Page 106 of 168 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1676
    Liked 52 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Just read a story saying Ogier's contract with Citroen prevents him driving for another team if he leaves before it ends. So he would have to sit out 2020 if he leaves now.

Toyota move is not gonna happen.
    +1 this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liked 1,529 Times in 657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomhlord View Post
    Qatar sponsorship back with M-Sport? Yes please.
    I very much doubt it. Nasser Al-Attiyah said this in Spain:

“I wish to do this race because it looks fit for us. We know Safari from longtime and now its back. I think we have a good chance to do since we plan to do a few WRC events if we have time,” he said.

“We have a good relation with the Toyota team and Tommi, so we can do events with a Toyota Yaris next season,” said Al-Attiyah.
    A Qatar backed 'Junior' Toyota team could be an interesting proposition. Rovanperä, Katsuta, Loubet? (Already Qatar sponsored this year), with Al-Attiyah doing the likes of Kenya, Turkey, Sardinia... Looks good to me!

No reason why Abu Dhabi/Al Qassimi couldn't go back to M-Sport though.

3. Likes: er88 (7th November 2019),tomhlord (7th November 2019)
    Liked 9,308 Times in 4,936 Posts
    Info on Insta from Italy

#M-SPORTER

5. Likes: cali (7th November 2019),er88 (7th November 2019),RS (8th November 2019)
    Liked 52 Times in 29 Posts
    Guestimate:

Citroen: Ogier & Lappi

Hyundai: Tanak, Neuville, Sordo/Loeb

Toyota: Evans, Meeke, Latvala/Katsuta/Kalle rotate car 3 & 4

MSport: Suninen... Paddon/Mikkelsen/Breen/Ostberg...?

Did I forget anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes: er88 (7th November 2019)
    Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Just read a story saying Ogier's contract with Citroen prevents him driving for another team if he leaves before it ends. So he would have to sit out 2020 if he leaves now.

Toyota move is not gonna happen.
    Contracts are just useless pieces of paper if people are prepared to pay.

It will cost them many millions, but if they really want ogier and he wants them, they can have him.

9. Likes: raybak (8th November 2019)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    Contracts are just useless pieces of paper if people are prepared to pay.

It will cost them many millions, but if they really want ogier and he wants them, they can have him.
    So they're useless but it still requires millions to get rid of them?

I still struggle to figure out why on Earth would 1) Toyota pay millions to buy-out Ogier's current contract (and pay additional millions to Ogier for his services in 2020) and 2) Ogier switch to a team for which no-one with options seems to be willing to work for? Yes, the car is quick, that we've seen, but there are signals it's no longer the monster it was with the bigger rear wing. And as Ogier has said many times, 2020 will be his last season in WRC - why would he play such a big gamble?
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

11. Likes: cali (8th November 2019),EstWRC (8th November 2019),Fast Eddie WRC (8th November 2019),Fredouye (8th November 2019)
    Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post

I still struggle to figure out why on Earth would 1) Toyota pay millions to buy-out Ogier's current contract (and pay additional millions to Ogier for his services in 2020) and 2) Ogier switch to a team for which no-one with options seems to be willing to work for? Yes, the car is quick, that we've seen, but there are signals it's no longer the monster it was with the bigger rear wing. And as Ogier has said many times, 2020 will be his last season in WRC - why would he play such a big gamble?
    They want him so they can win.
    He wants them because it’s still a faster car than the Citroen.

13. Likes: er88 (8th November 2019)
    Liked 2,088 Times in 902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    Technically, this season will be Meekes 3rd full season after Australia, without being benched or booted.
    Well.. okay, I counted 2017 also as full season (he did 12 rallies out of 13)

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    What part of it do you not understand?

The police will not come to put tommi and ogier in jail if they break the contract. It will either be setteled internally, or it will go to a judge who will put a price on it.

And if toyota want to win a title they need better drivers than what they are left with. They need ogier.

And for ogier staying at citroen is perhaps an even bigger gamble than going to toyota. With the current c3 he will never be world champion, and there is no way to know if the car will get on the same level as the competition next year. With the toyota and hyundai budget, it is unlikely that citroen will catch up. Most likely they will just fall ever further behind.

16. Likes: TyPat107 (9th November 2019)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    The police will not come to put tommi and ogier in jail if they break the contract. It will either be setteled internally, or it will go to a judge who will put a price on it.
    I'm quite sure that company like Toyota won't touch anything that can have legal consequences. Especially if it's something as serious as breach of contract. The contractual buy-out clauses usually call for quite substantial amounts of €. Just my guess, but I would assume that in case Ogier we're talking about seven figures. Maybe just, but anyway.

What comes to the claim of Ogier never being a champ with the C3, I think it's quite an overstatement. Yes, they couldn't match Tänak and Toyota (especially Tänak IMO) this year, but it's not like he's heading into the new season against the Hyundai's etc. with a 205 Rallye.

In a nutshell: if Citroen pulls the plug, then yes, Ogier might very well end up at TGR. In all other scenarios, no way.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

18. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (8th November 2019),Hartusvuori (8th November 2019),pantealex (8th November 2019)