Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 273
  1. #31
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Estonia/Finland
    Posts
    9
    Like
    0
    Liked 20 Times in 5 Posts
    Look a little bit farther than your teardrops. There are at least 3 very good drivers who are not compeating in wrc full season(Breen,Ostberg and Paddon) - who are all showed some very good pace.(Breen with hyndai this year and with r5 cars all over the ireland, Ostberg last year finland with this non-drivable citruen and paddon had a pretty good half season last year). Fact is that Msport isnt non-profit organisatsion and you need to pay(or your sponsors) that seat.

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,358
    Like
    5
    Liked 805 Times in 441 Posts
    That is known to all who have said something regarding this topic. Take a look at how you stated it...

  3. Likes: pantealex (21st August 2019)
  4. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    439
    Like
    26
    Liked 128 Times in 85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reff92 View Post
    Look a little bit farther than your teardrops. There are at least 3 very good drivers who are not compeating in wrc full season(Breen,Ostberg and Paddon) - who are all showed some very good pace.(Breen with hyndai this year and with r5 cars all over the ireland, Ostberg last year finland with this non-drivable citruen and paddon had a pretty good half season last year). Fact is that Msport isnt non-profit organisatsion and you need to pay(or your sponsors) that seat.
    Totally agree. And yet team principals are giving chances to formula drivers and other blokes

  5. #34
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    4,610
    Like
    4,126
    Liked 4,716 Times in 2,039 Posts
    Sordo's comments about going to Toyota

    "I don't know anything about that...I just read about it in a Spanish magazine. One of those Spanish journalists wrote that thing, I bought him a good dinner for that"

    "Give me 10 million and I'll move to Finland"

    https://www.rallit.fi/toyotalle-huhu...aikka-suomeen/


  6. Likes: Allez Andruet (22nd August 2019),EstWRC (22nd August 2019),Katvala (22nd August 2019),m-ast (22nd August 2019),Maui J. (22nd August 2019),Micke_VOC (2nd September 2019),pantealex (22nd August 2019),Rally Power (22nd August 2019),steve.mandzij (22nd August 2019),the sniper (22nd August 2019),tomhlord (22nd August 2019)
  7. #35
    Senior Member er88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,090
    Like
    1,647
    Liked 1,139 Times in 570 Posts
    Very open interview with Malcolm Wilson there..., seemed quite chirpy and upbeat. Confirmed Tanak and Martin where in the Msport tent today and talks ongoing. Trying hard to get budget in place and thinks Tanak will want to get something sorted by start if October.

  8. Likes: tomhlord (22nd August 2019)
  9. #36
    Senior Member EstWRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    7,640
    Like
    3,270
    Liked 6,500 Times in 2,725 Posts
    naaahh, they are trying to get Evans in Toyota
    Last edited by EstWRC; 22nd August 2019 at 17:20.
    "Some famous quote from some famous person"

  10. Likes: pantealex (22nd August 2019)
  11. #37
    Member Portimao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    40
    Like
    63
    Liked 39 Times in 11 Posts
    I'm wondering if Tanak comes back to M-Sport, then who's gonna be number 1 in Toyota?

  12. Likes: tomhlord (22nd August 2019)
  13. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,958
    Like
    233
    Liked 1,703 Times in 939 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Portimao View Post
    I'm wondering if Tanak comes back to M-Sport, then who's gonna be number 1 in Toyota?
    That's the million dollar question... without him Toyota seems toothless when it comes to title fight and only drivers that have not proved they can charge for title are available (Latvala, Meeke, Mikkelsen, Evans, Suninen). Out of these they already have 2 in the team and it doesn't seem to work.

    which makes you wonder if they would ever let him leave....

    but sure they could "wait out" a year or two hoping Rovanpera (or someone else, like Suninen) develops.

  14. Likes: pantealex (22nd August 2019)
  15. #39
    Senior Member skarderud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    lillehammer
    Posts
    884
    Like
    733
    Liked 329 Times in 154 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    That's the million dollar question... without him Toyota seems toothless when it comes to title fight and only drivers that have not proved they can charge for title are available (Latvala, Meeke, Mikkelsen, Evans, Suninen). Out of these they already have 2 in the team and it doesn't seem to work.

    which makes you wonder if they would ever let him leave....

    but sure they could "wait out" a year or two hoping Rovanpera (or someone else, like Suninen) develops.
    Out of those 5, Mikkelsen and Evans is the, by far, best choice.
    Latvala maybe over his prime, Meeke still to much "unluck", and sunninen i really don't know how good can be.



    Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

    KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

  16. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    135
    Like
    18
    Liked 108 Times in 49 Posts
    From the interview with Wilson I picket up "we have business relations together", which is true with Markko Märtin Motorsport.

    But taking the "business relationship" out of that context - I wonder, does Wilson have win-win situation here? May he have some percentage of Tänak's salary because he have been investing in him earlier years? (To be clear - those are just my questions, not facts).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •