Page 6 of 168 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    From the interview with Wilson I picket up "we have business relations together", which is true with Markko Märtin Motorsport.

But taking the "business relationship" out of that context - I wonder, does Wilson have win-win situation here? May he have some percentage of Tänak's salary because he have been investing in him earlier years? (To be clear - those are just my questions, not facts).
    I said this months ago. All this nonsense of Tanak going to Ford is a smoke screen. It's only to get more money from Toyota, of which some goes back to MW...

Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts
    This is interesting, Watch Sordos instagram story, he, Adamo, Tänak and Järveoja having fun with doing arm wrestling Instagram.com/danisordorallye
    Last edited by EstWRC; 25th August 2019 at 21:00.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Well the reason they did it because the joke was Tanak was stronger since he's had to drive without power steering hahaha.

4. Likes: EstWRC (26th August 2019),pantealex (26th August 2019)
    Liked 59 Times in 43 Posts
    is there any real chances of Citroen and/or MSport quitting for 2020 cuz of budgets??
    I mean.. I think I finally have the $ to go to Chile or Arg to watch a WRC event for the first time
    But it'd be soo terrible if theres only 3 toyotas and 3 hyundais competing =[
    And I keep seeing these "Oh but Citroen and Ford may quit cuz its getting to expensive" u'know

Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by giu canbera View Post
    is there any real chances of Citroen and/or MSport quitting for 2020 cuz of budgets??
    I mean.. I think I finally have the $ to go to Chile or Arg to watch a WRC event for the first time
    But it'd be soo terrible if theres only 3 toyotas and 3 hyundais competing =[
    And I keep seeing these "Oh but Citroen and Ford may quit cuz its getting to expensive" u'know
    Citroen and Msport will be there for 2020, nearly 100%.

Msport are talking about signing Tanak or finding the money for that, instead of worrying about money to keep going. Worst comes to worst it's just pay drivers at Msport. But I see suninen continuing there, Greensmith with some budget, and maybe another driver bringing budget if Evans goes. Think Evans will stay though.

Citroen could in theory maybe pack it in if Ogier drops a bombshell that he doesnt want to continue in 2020, but I still doubt that. I'd be worried about Citroen for 2021 onwards once Ogier definitely goes though....

Liked 16,091 Times in 6,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post

Citroen could in theory maybe pack it in if Ogier drops a bombshell that he doesnt want to continue in 2020, but I still doubt that. I'd be worried about Citroen for 2021 onwards once Ogier definitely goes though....
    i am not sure if Ogier would like to continue,if the c3 is at same state as now at November,and loosing the 2019 championship.

Liked 2,122 Times in 918 Posts
    yes, it s0cks on tarmac, but overally wouldn't be so harsh on it.. Out of 10 rallies, Citroen has 8 podiums(including 2 wins) and two simple mistakes and no points from Ogier in Sweden and Sardegna

Ofcourse the situation is difficult, specially Ogier quitting after next year.. but I think the new hybrid era would interest all the manus + hopefully someone extra..

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    I don't see Ogier as a guy that would give up earlier when he is so vocal about 2020 end.

Sure he is massively pissed about tarmac, but on gravel he is on podium pace everywhere...and now he won't have to clean the road for a while.

10. Likes: pantealex (27th August 2019)
    Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post

Sure he is massively pissed about tarmac, but on gravel he is on podium pace everywhere...and now he won't have to clean the road for a while.
    Is he on podium pace everywhere or is that a bit skewed? From the top of my head, I think he was handed Podiums in Argentina by Toyotas problems for Tanak and Meeke (plus Meekes time penalty), and then handed a podium in Portugal as well by Meekes mistake and also Jari's troubles. In Finland he was nowhere, and Sardinia was a horrible rally for him. He's really not at one with the car on a huge number of rallies in my eyes, but ofcourse especially tarmac. You can mention road order but Ogier when totally happy can win/fight for wins on gravel events, even when running first car.

He's just one of the best ever drivers and is getting the absolute maximum out of the package currently, by fighting the car/ being clever on some occasions.

12. Likes: AnttiL (26th August 2019)
    Liked 1,614 Times in 735 Posts
    During Rallye Deutschland Mäkinen was quite confident, that they will have another options available if Tänak leaves. If it's going to happen, can we expect Ogier to Toyota? In this case I'm afraid that Citroen quits also.