Thread: WRC Gaming

Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts

WRC Gaming

Soon the WRC 8 game is released.

If I were to buy a WRC gaming/simulation set up today, what should I buy?
    What is used in e-sport, and when WRC and rally drivers using when sim-training before real life events?

Liked 56 Times in 28 Posts
    Definitely not Wrc game. The only thing close to rally sim is Richard Burns Rally I think, but it is very old, though it has strong modding community.

Actually I read this yesterday "Last weekend was held the 6th European Rally Championship at Czech Republic. Well-known Nikolay Gryazin competed there too. For many rally fans, who follow the results, it was a bit unusual to see Russian's times at special stages 3 and 7. Nikolay won both stages confidently. Later driver acknowledged that the Semetin stage he knows from "Richard Burns Rally" platform."

3. Likes: b3637853 (22nd August 2019),KKS (21st August 2019)
    Liked 252 Times in 158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flykas View Post
    Definitely not Wrc game. The only thing close to rally sim is Richard Burns Rally I think, but it is very old, though it has strong modding community.

Actually I read this yesterday "Last weekend was held the 6th European Rally Championship at Czech Republic. Well-known Nikolay Gryazin competed there too. For many rally fans, who follow the results, it was a bit unusual to see Russian's times at special stages 3 and 7. Nikolay won both stages confidently. Later driver acknowledged that the Semetin stage he knows from "Richard Burns Rally" platform."
    That game is legendary. But I never have a time to really play with setup that can help me from drivong better.

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Yes, definitely RBR. It's old as hell but there is more than 15 years of community work in it and that's something the nice modern graphics can't overweight.

After installing of the RBR continue on http://rbr.onlineracing.cz/index.php...l&p=howtostart For sure it will take you some time to familiarize yourself with all those tons of mods but you won't regret.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

6. Likes: haris274 (22nd August 2019),KKS (21st August 2019),Rallyper (21st August 2019)
    Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    What kind of hardware should i buy?

Wheel
    pedals
    Seat/console

What is ok priced and gives good feedback to the driver?

Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    What kind of hardware should i buy?

Wheel
    pedals
    Seat/console

What is ok priced and gives good feedback to the driver?
    Depends on a budget. I think Logitech g27 is good, but fanatec products can provide more realistic experience and feel.

Liked 17 Times in 7 Posts
    Richard Burns Rally and the communities are undoubtedly the "kings" on rally sim. The feeling and the immersion is as close as it gets to real thing!
    For the hardware a decent proposal is also thrustmaster products, but if you want "real" feeling is required a direct drive wheel!

10. Likes: b3637853 (22nd August 2019),cali (26th July 2021),Sulland (22nd August 2019)
    Do you think Path of Exile would be a good alternative for WRC 8?

Recently, at the end of the stage I noticed that Nicolay Gryazin had Richard Burn Rally Pro sticker on his car, which appears to be some all encompassing mod for RBR.