Page 107 of 168 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1676
    Liked 2,833 Times in 1,607 Posts
    I´ve been wrong before, but JML probably drive 3rd car full season at Toyota. As Kalle will only drive part of 2020, he and Takamoto having 4th car.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 253 Times in 103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Loubet needs another solid full season in WRC 2 or whatever it's called.
    He's been in the WRC for 5 years now.

I'm not sure there's anything to be gained by another year in WRC2.

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    I´ve been wrong before, but JML probably drive 3rd car full season at Toyota. As Kalle will only drive part of 2020, he and Takamoto having 4th car.
    Where do you keep getting this from? Are you choosing to deliberately ignore the reports that Kalle will drive a full season for Toyota?

Liked 2,833 Times in 1,607 Posts
    Where do you keep getting this from? Are you choosing to deliberately ignore the reports that Kalle will drive a full season for Toyota?
    From where did you get that?

I think it can be big mistake give him that responsibility.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    From where did you get that?

I think it can be big mistake give him that responsibility.
    David Evans has written it in numerous articles this year that Kalle will do all events as part of the main Toyota team.

Maybe without Tanak and no top driver on massive salary they might run 4cars, but Kalle isn't going to be sharing with Katsuta. He will do a full season.

Makinen has also been quoted saying Katsuta's program is dependant on Japan, but said he can see him doing either all the European events + Japan, or a full season. So clearly won't be sharing a car with Kalle.

Liked 1,831 Times in 708 Posts
    So taking rumors into account it maybe looks like this:

Hyundai: Tanak, Neuville, Loeb/Sordo and presumably one other driver on at least one rally, maybe Breen and driving the R5 in the WRC2 team?
    Citroen: Ogier, Lappi
    Toyota: Evans, Meeke or Latvala, Rovanpera + Katsuta in "junior car" + maybe Al-Attiyah on Safari and maybe other "rough" rounds?
    Ford: Suninen, possibly Greensmith and Tidemand on occasional rounds.

I don't think Citroen will retire and so Ogier will stay there, they have plenty of updates coming next year so it may not be so bad to stay there. He has a good chance as Tanak and Neuville may take points off each other. Each car has certain strong and weak events but now for Tanak and Neuville those will be the same, before they were not always fighting directly.

I guess Ford is waiting to see what happens and then take whoever is left without a drive and get a good deal from them. Maybe they could take Latvala or Meeke, whoever is dropped by Toyota.

For me the dark horse in this is Mikkelsen, I think he was doing well in the Polo (helped by the car of course) but since then he has struggled in the Citroen and Hyundai. Maybe switching to Ford he will find a car that suits him more and might be a surprise.

7. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (8th November 2019),RS (8th November 2019)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    David Evans has written it in numerous articles this year that Kalle will do all events as part of the main Toyota team.

Maybe without Tanak and no top driver on massive salary they might run 4cars, but Kalle isn't going to be sharing with Katsuta. He will do a full season.

Makinen has also been quoted saying Katsuta's program is dependant on Japan, but said he can see him doing either all the European events + Japan, or a full season. So clearly won't be sharing a car with Kalle.
    D.Evans has been right but Kalle himself has said that he doesn´t want full season...

That´s the reason why some here ignore other reports.

And yes, it´s possible that Kalle is doing full season.

Katsuta is not part of "official" TGR but Kalle will be, so if Kalle do part season, he is not sharing it with Katsuta.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

9. Likes: Rallyper (9th November 2019)
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    D.Evans has been right but Kalle himself has said that he doesn´t want full season...

That´s the reason why some here ignore other reports.
    Ok thanks, wasn't aware at all Kalle had said that.

I think it would be beneficial for him to do a full season, get knowledge of all events in a world rally car. However I would run him as a 4th car, take away the pressure of having to think of manufacturers points in his first season.

11. Likes: pantealex (8th November 2019)
    Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    When has he said this? ��

Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    Ok thanks, wasn't aware at all Kalle had said that.

I think it would be beneficial for him to do a full season, get knowledge of all events in a world rally car. However I would run him as a 4th car, take away the pressure of having to think of manufacturers points in his first season.
    Bit hard to do full season when he's in the army maybe? I'm sure he gets special treatment but still
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net