Page 92 of 168 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142 ... LastLast
    Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    This is now the biggest problem for Tommi.

He has openly said that he will never take SebO to his team and now he must try it...

Evans has gained lot of money if he hasn´t signed for Msport yet...
    Tommi is asking, so Malcolm must offer something more.
    Different if Ogier actually want to go to Toyota.
    About Evans, maybe incase they dont get Ogier? Eitherway doesn't look good for Latvala. Mikkelsen to Citröen then, if they stay and Ogier moves?

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    So David Evans with the Meeke to Toyota scoop, Loeb to Hyundai, Kalle to Toyota as 3rd driver, and now Tanak to Hyundai.

Not bad for all the bashing he sometimes gets.
    I still don't like him when he writes articles without real news or content. And his comments are not very insightful, but I'll give him that he is very good in getting scoops like that. And I guess it's not easy in a little and "closed" environment like WRC.

3. Likes: pantealex (1st November 2019),the sniper (1st November 2019)
    Liked 44 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    Ever thought to actually follow the rallies, not just read the results?
    Result is what matters. 3 podiums, 4 terrible rallies and a bunch of mediocre rallies can hardly be described as a successful season.

It reminds me the Estonian football commentators who described our womens squad 0:7 loss to Netherlands as a "graceful game" and "good effort, with nothing to be embarrased about".

Liked 382 Times in 178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Indreq View Post
    Some days ago everybody talked about Mia as the reason why Tänak is leaving, now it is R5 deal, i wonder what comes next week?
    I don't care, as long as it is something. I come home every evening to read the latest on this silliest of seasons - let's see if it can go on for more than 100 pages! Actually, it's almost as exciting as a WRC round. Forget Ott's movie, someone make a mini-series (working title, Days of Ott's Lives) about this...lol.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

6. Likes: cali (1st November 2019),ggg377 (1st November 2019),m-ast (1st November 2019),pantealex (1st November 2019)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    https://www.rallit.fi/kysyimme-tommi...epesi-nauruun/

They called Mäkinen and asked about the claims about Tänak not being in good terms with TGR leaders. Mäkinen bursts in laughter and says "that's a funny claim"

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robertr View Post
    Result is what matters. 3 podiums, 4 terrible rallies and a bunch of mediocre rallies can hardly be described as a successful season.
    Technical issues cost him the victory in Finland and a podium in Poland.

Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts
    German Rallye Magazin writes that Ogier will be testing Toyota next week
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

10. Likes: cali (1st November 2019)
    Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    German Rallye Magazin writes that Ogier will be testing Toyota next week
    'Rumour they say' If he drives the Toyota before the last rally, is there anyway he does OZ with Citröen?

Liked 258 Times in 162 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    Different if Ogier actually want to go to Toyota.
    Of course he wants to go. I bet he regret every hair he have on his head that he leave M-Sport for Citroen. And best option for decent amount of money he is eager to get is Toyota and they are in big trouble now without a decent driver. He will be in Toyota despite their intense relationship lately. I mean how fragile could be if Tanak basically won two titles for them and Citroen don't won any. It's better to have fast and sometimes breakable car (still could climb places after super rally rule) than unpredictably bad handling C3 who is hard to change.

If this frenchie would still be in M-Sport maybe Tanak couldn't won the title or it would be all down to finale in Australia.

13. Likes: Eli (1st November 2019)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    I still don't like him when he writes articles without real news or content. And his comments are not very insightful, but I'll give him that he is very good in getting scoops like that. And I guess it's not easy in a little and "closed" environment like WRC.
    Let’s face it, there’s only a handful of journos covering the WRC on a permanent basis and among them Evans is the only doing it for a global motorsport press group, making him the perfect messenger if anyone inside the WRC wants to discretlly turn public a private matter.

Actually, this scoop timing makes one wonder about Evans sources purposes; it was released Friday afternoon, when Ogier was no longer a threat to Tanak but Hyundai drivers were starting to feel Toyota rivals pressure, affecting Toyota’s morale for the rest of the rally.
    Rally addict since 1982