Page 4 of 168 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Liked 25 Times in 8 Posts
    Look a little bit farther than your teardrops. There are at least 3 very good drivers who are not compeating in wrc full season(Breen,Ostberg and Paddon) - who are all showed some very good pace.(Breen with hyndai this year and with r5 cars all over the ireland, Ostberg last year finland with this non-drivable citruen and paddon had a pretty good half season last year). Fact is that Msport isnt non-profit organisatsion and you need to pay(or your sponsors) that seat.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    That is known to all who have said something regarding this topic. Take a look at how you stated it...

3. Likes: pantealex (21st August 2019)
    Liked 256 Times in 160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reff92 View Post
    Look a little bit farther than your teardrops. There are at least 3 very good drivers who are not compeating in wrc full season(Breen,Ostberg and Paddon) - who are all showed some very good pace.(Breen with hyndai this year and with r5 cars all over the ireland, Ostberg last year finland with this non-drivable citruen and paddon had a pretty good half season last year). Fact is that Msport isnt non-profit organisatsion and you need to pay(or your sponsors) that seat.
    Totally agree. And yet team principals are giving chances to formula drivers and other blokes

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Sordo's comments about going to Toyota

"I don't know anything about that...I just read about it in a Spanish magazine. One of those Spanish journalists wrote that thing, I bought him a good dinner for that"

"Give me 10 million and I'll move to Finland"

https://www.rallit.fi/toyotalle-huhu...aikka-suomeen/

6. Likes: Allez Andruet (22nd August 2019),EstWRC (22nd August 2019),Katvala (22nd August 2019),m-ast (22nd August 2019),Maui J. (22nd August 2019),Micke_VOC (2nd September 2019),pantealex (22nd August 2019),Rally Power (22nd August 2019),steve.mandzij (22nd August 2019),the sniper (22nd August 2019),tomhlord (22nd August 2019)
    Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Very open interview with Malcolm Wilson there..., seemed quite chirpy and upbeat. Confirmed Tanak and Martin where in the Msport tent today and talks ongoing. Trying hard to get budget in place and thinks Tanak will want to get something sorted by start if October.

8. Likes: tomhlord (22nd August 2019)
    Liked 12,205 Times in 5,239 Posts
    naaahh, they are trying to get Evans in Toyota
    Last edited by EstWRC; 22nd August 2019 at 17:20.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

10. Likes: pantealex (22nd August 2019)
    Liked 96 Times in 41 Posts
    I'm wondering if Tanak comes back to M-Sport, then who's gonna be number 1 in Toyota?

12. Likes: tomhlord (22nd August 2019)
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Portimao View Post
    I'm wondering if Tanak comes back to M-Sport, then who's gonna be number 1 in Toyota?
    That's the million dollar question... without him Toyota seems toothless when it comes to title fight and only drivers that have not proved they can charge for title are available (Latvala, Meeke, Mikkelsen, Evans, Suninen). Out of these they already have 2 in the team and it doesn't seem to work.

which makes you wonder if they would ever let him leave....

but sure they could "wait out" a year or two hoping Rovanpera (or someone else, like Suninen) develops.

14. Likes: pantealex (22nd August 2019)
    Liked 797 Times in 379 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    That's the million dollar question... without him Toyota seems toothless when it comes to title fight and only drivers that have not proved they can charge for title are available (Latvala, Meeke, Mikkelsen, Evans, Suninen). Out of these they already have 2 in the team and it doesn't seem to work.

which makes you wonder if they would ever let him leave....

but sure they could "wait out" a year or two hoping Rovanpera (or someone else, like Suninen) develops.
    Out of those 5, Mikkelsen and Evans is the, by far, best choice.
    Latvala maybe over his prime, Meeke still to much "unluck", and sunninen i really don't know how good can be.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Liked 1,594 Times in 724 Posts
    From the interview with Wilson I picket up "we have business relations together", which is true with Markko Märtin Motorsport.

But taking the "business relationship" out of that context - I wonder, does Wilson have win-win situation here? May he have some percentage of Tänak's salary because he have been investing in him earlier years? (To be clear - those are just my questions, not facts).