Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 179
  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,342
    Like
    5
    Liked 801 Times in 438 Posts
    Well, you showed your stupidity quite well...

    Though yes, a not-paid place atm i also can`t see for them.

  2. Likes: Entertainer (19th August 2019)
  3. #22
    Senior Member Allez Andruet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,007
    Like
    873
    Liked 1,399 Times in 588 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reff92 View Post
    God bless America!
    ...or otherwise WRC is doomed.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

  4. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    86
    Like
    193
    Liked 64 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reff92 View Post
    You made my day with Tidemand. There is no place for him, because he showed that he cant drive at those speeds. - Same story is with GreenSmith . Only sponsorship money will keep those 4 class drivers in wrc.

    God bless America!
    Haha a new NOT has arrived? Smells troll all the way from Estonia/Finland...

    There is no room for a JWRC/ 2 x WRC2 champion? Then I guess no room for Rovanperä neither if he doesn't IMMEDIATELY make top3 times in 1st and 2nd rally? Tidemand who beat your precious Tänak a couple of times in WRC2, to be current: he beat him 5 years ago in Rally Deutschland in the same car, (Ford R5) and has only had 2 outings in 2017-WRC-car... you already write him off?

    YOU made MY day with that comment.

  5. Likes: Micke_VOC (2nd September 2019),Rallyper (19th August 2019)
  6. #24
    #EE33 #TS3 #GG44 Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    12,207
    Like
    2,395
    Liked 5,741 Times in 3,032 Posts
    Nothing worth speculating until Tanak's future is confirmed. Neuville and Ogier are staying put so any other changes will hardly be earth-shattering.

    I hope any changes will be the 'old-guard' making way for those that have recently lost seats and some new faces. I'm not too confident though as the stakes are so high with the big Manu teams of Toyota & Hyundai and safe bets may still prevail.

  7. Likes: Entertainer (19th August 2019)
  8. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    86
    Like
    193
    Liked 64 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Nothing worth speculating until Tanak's future is confirmed. Neuville and Ogier are staying put so any other changes will hardly be earth-shattering.

    I hope any changes will be the 'old-guard' making way for those that have recently lost seats and some new faces. I'm not too confident though as the stakes are so high with the big Manu teams of Toyota & Hyundai and safe bets may still prevail.
    Agree completely. As much as i love seeing Sordo win in Spain, and Loeb coming back for a guest-run and winning, I'm hoping they move aside. Maybe to racing WTCC or DTM full time.
    Give Breen, Paddon, Tidemand and Rovanperä a chance for a season or two, they are the ones most deserving given recent years results.

  9. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (19th August 2019),Micke_VOC (2nd September 2019),Rally Hokkaido (20th August 2019),skarderud (19th August 2019)
  10. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    424
    Like
    26
    Liked 125 Times in 83 Posts
    Imagine next year silly season when Citroeners will retire because they haven't got the funds despite being all vocal about hybrid and other stuff. 2 shitty seats less

  11. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,878
    Like
    232
    Liked 1,659 Times in 915 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Entertainer View Post
    Agree completely. As much as i love seeing Sordo win in Spain, and Loeb coming back for a guest-run and winning, I'm hoping they move aside. Maybe to racing WTCC or DTM full time.
    Give Breen, Paddon, Tidemand and Rovanperä a chance for a season or two, they are the ones most deserving given recent years results.
    I don't.

    It's entirely possible to have "too young" team and it can lead to disaster. C3 with Lefevbre and Breen are perfect example that almost led to Citroen leaving WRC. Both got to full factory drives with limited to show for (Breen's 3rd place in Finland stands out though, but that was the only result). Neither had the pressing power and/or experience to press changes needed to the car. In the end Citroen went back to "proven" Mikkelsen, Loeb and Østberg who all were out of drive at start of 2017 (thought Loeb didn't want to drive at that point).

    While I don't think Lefevbre had what it takes, this also almost destroyed Breen's career.

