Page 1 of 168 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts

Silly Season 2020

What do we have cooking for next year's seats?

Here's what's confirmed: Neuville and Loeb will continue at Hyundai, as well as Ogier and Lappi at Citroen. Everything else is in the open

Rumors:
    - Tänak to continue at Toyota
    - Rovanperä to go to Toyota (or M-Sport)
    - Sordo to go to Toyota

What's your guess?

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Evans will go somewhere for a decent salary (Toyota or Hyundai).
    Though missing out Finland and Germany just when the negotiations typically take off probably didn't help his chances.

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    I think after that staggering silly season 2019 we won't actually see that many changes this year (for the next season). IMO Sordo has no place at TGR - so Tommi, if you read this, don't do it. Meeke is out and contrary to what some believe, will be replaced by Rovanperä who will drive full season. Tänak and JML to stay.

Hyundai to keep playing the same driver roulette as this year, the only exception being Breen in the mix. I.e. Sordo and Mikkelsen will remain part of the Korean team.

Evans & Suninen at M-Sport, with Greensmith doing x number of rallies in the third Fiesta.

Sounds a bit boring though, but that's what you get after witnessing things like Meeke to Toyota and Loeb to Hyundai.

...and Ari Mökkonen unable to find a full-time drive for 2020
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

4. Likes: AnttiL (18th August 2019)
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    I think after all the troubles that have been with the car and his teammates, Mr. Tänak has a word to say atleast about one teammate and through mr Toyoda if necessary...youngsters sharing the third car with that someone...or occasional 4 car starts.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts

Silly Season 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post

Hyundai to keep playing the same driver roulette as this year, the only exception being Breen in the mix. I.e. Sordo and Mikkelsen will remain part of the Korean team.
    You suggest they will have Neuville with four other drivers rotating? And that all drivers will accept that?

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    You suggest they will have Neuville with four other drivers rotating? And that all drivers will accept that?
    Yep, that was based on assumption that Neuville is the only one doing all rallies. And what comes to the others, I don't know if they have a choice? Sordo will probably be pleased with such suggestion, Breen will be happy not to be completely out for second consecutive year and Mikkelsen might have nothing to counter Adamo's "it's 8 (or something) rallies for you or nothing" with. And Le Maestro drives whatever rallies that are not disrupting his holiday plans.

Liked 661 Times in 290 Posts
    Hyundai to keep playing the same driver roulette as this year, the only exception being Breen in the mix. I.e. Sordo and Mikkelsen will remain part of the Korean team. (
    Neuville & Loeb already have 2020 contracts with Hyundai. Sordo & Mikkelsen remain and add Breen into the mix would be 5 drivers
    https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan adding a fans perspective to Twitter

9. Likes: AnttiL (18th August 2019)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    If the drivers don't have any other option it is possible. Surely Mikkelsen would gladly trade it for a full time drive anywhere else if he can. Breen probably doesn't have many options atm, neither has Sordo imo and Loeb has already signed for part season.

11. Likes: AnttiL (18th August 2019)
    And Le Maestro drives whatever rallies that are not disrupting his holiday plans.
    I am not so sure Loeb will have much free choice next year if he keeps under-performing. Compared to his outings in C3 just the year before he did ok (on speed) on 2 out of 5 starts this year.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    I think Adamo is quite pleased with him, all things considered. He has talked about it also. There`s going to be a new I20 soon and Loeb has quite a big role in it probably. And talking about his starts this year, he did really well in Monte, Chile and probably would have done great in Portugal too, if not the I20s issues that hit both him and Sordo. Only real dissapointment was Corsica, where he had too costly errors. Sweden wasn`t perfect, especially after a good Monte, but again, he had some pace to show and we are talking about different rallies and an unfamiliar new car.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 18th August 2019 at 10:05.