Page 29 of 168 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Developing small things that have broken is not vuilding a new car. Especially when TMR OY made 8 million eur profit last year...
    Actually 3,9M€ in the latest accounting period (2018, I guess it's 1-12) and 6,8M€ in 2017.

One would have to dig in a bit deeper to Tommi Mäkinen Oy's financial statements in order to find out how that has actually been generated.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

Liked 414 Times in 101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    Why.. does he feel threatened form Meeke Latvala or Rovenpera? Why else would you insist
    Being #1 can also mean having teamates that would swap positions to give you some bonus points, and for the moment I don't see Toyota playing that game.

Liked 182 Times in 95 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredouye View Post
    Being #1 can also mean having teamates that would swap positions to give you some bonus points, and for the moment I don't see Toyota playing that game.
    To be fair, when have they had the chance to do it?

Tänak has always been either ahead of his teammates or the car has broken down and he has been too far away from them.

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori View Post
    How did Tommi fuck it up? I also heard about Ott's behaviour afterwards, not fully nice.
    He was advised to send in new steering racks to Sardegna to be changed in remaining cars (Latvala retired due to the same problem). He decided not to do this although they were aware of the steering issue and the faulty patch which caused it.

Edit: and I'm quite sure Tänak went full mad mode after that, I've heard about it also.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cali; 15th October 2019 at 10:06.

5. Likes: dimviii (15th October 2019),eib1 (15th October 2019),EstWRC (15th October 2019),Hartusvuori (15th October 2019)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Some things that Tänak could be negotiating about

- The salary
    - The length of the contract
    - How much PR he has to do for Toyota
    - His role on developing the new hybrid car
    - Having confirmed #1 driver status, with other drivers helping him by default
    - Having as much test days as he needs, even if it means less for the others
    - Having the new parts in his car always first
    - The balance between basic salary and the win bonuses
    - This is just my idea, but maybe he would like to have a some sort of compensational win bonus if he's winning and the Toyota breaks down

7. Likes: cali (15th October 2019),EstWRC (15th October 2019),Japé (15th October 2019),meh (15th October 2019),pantealex (15th October 2019),Tauri_J (16th October 2019)
    Liked 25 Times in 20 Posts
    -Able to give the Safari a miss, if he does not want the full round of vaccine shots necessary to go to that part of Africa.

The toyota negotiators probably also have at the back of their mind, how much is being spent on the LMP 1 program. (also being spent on EV R & D etc)

Liked 48 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    Why.. does he feel threatened form Meeke Latvala or Rovenpera? Why else would you insist
    I dont think its about that he feels threatened by them, just its hard to play teamgame if his teammates are thinking that they are fighting for championships like Meeke starting from Monte. One thing is that its hard to stay in competition for manufactures champs if one guy is bringing points and other two are failing most of the time. If u look statistics how much points Tänak has collected or how much Latvala+Meeke are collected together then its pretty sad. Also after Turkey Citröen wasnt too much far behind after double podium with manufac points but they are running only two cars vs Toyotas 3 cars. And the other thing is ofcourse that its hard to fight drivers champs if u dont have proper wingmans. Im not talking only about team commands, just how many times Meeke and Latvala have made mistake by pushing on the limit and given away points to championship rivals or just not keeping pressure from behind.

It seems to me like Meeke for now has got to understanding what his assinmnent is, but does he understand it if the point page is blank again in next Monte? Or he thinks that he could fight for championship again and fuck up his season again. I think if he would have been played smart this season and played team game from the beginning of the season he would have seat for next year, but atm it seems like its Citron all over again, and im not so sure.

Also for Latvala, its seems that he cant play team game in because some problems in his head. In Vw years he was nr 2 in team, and was making mistakes. In Toyota debute year when he kinda was team nr 1 driver, it seemed like he gained a new breathing and performed pretty well and I was really happy, but as soon as Ott came to team, its Vw years all over again and seems like he is mentally broken or something, the same talk again and again that he cant make the setup right or doesent understand whats the problem is but car isnt performing well, although he is one of the most experienced driver atm.
    Last edited by Oraamat; 15th October 2019 at 10:38.

Liked 386 Times in 167 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    Actually 3,9M€ in the latest accounting period (2018, I guess it's 1-12) and 6,8M€ in 2017.

One would have to dig in a bit deeper to Tommi Mäkinen Oy's financial statements in order to find out how that has actually been generated.
    3,9M€ for TMR Finland and in addition 8,4M€ for TMR Estonia so that`s 12,3M€ combined

11. Likes: Allez Andruet (15th October 2019),cali (15th October 2019)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krissucool View Post
    To be fair, when have they had the chance to do it?

Tänak has always been either ahead of his teammates or the car has broken down and he has been too far away from them.
    Both Meeke and Latvala have taken points off Tanak in PS. A lot of times they took points both off him and his rivals but a few times it was from Tanak and not from one of Ogier/Neuville.

At Hyundai Mikkelsen was directly instructed not to push on PS a few times (Sweden, Argentina, Turkey, GB), but also took points off Neuville and Ogier in Sardinia pushing for more manu points by passing Evans.

13. Likes: cali (15th October 2019)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
    3,9M€ for TMR Finland and in addition 8,4M€ for TMR Estonia so that`s 12,3M€ combined
    That's right. I didn't check the OÜ stats at all. That's quite something tbh. 12,3M€ net (?) profit with 82M€ turnover. If I had a business to run I might pick up the phone and call Tommi.
    Last edited by Allez Andruet; 15th October 2019 at 11:19.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

15. Likes: AMSS (15th October 2019)