Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Liked 132 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    If it's going to Ireland or Northern Ireland it has to be tarmac. Anything else would be ridiculous. I doubt there is enough decent forest millage to host a WRC round anyway.
    Yeah that's the problem plenty of forest but no decent length stages available

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wia5958 View Post
    No it's not but it's not your average tarmac rally either. Given setup is a mix of gravel and tarmac suspension and roads that are quite often ultra slippery when wet but extremely abrasive when dry. Def a must view live for any rally fan
    I get it and it sounds amazing, I will make the trip one day, but in this case, I just want the Rally GB (the RAC to me) to be in a muddy forest, somewhere i don’t need to get a ferry.

3. Likes: er88 (2nd September 2019)
    Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Perhaps such a calendar shake up is what the sport needs. Ending in Ireland... why not!

No more Turkey.. shame as it's unique if you're there compare to the same old same old Portugal and other Gravel events...

Bringing back NZ is great. When Canada comes back if it does that'll be great too. Start a year with Monte and Sweden... then end it with Canada and Ireland!
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

5. Likes: tomhlord (2nd September 2019)
    Liked 9,343 Times in 4,962 Posts
    https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/sept...3--12-12-.html

This sounds good... but a pity they couldnt move Rally GB to Scotland for 2020. That would be a proper way to commemorate Colin's World Championship win.

7. Likes: er88 (3rd September 2019),the sniper (3rd September 2019)
    Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    Motorsport UK has officially announced the British Championship calendar with "Wales Rally GB – Date TBC" listed as a reserve round. You surely have to presume that they know where they're going to hold their own event.

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Motorsport UK has officially announced the British Championship calendar with "Wales Rally GB – Date TBC" listed as a reserve round. You surely have to presume that they know where they're going to hold their own event.
    If they decide to take it to Ireland, will they have enough time between now and when it’s scheduled to run? I would have thought that it would have been set in stone by now.

10. Likes: the sniper (4th September 2019)
    Liked 9,343 Times in 4,962 Posts
    Rumour on the AR podcast that Rally GB is in Wales for another year before going to N.Ireland in 2021...

Liked 253 Times in 103 Posts
    Particularly when the British Championship Manager and Rally GB Clerk of the Course are the same person....

13. Likes: the sniper (4th September 2019)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    BRC also announced Ulster Rally to be run 22th of August. That's the date where Rally Finland is supposed to go. Also it's probably unlikely that NI would host separate BRC and WRC events?

Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Also it's probably unlikely that NI would host separate BRC and WRC events?
    I would say it isn't a relevant factor. The Cambrian Rally in the BRC is essentially a scaled down version of Wales Rally GB, even almost wholly consisting of forests/stages used by the latter later in the year.

16. Likes: AnttiL (5th September 2019)