Page 18 of 168 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    https://www.is.fi/ralli/art-2000006235844.html

Finnish media IS reporting that Tänak is about to land a monster deal with Toyota. It is understood that the biggest obstacle has not been money, but Tänak's demand of clear number one position in the team for next year, which Mäkinen has traditionally been reluctant to give to any driver. Bunch of other things as well, but unfortunately I have no time to write longer.

In the article Jouhki also says that Latvala's situation "is not looking bad". Whatever that means.
    Also says that Tänak's salary could be 5-10 million, in case he keeps winning rallies and earning more bonuses. And that Tänak has been "shopping around the service park", trying to find out what kind of things he could get black on white from other teams. Not just money, but other issues.

Regarding Tänak's demand of number one position, you can see clearly why he could have never gone to Hyundai.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Regarding Tänak's demand of number one position, you can see clearly why he could have never gone to Hyundai.
    Imo it's not so much about him demanding preferential treatment before the start of the season or getting better parts. But more about not having own teammates chase him for seconds in lead and crashing (like both did in Finland) or taking points off him in numerous power stages.
    But sure at Hyundai he would never be n1 until he consistently beat Neuville in a few rallies.

Autosport article with the same content as rallit.fi in Finnish last night

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...set-for-toyota

Liked 9,308 Times in 4,936 Posts
    If money isnt the big issue, well Tanak would definitely be the No. 1 at M-Sport...

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    If money isnt the big issue, well Tanak would definitely be the No. 1 at M-Sport...
    You understood that wrong. The point of that statement is that Toyota has no problem paying what Tänak wants, but Tänak wants other things than just money (such as no1 driver position). Money was likely an issue with Hyundai and M-Sport.

Adamo just said on All Live that Loeb will do six rallies next year.

7. Likes: Allez Andruet (12th September 2019)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    well Loeb said that himself multiple times this year as well that he wants to do 6, so no big surprise. Wonder if he might go for more gravel rounds if he doesn't like the tarmac car, guess we'll see after Spain.

Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    You understood that wrong. The point of that statement is that Toyota has no problem paying what Tänak wants, but Tänak wants other things than just money (such as no1 driver position). Money was likely an issue with Hyundai and M-Sport.
    I understood. Tanak has had an acceptable financial offer from Toyota but wants other things.

If M-Sport (M.Wilson) could afford Ogier and would've kept him this year... then they can use that salary now to afford Tanak. If they couldnt afford him then they wouldnt be in for him.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Salary...what about everything else that makes the car a title-winner? That takes more money...and that is why Ogier decided like he decided. Just look at what and how Toyota is building/testing all the time. Owning a "private" track they can in addition use for SWE and FIN preparations...having it just a small chopper flight away from his family, with engineers a small car drive away from his family...
    Last edited by Tarmop; 12th September 2019 at 20:51.

11. Likes: pantealex (13th September 2019),TWRC (14th September 2019)
    WRC.com

There was plenty of speculation in Turkey about Tänak’s future and when he will confirm his employer for next season. He made his intentions clear after the event, pointing out that he’s not involved in that process and his focus remains on the next three rallies.

He added: “I have been focused all season on this championship and that doesn’t change. I want to finish this year in the perfect way, but I guess we know this will come quite hard to win it.

“There are people in the background who are working for me and for next year and, obviously, it’s important to get these things fixed. There’s really not much for me to do in that direction, but I won’t be distracted by any of this. People know what I want for next year, but, for me, I focus on Wales.”
    #M-SPORTER