Page 30 of 168 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oraamat View Post
    I dont think its about that he feels threatened by them, just its hard to play teamgame if his teammates are thinking that they are fighting for championships like Meeke starting from Monte. One thing is that its hard to stay in competition for manufactures champs if one guy is bringing points and other two are failing most of the time. If u look statistics how much points Tänak has collected or how much Latvala+Meeke are collected together then its pretty sad. Also after Turkey Citröen wasnt too much far behind after double podium with manufac points but they are running only two cars vs Toyotas 3 cars. And the other thing is ofcourse that its hard to fight drivers champs if u dont have proper wingmans. Im not talking only about team commands, just how many times Meeke and Latvala have made mistake by pushing on the limit and given away points to championship rivals or just not keeping pressure from behind.

It seems to me like Meeke for now has got to understanding what his assinmnent is, but does he understand it if the point page is blank again in next Monte? Or he thinks that he could fight for championship again and fuck up his season again. I think if he would have been played smart this season and played team game from the beginning of the season he would have seat for next year, but atm it seems like its Citron all over again, and im not so sure.

Also for Latvala, its seems that he cant play team game in because some problems in his head. In Vw years he was nr 2 in team, and was making mistakes. In Toyota debute year when he kinda was team nr 1 driver, it seemed like he gained a new breathing and performed pretty well and I was really happy, but as soon as Ott came to team, its Vw years all over again and seems like he is mentally broken or something, the same talk again and again that he cant make the setup right or doesent understand whats the problem is but car isnt performing well, although he is one of the most experienced driver atm.
    The problem is many times Meeke and JML have crashed or made a mistake while trying to compete with Tänak. TGR and Tänak have lost valuable points in their respective chapionship battles because of that while Ogier and Neuville have gained a lot.

Nobody in Citroën or Hyundai even dares to compete with their number one driver even if sometimes sidekicks are in front for a while.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Liked 12,160 Times in 5,214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Nobody in Citroën or Hyundai even dares to compete with their number one driver even if sometimes sidekicks are in front for a while.

with this i just remembered Wales GB power stage, Lappi was holding his breath when he saw that Ogier was just tiny bit faster than him on splits, and what a relief he had after Ogier had finished and Lappi saw that Ogier was faster him
    Last edited by EstWRC; 15th October 2019 at 11:39.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

3. Likes: AnttiL (15th October 2019),cali (15th October 2019),Hartusvuori (15th October 2019),pantealex (15th October 2019)
    Liked 9,308 Times in 4,936 Posts
    It's a tricky balance trying to take points off your team-mates rivals but not beat him too. Plus there's no splits in the car now to judge your speed and the times are generally very close.

5. Likes: Kradovech (15th October 2019),pantealex (15th October 2019)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    If I had a business to run I might pick up the phone and call Tommi.
    what did he sell Tommi and made so much profits?

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    what did he sell Tommi and made so much profits?
    This: https://www.linkedin.com/company/tom...inen-racing-oy

With all those TGR badges, people tend to forget that Makinen’s company (TMR) is an external partner developing and running the Yaris on behalf and expenses of Toyota.

The huge profits are hardly a surprise: he’s cashing in before Toyota decides to pull out, wisely preparing TMG future (as Richards/Prodrive and Wilson/MSport did in Subaru and Ford golden years).

PS: TMR's Estonian branch isn't yet mentioned on the link.

Quote Originally Posted by tcrown View Post
    There was a rumour circling around SP couple of months ago.ALLEGEDLY(!!) when Tanak was signed by Martin to be on the board of directors in MM-Motorsport, it was because Tommi was trying to force Martin to pay him under the table so that TM-racing will continue to use MM-Motorsports Fiestas next year. Martin didn't like that and put Ott on the board of directors so that Tommi couldn't hassle more money out of Martin and MM-Motorsport. World media picked it up and it was covered by saying Ott just wants to secure his future.
    That would be weird; profits from running the Japanese young drivers are certainly a drop in the ocean, compared to TMR full TGR WRC program.
    Last edited by Rally Power; 15th October 2019 at 14:05.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Well, in addition, there is one lady there, apparently doing most of the leading thing...

But asking money under the table...hard or impossible to believe. One word from Märtin/Tänak to Japanese and they lose the project, the huge profit.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 15th October 2019 at 17:07.

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Well, in addition, there is one lady there, apparently doing most of the leading thing...
    Mia Miettinen is officially leading the two companies (TMR OY and OÜ) together with Mäkinen. Before joining forces with Tommi, she was the CEO of BMW Finland. Whatever the rumors say, based on her CV there's no doubt she knows the corporate leadership part quite well.

10. Likes: dimviii (15th October 2019),pantealex (15th October 2019)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    https://www.rallit.fi/toyotan-wrc-ti...vat-paikkansa/

A nice observation: these are the three last times that Toyota announced their driver lineups

18th Oct 2016
    18th Oct 2017
    17th Oct 2018

So...come Thursday and Friday, maybe some news?

12. Likes: Allez Andruet (15th October 2019),dimviii (15th October 2019),Eli (15th October 2019),er88 (15th October 2019),EstWRC (15th October 2019),Morte66 (15th October 2019),pantealex (15th October 2019)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    this doesnt ''sell'' something.Just uses money from the biggest manufacturer to promote his brand at wrc
    Last time Tommi had a company that sell something,bunkrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    That would be weird; profits from running the Japanese young drivers are certainly a drop in the ocean, compared to TMR full TGR WRC program.
    there is no harm for some more hundreds thousand euros.Not weird at all for me.
    Toyotas healthy economical days have a date expire.And most would have to look for the next day.

14. Likes: cali (15th October 2019),EstWRC (15th October 2019)
    Liked 12,160 Times in 5,214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Oh my favourite rally personality, I even might watch this kitchen table thingy

here you go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MFD...ature=youtu.be

make some popcorn and grab a beer
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

16. Likes: cali (15th October 2019)