Page 128 of 168 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1676
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ggg377 View Post
    Greensmith will be bringing money. Which of the free agents could say the same? It's not like they will be directly challenging the monster lineups of Toyota and Hyundai next season. With so many drivers on the market I would rule out everyone but Lappi and Mikkelsen for M-Sport, but even Mikkelsen is a massive long shot. The upside for Lappi would be that he could do the entire season, something that would probably be out of the question with Hyundai. The question is whether Wilson sees it the same way. He said of all the drivers on the market he's only interested in Tänak not too long ago. With Citroen going under and Ogier in Toyota, the only driver that was left out of the equation at the time was Lappi. He will be losing a quick driver with Evans, so that situation does indeed call for mitigation. I think Lappi would be a great choice for M-Sport at this time, if they even stay in the series. I remember they were hanging on by a hair before this season right until Monte Carlo startlist was announced.
    I still say Lappi won't go to M-Sport without getting rid of EVEN Management because

- Wilson won't be paying him a big salary
    - EVEN won't allow him to pay for a drive (through sponsors)
    - If Lappi would drive M-Sport on a small salary like Evans, it would likely include an "investment" with a future share, which EVEN wouldn't probably like or Lappi would have to give shares to two external parties of his salary.

Tidemand parted ways with EVEN and drove with M-Sport.

Mikkelsen already started by parting ways with EVEN.

2. Likes: Allez Andruet (15th November 2019),pantealex (15th November 2019)
    Liked 12,153 Times in 5,211 Posts
    well, then he will sit at home next year
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    well, then he will sit at home next year
    Another point: Lappi had the worst point score of the year, why would Wilson or any team boss pick him ahead of Suninen, Latvala, Meeke, Evans or Mikkelsen? Maybe be it's deserved to sit at home?

5. Likes: Allez Andruet (15th November 2019),er88 (15th November 2019),krissucool (15th November 2019),pantealex (15th November 2019)
    Liked 12,153 Times in 5,211 Posts
    Citroen says it's discussing 2020 with Ogier amid WRC pullout talk

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...020-with-ogier
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Citroen says it's discussing 2020 with Ogier amid WRC pullout talk

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...020-with-ogier
    And what the f*** is that supposed to mean? Just bring on Monte already so we'd know who's there and in which car.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

Liked 24 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    Way more than 8 top spec cars in each WRX event isn’t there?
    Yes, sorry I thought we were talking manufacturer's entries, which is practically zero, which strangely enough has made for a great season with great entries

9. Likes: pantealex (15th November 2019)
    Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    I wasn't comparing it to any motorsport or sport, but against the different eras of this very sport. If the number of top level factory entries is the most important feature, then rally's most likely never the sport for you. That "battle" we will always lose.
    Eight WRC cars would be bad now. Just because it’s been worse in the past, doesn’t mean it’s in a good place now.
    Rally is definitely the best motorsport for me, I just would love to see a stacked field and I can’t see anything improving any time soon.
    Why can’t I desire for there to be more entries, to make it a more exciting spectacle?
    It was good (for the most part) in the 90’s / 2000’s so why not again?
    To say that is a battle we will always lose probably goes against the thinking of the majority of fans and certainly the current manufacturers and promoters.
    I’d be very surprised if I was the only one thinking the current status is acceptable.
    Hate to say it, but look at F1... even with Mercedes potentially pulling out and a few other teams always blowing hit and cold, it looks like the majority are going to commit to the next set of regulations and with this comes sustainability and therefore commitment and interest from others joining the series.
    Right now, rallying looks secure for one, maybe two seasons at the most (in terms of manufacturer commitment) and I desperately hope they find a way of changing this and getting it back to a healthy position again.

Quote Originally Posted by go mads View Post
    Yes, sorry I thought we were talking manufacturer's entries, which is practically zero, which strangely enough has made for a great season with great entries
    I guess as long as we have top drivers in the ‘full fat’ cars, it doesn’t bother me who runs them.
    I know I’ll get shot down, but I just find the current R5 spec so underwhelming, both on TV and particularly watching a stage live. They’re so bloody quiet for a start.
    As someone posted above, maybe make the current R5 the new generation and hybrid, but please make them twice as loud.

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    How many of 2019 WRC events had only 8 modern WRC cars if we take those 2 Citroen´s away ?

I counted only 4.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    How many of 2019 WRC events had only 8 modern WRC cars if we take those 2 Citroen´s away ?

I counted only 4.
    Not sure to be honest, I meant in terms of how many will turn up if we have 3, 3 and two from the current teams.
    Still can’t be much higher than 8 though.
    Last edited by T16; 15th November 2019 at 09:23.