Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    Liked 256 Times in 160 Posts
    Where did it go :P

2. Likes: the sniper (10th October 2019)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    Where did it go :P
    Next it goes to Catalunya, and then to Australia.

Liked 240 Times in 108 Posts
    I was critical of Rally Turkey from the very beginning, but at least now where Turkey started to attack Rojava the FIA should throw them out of the calendar. Countries like Turkey shouldn't be supported by letting them organize a WRC event.

I´m also disappointed that no driver or team has expressed criticism over the politics in Turkey during the last two years the rally is taking place (or did I miss something?).

5. Likes: AnttiL (11th October 2019),bearclaw (11th October 2019),BigWorm (11th October 2019),dimviii (10th October 2019),Entertainer (10th October 2019),EstWRC (11th October 2019),Oliverk (11th October 2019),skarderud (10th October 2019)
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    They have expressed criticism, but that is all they can do...
    And for events taking place in countries attacking others...has happened, is happening, will happen in the future.

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    The thing is that promoter wants one rally to be held in north america since the only country that show interest there is Canada. I believe that Abu Dhabi could be next one for middle-east or Jordan back
    The "country" Canada has not shown interest in hosting a WRC... only a small group of dreamers centered on one guy who is a former used car salesman with maybe 7 little 15-17 car rallies under his belt as a driver and years volunteering as "Media Manager' or some inflated title, and volunteer positions organising events that often had maybe 20 or occasionally as many as 30 cars entered...To be fair, he is in a province with many more cows than people and only thanks to oil that it exists....but there is no infastruture that could support a normal rally with 100 cars much less a WRC event....despite millions of miles of fantastic--albeit very VERY fast ----roads..

the guy is a joke and/or a fraud..not sure which...

Quebec 20 years ago seemed like it was on the way to having enough organisintional skill and popularity and poltical skill and connections to possibly consider because they had a very well supported amount of events so there was a base....also being Quebec they had the awareness of what a rally should be.....I did the last 4 rallies I ever did in Quebec and at Rally Quebec we started in the iconic Canadian Pacific hotel that sits in the heart of the city..
    Unfortunately with the passage of time the rally scene in Quebec has collapsed and now just one decent rally and some local events with 5-8 cars and dozens of "sideby side" 4 wheel UTVs and its a real pity.
    So pointless to think of a WRC in such circumstances...

And USA is in worse shape.
    Last edited by janvanvurpa; 10th October 2019 at 21:24.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

8. Likes: Mirek (11th October 2019),Rally Power (11th October 2019)
    Liked 35 Times in 18 Posts
    There is even an event held at the end of this month in a country that is being attacked but another at the moment

Liked 1,368 Times in 711 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JUF View Post
    I was critical of Rally Turkey from the very beginning, but at least now where Turkey started to attack Rojava the FIA should throw them out of the calendar. Countries like Turkey shouldn't be supported by letting them organize a WRC event.

I´m also disappointed that no driver or team has expressed criticism over the politics in Turkey during the last two years the rally is taking place (or did I miss something?).
    Countries with some sort of dictator running them should not be considerered for international sporting events/championships.

Ref world championship in Track and Field i Doha, and football world championship at the same place.

This is a task that FIA and that level of organisations need to consider when awarding. Human rights, the different freedoms as freedom of speach, free press, free religion, equality of people rights and so on.
    Many people were killed in building stadiums in Doha, and people are treated more or less like modern slaves.
    If the international sports federations award such countries large sports events, they more or less support the dictator and lack of human rights in that country.

11. Likes: BigWorm (11th October 2019),dimviii (11th October 2019),JUF (11th October 2019),skarderud (11th October 2019)
    Liked 258 Times in 103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    Countries with some sort of dictator running them should not be considerered for international sporting events/championships.

Ref world championship in Track and Field i Doha, and football world championship at the same place.

This is a task that FIA and that level of organisations need to consider when awarding. Human rights, the different freedoms as freedom of speach, free press, free religion, equality of people rights and so on.
    Many people were killed in building stadiums in Doha, and people are treated more or less like modern slaves.
    If the international sports federations award such countries large sports events, they more or less support the dictator and lack of human rights in that country.

13. Likes: BigWorm (11th October 2019),cali (17th October 2019),dimviii (11th October 2019),Eli (11th October 2019),EstWRC (11th October 2019),JUF (11th October 2019),pantealex (13th October 2019)
    Liked 797 Times in 379 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post

Its all about money, sadly, nothing about the sport.
    Most FIFA people is under some sort of corruption investigation, same with most of the other big sporting assosiations, i've bet the same in FIA.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Liked 256 Times in 160 Posts
    I bet half of them doesn't even care about sporting activities behind the organization as long is it money on the table. So the decisions made are sometimes stupid and worthless.