRC1 (10th November 2019)
    Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts
    It's not salt, get over yourself.... It's the reality of the situation. Nobody is knocking the lad, well done to him.... It's the points system that's totally flawed!

4. Likes: steve.mandzij (11th November 2019)
    Liked 1,529 Times in 657 Posts
    Eddie, be cool dude...

Quote Originally Posted by Oops! View Post
    It's not salt, get over yourself.... It's the reality of the situation. Nobody is knocking the lad, well done to him.... It's the points system that's totally flawed!
    The points system is already heavily skewed towards a flat out driver. How many more dropped scores would you request or how much bigger would you make the points gap between 1st and 2nd to reward speed/unreliability against consistency? I don't know how much you'd need to change the system to get Lukyanuk out of his bad luck? It is what it is...

6. Likes: AndyRAC (10th November 2019),Augury (10th November 2019),Fast Eddie WRC (10th November 2019),PLuto (14th November 2019)
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oops! View Post
    Sorry but You can't be more wrong. The point system absolutely favours the flat-out drivers over regular finishers!
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

8. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (10th November 2019),m-ast (11th November 2019),pantealex (11th November 2019),tommeke_B (10th November 2019)
    Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Sorry but You can't be more wrong. The point system absolutely favours the flat-out drivers over regular finishers!
    It doesn't favour, it rewards, as winners should be rewarded.

Liked 9,311 Times in 4,938 Posts
    #M-SPORTER

11. Likes: the sniper (10th November 2019)
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori View Post
    It doesn't favour, it rewards, as winners should be rewarded.
    Nah, I don't agree with that. Not counting all events always favours those who go flat out no matter what because it gives them jokers. I don't like this type of rules to be honest (in whatever championship).
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

13. Likes: Hartusvuori (11th November 2019)
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    Won the Championship though! Don't get me wrong, I think we all love Lukyanuk, but I don't see what Ingram did wrong, he did what he had to do. Okay, if he'd been able to out pace Lukyanuk and be as consistent as he was, we'd be talking about him like we talk about Rovanpera or Oliver Solberg.
    Most sense that’s been talked in this thread.

Should remember also that Lukyanuk only took one win this season, this is not some great injustice.

It’s a shame the competition was not stronger this year though, ERC still has a lot going for it. I feel if they can develop the live streaming product a little more then this may help attract more drivers/sponsors. These days it doesn’t need to be on conventional tv, especially if it remains free to watch as it is on Facebook/YouTube.

15. Likes: AndyRAC (10th November 2019),the sniper (11th November 2019)
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Nah, I don't agree with that. Not counting all events always favours those who go flat out no matter what because it gives them jokers. I don't like this type of rules to be honest (in whatever championship).
    It would be nice if the points system was simpler, but the other advantage of this system is that drivers can feasibly compete for the title even if they miss one or two events.

But at least all the championship contenders were competing this weekend and the title wasn’t decided by who was on the entry list.

Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    Eddie, be cool dude...

The points system is already heavily skewed towards a flat out driver. How many more dropped scores would you request or how much bigger would you make the points gap between 1st and 2nd to reward speed/unreliability against consistency? I don't know how much you'd need to change the system to get Lukyanuk out of his bad luck? It is what it is...
    I'm not favouring anybody, teams or drivers..... I said the points system is flawed... You know it is when you have to get the calculator out to work out the system.... It needs to be tidied up and simplified.

18. Likes: the sniper (11th November 2019)