Page 127 of 168 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1676
    Liked 252 Times in 158 Posts
    Why are these cars so damn expensive, no privateers wants to drive them massively or manus just don't want to rent out them.. I don't get it. That's why I'm concerned that series will go down. Could FIA introduce R5 hybrid power and be a lot cheaper and attract more works teams? Could that be a solution? Just my thinking. I mean how bad could have been to have R5 hybrid machinery.

2. Likes: skarderud (14th November 2019),Sulland (14th November 2019),T16 (14th November 2019)
    Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    Yes, it is time to kill off Wrc2017 type cars, they will be replaced with hybrid soon anyway.
    Do another Group B to Group A exercise, as in 1986/87.

2020 should be decided in R5 cars. Then the championship will blossom in numbers, and get more open on who will win rallies!
    Last edited by Sulland; 15th November 2019 at 08:24.

Liked 45 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    Let’s say M-sport are only really bothered Ona year to year basis, which they usually are.. do you really think Greensmith is a better option than the mass of drivers out there?
    Can’t see why they need to take funding from the second seat, as they didn’t this year, and let’s face it, the drivers who really need a spot aren’t in an ideal position to negotiate.
    Greensmith will be bringing money. Which of the free agents could say the same? It's not like they will be directly challenging the monster lineups of Toyota and Hyundai next season. With so many drivers on the market I would rule out everyone but Lappi and Mikkelsen for M-Sport, but even Mikkelsen is a massive long shot. The upside for Lappi would be that he could do the entire season, something that would probably be out of the question with Hyundai. The question is whether Wilson sees it the same way. He said of all the drivers on the market he's only interested in Tänak not too long ago. With Citroen going under and Ogier in Toyota, the only driver that was left out of the equation at the time was Lappi. He will be losing a quick driver with Evans, so that situation does indeed call for mitigation. I think Lappi would be a great choice for M-Sport at this time, if they even stay in the series. I remember they were hanging on by a hair before this season right until Monte Carlo startlist was announced.
    Last edited by ggg377; 14th November 2019 at 22:50.

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ggg377 View Post
    Greensmith will be bringing money. Which of the free agents could say the same? It's not like they will be directly challenging the monster lineups of Toyota and Hyundai next season. With so many drivers on the market I would rule out everyone but Lappi and Mikkelsen for M-Sport, but even Mikkelsen is a massive long shot. The upside for Lappi would be that he could do the entire season, something that would probably be out of the question with Hyundai. The question is whether Wilson sees it the same way. He said of all the drivers on the market he's only interested in Tänak not too long ago. With Citroen going under and Ogier in Toyota, the only driver that was left out of the equation at the time was Lappi. He will be losing a quick driver with Evans, so that situation does indeed call for mitigation. I think Lappi would be a great choice for M-Sport at this time, if they even stay in the series. I remember they were hanging on by a hair before this season right until Monte Carlo startlist was announced.
    I, of course, don't know for definite, but I would reckon Latvala could bring a heck of a lot more budget than Greensmith and a hell of a lot more speed.
    No Way Greensmith deserves to be in the main team next year... he's not that great at all.

6. Likes: Eli (15th November 2019)
    Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    I, of course, don't know for definite, but I would reckon Latvala could bring a heck of a lot more budget than Greensmith and a hell of a lot more speed.
    No Way Greensmith deserves to be in the main team next year... he's not that great at all.
    Greensmith family has owned Crown Oil in the Uk since the 1920's so money is not an issue...
    Last edited by SubaruNorway; 14th November 2019 at 23:47.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

8. Likes: AnttiL (15th November 2019),cali (15th November 2019),pantealex (15th November 2019),TWRC (15th November 2019)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    I wrote before that MSport needs at least one "stable", fast and experienced driver if Evans leaves to support their "business case". MSport in WRC is now all about raising up new drivers that pay in one way or another (either immediatelly or with their future income).
    They need a fast experienced driver for the youngsters to compare with, to help setup the car and provided feedback, to develop the car and also to show to potential customer that the car has top speed. If they don't have that their value sinks in the eyes of the customer. I also mentioned that Suninen was mentioning quite a few times in Finland how he was missing someone (Evans) to help him setup the car.

Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    Why are these cars so damn expensive, no privateers wants to drive them massively or manus just don't want to rent out them.. I don't get it. That's why I'm concerned that series will go down.
    Aero among other things. After Østberg/Prokop team quit in 2017 they were very vocal about the crazy prices for the carbon parts that get damaged on every second stage in a gravel rally.

10. Likes: AnttiL (15th November 2019)
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    I wrote before that MSport needs at least one "stable", fast and experienced driver if Evans leaves to support their "business case". MSport in WRC is now all about raising up new drivers that pay in one way or another (either immediatelly or with their future income).
    They need a fast experienced driver for the youngsters to compare with, to help setup the car and provided feedback, to develop the car and also to show to potential customer that the car has top speed. If they don't have that their value sinks in the eyes of the customer. I also mentioned that Suninen was mentioning quite a few times in Finland how he was missing someone (Evans) to help him setup the car.

Aero among other things. After Østberg/Prokop team quit in 2017 they were very vocal about the crazy prices for the carbon parts that get damaged on every second stage in a gravel rally.
    For privateers, cause it is profit. Development also costs. Afterwards bone of the parts ( just to produce labour+materials) isn't that bad.

Liked 45 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post

This is an excellent point, but I'm not sure if there is such a driver on the market. Evans is certainly said to be an excellent mechanic and I would say he also passes both as a pacy and a stable driver. Tänak is known to be good with tuning the cars. I have heard some contradicting things about Latvala's and Mikkelsen's skills in the garage. And certainly Latvala is the furthest thing from stable right now. Meeke is even worse with all the crashes. It will be very tough for Wilson, that's why I said I really hope M-Sport will continue in the series.

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    I can’t think of one other world championship motorsport category that has 8 entries.
    It’s shit.
    I wasn't comparing it to any motorsport or sport, but against the different eras of this very sport. If the number of top level factory entries is the most important feature, then rally's most likely never the sport for you. That "battle" we will always lose.
    Last edited by Allez Andruet; 15th November 2019 at 06:50.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

14. Likes: pantealex (15th November 2019)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    Why are these cars so damn expensive, no privateers wants to drive them massively or manus just don't want to rent out them..
    Remember Janne Tuohino? He bought a Fiesta WRC and put it out for rent. It's been rented for one WRC event and one local event...

https://www.ewrc-results.com/carinfo...c-17/?spz=3763

16. Likes: pantealex (15th November 2019)