Page 160 of 168 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1676
    Liked 98 Times in 46 Posts
    If we believe all the comments above then Lappi is the only option for M-Sport's 2nd car. 3rd car goes to whoever pays.

2. Likes: WRC1 (27th November 2019)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    I wonder why Latvala has completely discarded M-Sport, if he could surely find backing for a program with them.
    Probably because he hopes to keep up the ties with the company and maybe also do some other work at the team. I could see him driving the gravel notes car for Kalle.

4. Likes: tomhlord (27th November 2019)
    Liked 144 Times in 87 Posts
    So we could have the folowing line up?

Toyota:
    Ogier
    Evans
    Rovanperra
    Katsuta in 4th car for some rally's

Hyundai:
    Neuville
    Tanak
    Loeb
    Sordo

M sport:
    Suninen
    Lappi
    Greensmith

Private Toyota for Latvala on some rally's (like sead here semi official, close to Toyota team)
    Hyundai sattelite team whit Mikkelsen and Breen

If this Hyundai 2 team would actualy come true, i could see Ostberg having a go there also.

Meeke has had his chanses i think, but i must agree i would mis him if he isnt there in 2020. For Paddon things dont look that good ether..

Whit al these free top drivers it seems like a perfect time to see some private teams.. (remember Stobart, Munchi's, Adapta, Redbull skoda,..)

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvel View Post
    Meeke has had his chanses i think, but i must agree i would mis him if he isnt there in 2020
    Meeke chances aren’t looking good (no confirmation of an early sign with Toyota), but it’d be great having him sharing MSport 3rd car with Greensmith (hard to believe Gryazin will drive it next year).
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 810 Times in 426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Rumors about Gryazin driving for M-Sport next year.

https://twitter.com/MiikaWuorela/sta...87402228535298
    Oh dear, I predict a lot of written-off chassis's

8. Likes: cali (28th November 2019)
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    Hyundai are trying to find partners to run a 2nd team with Mikkelsen
    Well all three drivers in Toyota are Red Bull drivers but I hope the Red Bull money goes elsewhere, Toyota don’t need it.

10. Likes: cali (28th November 2019),Fast Eddie WRC (28th November 2019)
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvel View Post

If this Hyundai 2 team would actualy come true, i could see Ostberg having a go there also.

Whit al these free top drivers it seems like a perfect time to see some private teams.. (remember Stobart, Munchi's, Adapta, Redbull skoda,..)
    I could also see Mikkelsen and Østberg in the same team.

regarding private teams, the Wrc cars of today are very expensive to buy and maintain, so I am not too optimistic. Would love privat teams to happen, but all I Could see is Citroens, and not many would like to drive them.
    maybe some Fords are possible, but I Am guessing few others.

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    "Private" Team couldn´t it also mean just putting money in and factory teams manage and maintain cars under own roof?

I mean a lot of logistics to save.
    But downside would mean Factory teams have to expand facilties, transports etc...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

13. Likes: the sniper (28th November 2019)
    Liked 263 Times in 163 Posts
    I don't believe that Hyundai are willing to put their cars available for buying or renting. They said it couple of years ago that they don't allow that. Except old gen cars.

Toyota I think is more open for that but only for a selected drivers not anyone.

M-Sport is free and are happy of anyone driving their cars, so easiest solution is their cars.

Citroen, nah. Why would anyone bother if the car is so bad that even the best drivers of the world left them. Only Ostberg could get them a go, but I think he will rather look elsewhere now.

Liked 713 Times in 337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    I don't believe that Hyundai are willing to put their cars available for buying or renting. They said it couple of years ago that they don't allow that. Except old gen cars.

Toyota I think is more open for that but only for a selected drivers not anyone.

M-Sport is free and are happy of anyone driving their cars, so easiest solution is their cars.

Citroen, nah. Why would anyone bother if the car is so bad that even the best drivers of the world left them. Only Ostberg could get them a go, but I think he will rather look elsewhere now.
    Depends if he can get the latest update of the Citroen, with the new aero and suspension etc..Lappi already said it was quite a big improvement. Might be worth it for 1 season if he can, after that lack of development will hinder.