Page 44 of 168 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast
    Liked 846 Times in 407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    latvala was never one of the best drivers. a good number 2, but never anywhere near a match to ogier.
    Nonsense, he was runner up three times, easily the best of the rest for years, and at one moment likely the quickest on raw speed.

2. Likes: Allez Andruet (25th October 2019),AnttiL (25th October 2019),FAlonso (25th October 2019),HenryEST (25th October 2019),mknight (25th October 2019)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    He was talking in a very serious tone about how it's not good for the sport if one team has two of the star drivers (guess he meant the trio of Tänak, Ogier and Neuville) in its roster.
    Well he is right on that one.

Liked 131 Times in 60 Posts
    Tommi has the biggest budget. Your 1st driver’s contract ends. Why Tommi making a decision for 1st driver is ruled out?
    What if for the same amount of money he could get Ogier?
    Just thinking out loud...

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Rough translation from Mäkinen's Finnish interview I was referring to:

If we assume Ott is going to Hyundai, in a way I’m disappointed because I have always said that it would be best (for the sport) if every team would have one star driver in its roster but this is tough business and I think Adamo has said that he’s only interested in their own success. I am maybe looking a bit more at the overall picture, that what would keep people interested (in rallying).
    Last edited by Allez Andruet; 25th October 2019 at 20:24.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

6. Likes: AnttiL (25th October 2019),cali (25th October 2019),dimviii (25th October 2019),KKS (25th October 2019)
    Liked 144 Times in 87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    If Hyundai are really hungry for Manu championship, if they don't get it this year, they know their biggest problem is Tanak in a Toyota.
    Makes sense for them to sign Tanak and take away the threat of their biggest rival.

It may upset Neuville, but he would just have to come out the blocks as best he can as soon as the season starts and try and dominate Tanak who would be having to adjust to a new car, to lay claim to no.1 driver.
    Would be curius to see if tanak would struggle on the same events.
    I tink Neuville managed to squeeze everey last bit of speed out of that I20, even when the rally didn't suit him or the car

Liked 1,505 Times in 894 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    For Adamo it's win-win situation either way if he gets Tanak. If Tanak is fast... good for Adamo, if he is not fast... he got one less competitor and the main points scorer at Toyota away.

I don't quite understand Tanak's motivation all that much though. Yes especially the Sardinia episode where Tommi seemingly prioritized keeping costs down over securing the win at all costs would matter. But still Hyundai is seen as a "risky" car with no guarantee for top performance on all rallies (and for all drivers). But yes it has improved since Finland this year.
    Even we have some problems with all cars here and there. It's not just #8 Toyota broke-up every time. #8 i20 will broke-up with same % of chance.

Liked 1,505 Times in 894 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvel View Post
    Would be curius to see if tanak would struggle on the same events.
    I tink Neuville managed to squeeze everey last bit of speed out of that I20, even when the rally didn't suit him or the car
    100% Tanak can easily make 2 or 3 WDC in next years with Toyota, but chose to play a gamble.
    Interesting to see motivation to do that... money?

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    He has been wrong also quite many times...
    Was he (David Evans) wrong about anything else than Tänak staying at M-Sport at the end of 2017? And that was a case of Tänak telling him face to face he will stay at M-Sport (at an M-Sport event)

11. Likes: cali (25th October 2019)
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Securing future in terms of running a manuf. R5 team is also quite tempting.

Liked 12,209 Times in 5,242 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Was he (David Evans) wrong about anything else than Tänak staying at M-Sport at the end of 2017? And that was a case of Tänak telling him face to face he will stay at M-Sport (at an M-Sport event)
    But that was a quite big wrong.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -