Page 168 of 168 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168
Results 1,671 to 1,676 of 1676
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    old thread brought up by a spam-bot but why not for 2022

2022 prediciton from me

#44 Greensmith Gus - Edmondson Elliott
    So you predict Edmondson returns or just put it accidentally?

I think that's a quite good call, but I wouldn't rule out Suninen quite yet. Maybe it will be another year split between WRC2 and the main class.

Liked 12,173 Times in 5,221 Posts
    im not sure about any of the co-drivers based on this season
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 1,446 Times in 828 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    old thread brought up by a spam-bot but why not for 2022

2022 prediciton from me

Toyota

#69 Rovanperä Kalle - Halttunen Jonne
    #33 Evans Elfyn - Martin Scott
    #4 Lappi Esapekka - Ferm Janne/ #17 Ogier Sébastien - Ingrassia Julien
    #18 Katsuta Takamoto - Barritt Daniel

Hyundai

#8 Tänak Ott - Järveoja Martin
    #11 Neuville Thierry - Wydaeghe Martijn
    #6 Dani Sordo/ #2 Solberg Oliver - Johnston Aaron

M-sport

#42 Breen Craig - Nagle Paul
    #16 Fourmaux Adrien - Jamoul Renaud
    #44 Greensmith Gus - Patterson Chris
    I know it's been mentioned here a few times but I really would like them to stop using those numbers as if they're in Formula 1.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Create new thread, doesn't take any time.

Sordo+Solberg for Hyundai 3rd seems like really weak lineup at this very moment. Sordo has not been himself since the codriver change is now changing again. Solberg isn't ready to reliably score any points.

5. Likes: AnttiL (16th August 2021),pantealex (16th August 2021)
    Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    I don't think adamo, unlike tommi, is stupid enough to put a new kid in like solberg in the car. He is there to get results, not money.

But as a 4th car would be a real possibility.

Liked 335 Times in 203 Posts
    The third car is quite a difficult question for Hyundai if Breen has already signed with M-Sport. Maybe a full-Time offer to Breen from Hyundai can change the dynamic but personnally, I wouldn’t offer a full-Time drive to Breen in Hyundai’s situation.
    Lappi is the most interesting option in my opinion but it seems to be already set with Toyota. It’s a pity that his relations are difficult with M-Sport because a Lappi-Breen-Fourmaux line-up would have been interesting.

After that, a lot of B/C-rank drivers are available but every of them have a lot of uncertainties:
    - Solberg, some potential but seems less developed than Kalle in 2019 (even if Rovanpera last R5 season was not that good)
    - Sordo, difficult season so far and a risk of dropping in his performance at his age. But he has a lot of experience and he is good on tarmac and some type of Gravel events which is interesting in a shared 3rd car.
    - Suninen, awful season so far; maybe some potential but huge risk.
    - Mikkelsen: he knows the team (an asset in my opinion because the adaptation to the Hyundai cars does not seem that simple)
    - Østberg: reliable and close to Mikkelsen in R5 and a good emergency stint with Citroën in 2018 but 3 seasons out of Rally1.
    - Paddon: out of the game for too long now (high risk of an Atkinson-like comeback)
    - Loeb: he is interested in doing one or 2 events next year but on what he showed in 2019 and 2020, I didn’t find him better than Mikkelsen or Sordo (I talk about the 45-year old Loeb for sure)
    - Loubet: not reliable and slow.
    - Huttunen: some potential but still, difficult to give him a car for a director when so much experienced drivers are available.

None of them really deserves a full-time seat so a shared third car is the best strategy for Hyundai even if I’m not a fan of that: Sordo is a no-brainer considering his profile and I would say Solberg or Mikkelsen for the other part of the calendar.

Mikkelsen is interested by M-Sport but I don’t see the interest for M-Sport to have both Breen and Mikkelsen on a full-time basis (except if one of them pay for it but I have not understood that they want to pay for a full season). IMO, they should focus on the quality of the car even if it means to have Greensmith or Gryazin (or even worse) in the third car.