    So one "young"/inexperienced driver in team is ok, but 2 is too much. Hence when I see proposals for Toyota with Tanak, Sunninen, Rovanpera and Katsuta it sounds crazy.


    Btw. in terms of age it's Loeb>Meeke>Sordo>Latvala>Ogier>Tanak>Paddon>Neuvil le >Evans>Mikkelsen>Tidemand>Breen>Lappi>Suninen.

    Out of these Loeb and Sordo drive part time and Ogier plans on retiring after next year. In terms of starts it's actually not very different, with the exception of Tidemand off course.
    Last edited by mknight; 19th August 2019 at 21:03.

  12. #28
    Senior Member cali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    1,537
    Like
    2,687
    Liked 488 Times in 213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Entertainer View Post
    Haha a new NOT has arrived? Smells troll all the way from Estonia/Finland...

    There is no room for a JWRC/ 2 x WRC2 champion? Then I guess no room for Rovanperä neither if he doesn't IMMEDIATELY make top3 times in 1st and 2nd rally? Tidemand who beat your precious Tänak a couple of times in WRC2, to be current: he beat him 5 years ago in Rally Deutschland in the same car, (Ford R5) and has only had 2 outings in 2017-WRC-car... you already write him off?

    YOU made MY day with that comment.
    You do realize that the comparison in a R5 was not really a contest bcs of different tyre makes and DMack being not develeloped on tarmac? Your response sound as crazy as the guy to whom you were answering. Quite biased glasses you had there.

    While I do like to Tidemand have a seat in WRC I really cannot see anyone's seat endangered by him. It's a tough competition at the top. Hopefully he is not a write-off and he does not run out of finances because occupying a seat in a WRC team could take for years...

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

  13. Likes: EstWRC (19th August 2019),pantealex (20th August 2019)
  14. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    86
    Like
    193
    Liked 64 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    You do realize that the comparison in a R5 was not really a contest bcs of different tyre makes and DMack being not develeloped on tarmac? Your response sound as crazy as the guy to whom you were answering. Quite biased glasses you had there.

    While I do like to Tidemand have a seat in WRC I really cannot see anyone's seat endangered by him. It's a tough competition at the top. Hopefully he is not a write-off and he does not run out of finances because occupying a seat in a WRC team could take for years...

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    Hehe sure, I'll give that one to you, (although I dont see Tänak on Dmacks that year dominating away from tarmac, for example on gravel, except in Poland where he did good and won...was Dmack bad on all surfaces?) ...but you are kind of nitpicking and/or missing my point?

    My point...Tänak had THREE FULL seasons in WRC-car before making a significant attack towards the top (2017) + stand in-rallies early in his career like Tidemand/Greensmith has now. During his first season he was WAY off the top and now he is arguably the best driver in the world.

    To write off someone after two-three rallies is just plain stupid, especially now when the latest spec-cars are even faster.

  15. #30
    Senior Member cali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    1,537
    Like
    2,687
    Liked 488 Times in 213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Entertainer View Post
    Hehe sure, I'll give that one to you, (although I dont see Tänak on Dmacks that year dominating away from tarmac, for example on gravel, except in Poland where he did good and won...was Dmack bad on all surfaces?) ...but you are kind of nitpicking and/or missing my point?

    My point...Tänak had THREE FULL seasons in WRC-car before making a significant attack towards the top (2017) + stand in-rallies early in his career like Tidemand/Greensmith has now. During his first season he was WAY off the top and now he is arguably the best driver in the world.

    To write off someone after two-three rallies is just plain stupid, especially now when the latest spec-cars are even faster.
    No I'm not nitpicking at all, just presented the facts for you.

    You need to have several seasons at the wheel of a top class car to start playing with the big boys and threathening them, no doubt about it. And agreed, it's quite stupid to write-off someone when they are just about to start their career. Hopefully we'll see more of Pontus but as I said, it could take several years and you need to have the cash to do that.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

  16. Likes: Entertainer (21st August 2019),pantealex (21st August 2019)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •