Page 154 of 168 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1673
  1. #1531
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    587
    Like
    43
    Liked 202 Times in 132 Posts
    And here we are Meeke, Lappi ->> M-Sport. Which driver comes next, maybe one of the Hyundai guys, Neuville, Sordo, Loeb?

  2. Likes: pantealex (27th November 2019)
  3. #1532
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    810
    Like
    0
    Liked 306 Times in 186 Posts
    Why does everyone think Lappi will land the Ford seat,after the season he has had.. Ahead of Meeke, unless he is paying. Meeke doesn't pay, and has said that publically.

  4. #1533
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Estonia/Winland
    Posts
    39
    Like
    1
    Liked 25 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    Why does everyone think Lappi will land the Ford seat,after the season he has had.. Ahead of Meeke, unless he is paying. Meeke doesn't pay, and has said that publically.
    Because Lappi had some bad luck as well with the car couple of times.Lappi had i think 3 second places on the season? Meeke just crashed so much on very key points on rally. Ogier knows when he has one of kinda like meekes teammate - he is definetly loosing that next champ as well. Because like Markko sayd : Best Hyundai drivers was two Toyota ones.

  5. #1534
    Senior Member er88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,215
    Like
    1,795
    Liked 1,278 Times in 629 Posts
    Because Lappi can be an investment for Msport. He drives for Msport, regains form and confidence, shows potential championship challenging potential etc etc..., Malcolm can then get a cut from his future earnings if Lappi moves on in a few years to the likes of Hyundai.

    I'm sure if Lappi doesn't pay to drive, Malcolm will work something like that into his contract.

  6. Likes: EstWRC (26th November 2019),Rallyper (27th November 2019)
  7. #1535
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    810
    Like
    0
    Liked 306 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reff92 View Post
    Because Lappi had some bad luck as well with the car couple of times.Lappi had i think 3 second places on the season? Meeke just crashed so much on very key points on rally. Ogier knows when he has one of kinda like meekes teammate - he is definetly loosing that next champ as well. Because like Markko sayd : Best Hyundai drivers was two Toyota ones.
    Naaaa.. Ogier crushed Lappi. Lappi will pay to drive.

  8. #1536
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    587
    Like
    43
    Liked 202 Times in 132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    Why does everyone think Lappi will land the Ford seat,after the season he has had.. Ahead of Meeke, unless he is paying. Meeke doesn't pay, and has said that publically.
    I was joking haha Meeke's rumours now seems like Lappi's, so that's why I said that. If this will be true actually M-Sport could be even stronger next year than this yer with Evans and Suninen.

  9. #1537
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    GB, Manchester
    Posts
    367
    Like
    210
    Liked 310 Times in 150 Posts
    I think Lappi + Fiesta would be a really good combo, because to me he has different approach to next season/his driving than Meeke.. Lappi have to show stable pace and few podium places vs Meeke goes full out and is sure that he could be WDC. Like this year.. although he was constantly losing to ,,top3'', he still drove with an attitude like he had a chance for WDC(mathematically)..

  10. #1538
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    4,981
    Like
    4,531
    Liked 5,317 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doubled1978 View Post
    I tend to agree, but if Meeke got paid out of his Toyota contract Malcolm could have him with Toyota effectively paying him! That might appeal...
    Kris could have his salary in the brown envelope, but someone still has to pay for running the car. I doubt the envelope is thick enough for the whole season.

    Same with Lappi, I suppose Citroen has to pay him full salary from 2020, but it's not enough for a full M-Sport season. However, like said, Malcolm could be interested in investing a young driver. And then it's another thing what Even management thinks about this...

  11. Likes: Allez Andruet (26th November 2019),pantealex (27th November 2019),TypeR (26th November 2019)
  12. #1539
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    585
    Like
    613
    Liked 356 Times in 189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Kris could have his salary in the brown envelope, but someone still has to pay for running the car. I doubt the envelope is thick enough for the whole season
    Good point, still probably net-cheaper.


    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Same with Lappi, I suppose Citroen has to pay him full salary from 2020, but it's not enough for a full M-Sport season. However, like said, Malcolm could be interested in investing a young driver. And then it's another thing what Even management thinks about this...
    I think the deal could be M-Sport pays to run the car (potential podiums to prove the pace and skill of M-Sport organisation) but don't have to pay Lappi a penny. Mutually beneficial. I suppose.

  13. #1540
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Gods Own County
    Posts
    708
    Like
    22
    Liked 385 Times in 215 Posts
    Kris wont be at M Sport even if its for nothing.

  14. Likes: EstWRC (27th November 2019)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •