Page 152 of 168 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1676
    Liked 1,133 Times in 607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kiil View Post
    Mads is a very likeable guy, consistent and somewhat fast, but he will never be winner material. 117 WRC starts in a WRC car, and only 1 win, that was not really a win. Why would Msport consider Mads over the obvious ones like Latvala, Lappi and Mikkelsen for instance?
    Sordo has 155 wrc starts and only 2 wins, the second only 4 rally's ago.
    Yet he is still chosen by hyundai over many other drivers.

Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts
    Sordo brings alot with him to the table when it comes to signing a contract.

Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    Hard to belive.

Morten Østberg, Mads father, is a wellknow businessman, the only reason he/they would't pay something is because someone hasn't delivered what was in the deal.
    Something wasn't right in the onebet/prokop/Østberg project, thats for sure.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Not the first privateer team to have that complaint when it came to running a car built in Cumbria, but i suppose that's what happens when you have a monopoly in an industry...

Liked 253 Times in 103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    Allegedly he still owes M-Sport money.

And Prokop.

And i wonder if OneBet owes to the WRC.

His father is not so well regarded in the service park for paying bills.

Allegedly.
    I hear the same story.

A lot of people lost money with the OneBet fiasco.

I'm not sure his Dad is too popular with anyone in the WRC...

Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    Haha, funny and now the same Fiesta is owned by OT Racing and driven by his biggest previous sponsor's son

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Sébastien Ogier
    @SebOgier
    Happy birthday my dear friend! ��
    Today you enter life 4.0 like you told me, and I think that you (we) have been blessed for our 30’s! ��
    Our life is about to take a new turn, but I’m sure it will still bring a lot of happiness & excitement! Very best wishes Julien!

https://twitter.com/SebOgier/status/...086343168?s=20
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

7. Likes: AnttiL (26th November 2019),deephouse (26th November 2019),dimviii (26th November 2019),pantealex (27th November 2019),Rally Power (26th November 2019),steve.mandzij (26th November 2019),WRC1 (26th November 2019)
    Liked 54 Times in 24 Posts
    I'm hearing that potentially a contract between Meeke and Toyota was signed before the Ogier deal, which may mean that the team had to buy out two contracts (Citroen and Meeke's)

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    It just gets worse and worse ...
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
    I'm hearing that potentially a contract between Meeke and Toyota was signed before the Ogier deal, which may mean that the team had to buy out two contracts (Citroen and Meeke's)
    I heard myself a while back from one person on reddit who has been very reliable in the past, that Meeke had signed for another year in the lead up to Wales or just after it . Also said decisions had been made within Toyota/ with Makinen that Latvala was out for definite as early as the summer break. Still took it with a pinch of salt though, because none of the normal reliable news outlets or reporters seemed to have a clue what was really happening with the driver market.

However with the shock of Tanak actually leaving, it's clear the whole WRC has spiralled into madness so maybe it is actually true what you say and Tommi has reacted to the Hyundai super-team lineup. David Evans also said Ogier wanted Evans as team mate, or recommended him when asked, so with Kalle already signed up maybe there's been a brown envelope sent Meeke's way - so Ogier and Evans have seats alongside Kalle.

Knowing this silly season, no rumour is too wild or strange
    Last edited by er88; 26th November 2019 at 15:49.

11. Likes: Allez Andruet (26th November 2019),AnttiL (26th November 2019),cali (26th November 2019),Jewy46 (26th November 2019),TypeR (26th November 2019)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    I heard myself a while back from one person on reddit who has been very reliable in the past, that Meeke had signed for another year in the lead up to Wales or just after it . Also said decisions had been made within Toyota/ with Makinen that Latvala was out for definite as early as the summer break. Still took it with a pinch of salt though, because none of the normal reliable news outlets or reporters seemed to have a clue what was really happening with the driver market.

However with the shock of Tanak actually leaving, it's clear the whole WRC has spiralled into madness so maybe it is actually true what you say and Tommi has reacted to the Hyundai super-team lineup. David Evans also said Ogier wanted Evans as team mate, or recommended him when asked, so with Kalle already signed up maybe there's been a brown envelope sent Meeke's way - so Ogier and Evans have seats alongside Kalle.

Knowing this silly season, no rumour is too wild or strange
    Or... just thinking out loud, but this does resemble an awful lot of the situation Mäkinen found himself in November 2016. He had signed Hänninen and Lappi (in that order) when the whole VW trio suddenly became available. He could have benched Hänninen and go with the line-up of Latvala and Lappi (with Suninen joining in the third car later in the season - that later being Portugal as we eventually saw with Lappi). But, Mäkinen made the somewhat unpopular call to stick with Hänninen and demoted Lappi to the third car. Okey, the situation with TGR is hugely different now than it was three years ago, but still... Could Tommi play the loyalty card once again and have Meeke driving the third Yaris alongside Ogier and Evans? With Kalle doing x amount of rallies (maybe them all) in a "junior team" with Katsuta?

However it turns out to be, Meeke - if he indeed had the paper signed - is now a wealthy man, even if technically unemployed.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

13. Likes: er88 (26th November 2019),RS (26th November 2019)