Page 86 of 168 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136 ... LastLast
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy J View Post
    but also much about pro Finnish rally drivers vs. foreign.
    with Tanak and Neuville Ogier more patience required.

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Sébastien Loeb
    @SebastienLoeb

We will not only share the podiums now �� Tere Tulemast
    @OttTanak and @MartinJarveoja
    ���� Happy to know you by our side for next year but also to see the ambitions of @HMSGOfficial in @OfficialWRC
    ��#HMSGOfficial

https://twitter.com/SebastienLoeb/st...665460224?s=20
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

3. Likes: cali (31st October 2019),the sniper (31st October 2019)
    Liked 45 Times in 21 Posts
    Ogier now has all the leverage to rob Toyota blind, which sets off the whole negotiation process on the wrong foot, plus he's already tied up in agreements with Citroen. Pierre Budar has seemed pretty confident in dismissing the rumor and confirming he will be with them for the next season. This partnership could only work when some serious alarm bells start going off in the Japanese offices and big cash wads get sent to TGR.

Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    Because, Latvala is not a replacement for a no1 driver. Weather Tanak went or not, Toyota are now chasing Ogier. May point is.. Situation doesn't chance for Latvala if it were Tanak or Ogier at Toyota.
    we are not talking about if Latvala is No1 material,but about if he would have a seat for 2020 and Jouhki money.
    and with Tanak at Toyota that was in doubt.

6. Likes: cali (31st October 2019)
    Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    I was stating a fact about Lavala not being No. 1, not arguing. My point it, and remains my point.. situation doesn't change for Latvala if it were Tanak or Ogier at Toyota...thats all.

Also, does Tommi really want 2 Joukki drivers in one stable?

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    I guess it's more about the drivers, not who's their manager.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

they are from Finland,they are cheap,sponsored from his own manager,so why not?

10. Likes: cali (1st November 2019)
    before some weeks we had a conversation here about Makinen and his future about when Toyota will end the wrc programm.
    I said that Tommis future was the r5 yaris project ,that will give him even more money that wrc programm,pending the car is competitive.
    Seems that is what Tanak/Martin wanted,thats why it was impossible to find a solution with Makinen.
    The rumored travel Tanak to Japan maybe was a meeting for this subject to upper Toyota heads,the answer was a ''no'' and that ended their coperation.

Maybe Jouhki talks about the way they handled Tanak/Martin has to do with this travel to Japan,that they moved to upper Toyota heads without talk with Makinen.
    Last edited by dimviii; 31st October 2019 at 19:40.

12. Likes: pantealex (1st November 2019)
    I was stating a fact about Lavala not being No. 1, not arguing. My point it, and remains my point.. situation doesn't change for Latvala if it were Tanak or Ogier at Toyota...thats all.

Maybe Jouhki wants 2 of his drivers in Toyota and he actually has the influence to get it done? In my opinion that would very easily put the last years in Toyota in perspective (mistreating the world champion off the team, Latvala's sky high salary despite poor results, hiring Meeke the fastest guy who will drive for free etc). Someone on the Estonian forum said the Japanese are pissed, but deleted it afterwards. I don't know if it's true, but they have a reason to be. I think the Ogier talk is just a distraction. I think TGR will try to sell the Japanese office the dream of Rovanperä becoming the next Tänak overnight. Which will leave us with Latvala, Meeke and Rovanperä.

14. Likes: dnb (2nd November 2019)
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    The rumored travel Tanak to Japan maybe was a meeting for this subject to upper Toyota heads,the answer was a ''no'' and that ended their coperation.
    That rumor came after the Hyundai deal was signed. In the Evans article it's said the Japanese were supportive of Tänak throughout the negotiation process.