Page 113 of 168 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1676
    Liked 45 Times in 21 Posts
    Interestingly Adamo has voiced intent to keep Mikkelsen and Breen in Hyundai. It looks like he might sign a contract with them and keep them tied up for the whole season. With M-Sport chasing Evans as well, suddenly the range of drivers available for Toyota will be drastically reduced. Ostberg said next season maybe Toyota. In my opinion that would be a serious contender for one of the spots (unless Toyota goes the tried and true route again).

In my opinion Kris Meeke was a fail for Toyota. Yeah he had good pace here and there, but ultimately he lost Toyota so many points, which led to losing the manufacturer's title even with Tänak crushing the driver's leaderboard. Latvala was simply not good. Both should be replaced.

Liked 1,587 Times in 720 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    What is true is that Mikkelsen has had rallies where he struggled and complained about setup.
    "I still learning the car" through many-many rallies is the main reason from my side to assume he struggles with setup. Maybe it's really not possible to setup Hyundai if it's built around Neuville and you are not listened. We probably will get some more feedback when Tänak goes there. As Loeb also struggles, it hints a bit to general Hyundai problem also.

Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    With Evans it's really hard to tell, cause as he said he only drove Fiesta (with Ogier in team).
    I don't think Ogier played important role for Evans's technical skills. It was Evans supporting and giving instructions when Ogier repaired car on road side (can not recall the rally).

... you NEED to have mechanic skill if you go to Toyota ...

4. Likes: WRC1 (12th November 2019)
    Next season will have only one tarmac rally so Paddon should be a very serious contender for a Toyota spot too. His results in 2018 were actually really good. I would say 1) Evans, 2) Paddon, 3-4) Mikkelsen/Breen, 5) Ostberg, 6) Latvala, 7) Meeke in order of priority and depending on availability (there might be contracts and relationships we're not aware of that might make some of these drivers unavailable in reality).

Liked 1,587 Times in 720 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ggg377 View Post
    Interestingly Adamo has voiced intent to keep Mikkelsen and Breen in Hyundai.
    Reasons:
    * you can not demotivate them before Rally Australia (when it was said by Adamo)
    * Adamo has ambition to run R5 program, they are valuable there (as Breen was driving all R5 cars this year)

Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    Reasons:
    * you can not demotivate them before Rally Australia (when it was said by Adamo)
    * Adamo has ambition to run R5 program, they are valuable there (as Breen was driving all R5 cars this year)
    Another great reason is these promising drivers can be kept away from the claws of the competition. Adamo is playing it out strategically (with the help of BIG resources from Hyundai). With Tänak and Ogier out of the picture, it's looking very awkward for Toyota right now. I'm sure Latvala would love to fight for the WDC for Toyota, but realistically they will only have a shot at the manufacturer's title next season. Thinking about it, Evans/Latvala wouldn't be a bad team at all if Latvala managed to get his head on straight. Still, unless Mäkinen pulls out some mastermind level plays, I don't even see them standing a chance against Hyundai in either title fight.

Liked 12,166 Times in 5,218 Posts
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Hmm... call me cynical, but I can’t see anything in there that confirms his commitment to Citroen for 2020, especially given the current rumours.

Liked 12,166 Times in 5,218 Posts
    i call you cynical then.

and it was just a good interview.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

11. Likes: T16 (12th November 2019)
    Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    i call you cynical then.

and it was just a good interview.
    yeah, agreed it was a good interview.