Page 56 of 168 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    If Tänak leaves, money from driving is not reason. Toyota has money and they are willing to pay.

R5 deal could be the reason and deffinently personal things with some TGR team chiefs.

TGR needs Tänak way more than Tänak needs TGR.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

2. Likes: cali (28th October 2019)
    Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    If Tänak leaves, money from driving is not reason. Toyota has money and they are willing to pay.

R5 deal could be the reason and deffinently personal things with some TGR team chiefs.

TGR needs Tänak way more than Tänak needs TGR.
    Hyundai needs Tanak, more ths TGR. Hyundai programme at risk if they can't deliver something.
    Now Citröen program at risk. I'd be worried if I was Lappi just now.

4. Likes: KKS (1st November 2019)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    spill the beans AnttiL
    I don't know if there's new people leaving, but I know that other important smaller name workers have left or almost left during the past three years.

6. Likes: cali (28th October 2019),dimviii (28th October 2019),pantealex (28th October 2019)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I don't know if there's new people leaving, but I know that other important smaller name workers have left or almost left during the past three years.
    Mikko and Linda Hirvonen are good examples.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 45 Times in 21 Posts
    With Lehtinen's and Lappi's unexpected departures before, it should be quite clear there is something toxic happening behind the Toyota curtains. In August-September it was hotly speculated in the Estonian media that the fiercest fight was over Tänak's future lead driver spot in Toyota, which Mäkinen publicly refused until the end. Mäkinen basically said if he doesn't like it he can go. That seems like insanity considering he is not only the fastest driver anymore, but also the world champion. If the world champion is not worthy enough to be your lead driver, who is? Now add the fact that TGR has just admitted they don't have a plan B for Tänak's departure. What are they smoking? The Japanese should bloodbathe their offices for letting it get to this point.
    Last edited by ggg377; 28th October 2019 at 07:40.

9. Likes: cali (28th October 2019)
    Liked 189 Times in 74 Posts
    When the news came, i was 90% sure that it is BS. Now i am 90% sure that it is true. Several small things:
    1. Big one - Silence from Akio Toyoda - he has always congratulated team and drivers when they have succeeded in previous rounds but not now when they achieved their biggest success this year.
    2. Somewhat reserved Mäkinen, he was more emotional after Rally GB even, compared to now...
    3. Ridiculous amount of cryptic "hints" from Neuville, Adamo, Meeke etc. Why play this game if he stays?
    4. Again - Akio Toyoda...

11. Likes: cali (28th October 2019),Hartusvuori (28th October 2019)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ggg377 View Post
    With Lehtinen's and Lappi's unexpected departures before, it should be quite clear there is something toxic happening behind the Toyota curtains. In August-September it was hotly speculated in the Estonian media that the fiercest fight was over Tänak's future lead driver spot in Toyota, which Mäkinen publicly refused until the end. Mäkinen basically said if he doesn't like it he can go. That seems like insanity considering he is not only the fastest driver anymore, but also the world champion. If the world champion is not worthy enough to be your lead driver, who is? Now add the fact that TGR has just admitted they don't have a plan B for Tänak's departure. What are they smoking? The Japanese should bloodbathe their offices for letting it get to this point.
    Mäkinen trying to play a tough game, assuming Tänak wouldn't have anywhere else to go.

13. Likes: cali (28th October 2019)
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    If it really happens and comes out tomorrow I wonder how the atmosphere will be in Australia and how the fight for manu title will go.
    Thinking back to Ogier in Spain and GB 2011.

Liked 45 Times in 21 Posts
    Mäkinen trying to play a tough game, assuming Tänak wouldn't have anywhere else to go.
    Letting Lappi go should have sounded some serious alarm bells already. Letting Tänak go is just shocking for everyone. If your negotiations result in the team spots being filled with complacent veteran drivers and your stars jumping ship to other teams, you are ruining it. Let's not forget they also missed Sordo for Hyundai, despite seeking him. Money troubles, which we don't know about?

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ggg377 View Post
    Let's not forget they also missed Sordo for Hyundai, despite seeking him.
    Case Sordo was just fake news, resulting from Mäkinen's refusal to say anything when names are thrown at him.

If you would ask Tommi whether he's interested in hiring Walter Röhrl for next season, he most likely wouldn't deny that either.

17. Likes: AnttiL (28th October 2019),cali (28th October 2019),pantealex (29th October 2019),[RMC]Pip (28th October 2019)