Page 7 of 168 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Citroen is granted for 2020 with the same 2 cars/drivers; all involved (Jackson, Budar, Ogier and Lappi) already confirmed it.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Is he on podium pace everywhere or is that a bit skewed?...

He's just one of the best ever drivers and is getting the absolute maximum out of the package currently, by fighting the car/ being clever on some occasions.
    IMO his results on gravel this year are fully compatible with 2017 season at about this point. Sure there were some lucky results, but most are deserved. Just as in 2017.

One of them is the Argentina you mentioned where he was clear 3rd with everyone still in the race and Meeke 13s behind when Meeke hit the side for puncture and Ogier subsequently the gate after heistating which side of the gate to take.

Also in 2017 Tänak was faster in same car at some rallies, a bit similarly to that Lappi had been faster on 2 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    During Rallye Deutschland Mäkinen was quite confident, that they will have another options available if Tänak leaves. If it's going to happen, can we expect Ogier to Toyota? In this case I'm afraid that Citroen quits also.
    I think in that case he will go for a "B" team with a combination of some of Latvala, Evans, Mikkelsen, Suninen and (part season) Sordo with developing Kalle.

That kind of team can have very good chances for manu champ. and Kalle in best case be real title contender in 2 years or so. Don't believe he will try to get Ogier.

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Sorry for being late to the party but for what reason should Tänak leave Toyota?
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Sorry for being late to the party but for what reason should Tänak leave Toyota?
    Something breaks in the car almost every rally

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    But he's still in a comfortable lead in the championship which has never happend to him before. I can imagine that the issues are annoying but other teams also have issues (of whatever nature). For me to leave is a pure gamble but of course I can't see in his head.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

6. Likes: cali (27th August 2019),EstWRC (26th August 2019),pantealex (27th August 2019)
    Liked 1,614 Times in 735 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    But he's still in a comfortable lead in the championship which has never happend to him before. I can imagine that the issues are annoying but other teams also have issues (of whatever nature). For me to leave is a pure gamble but of course I can't see in his head.
    Yes, it is all hypothetical and by pure-brain-logic he should stay. Said that, I actually would not be too much surprised when he could return to M-Sport. There are many layers of relationships there.

Liked 258 Times in 162 Posts
    Let's be honest, do you all really believe that Ogier will leave? Even if he get offers from Hyundai or Toyota or Citroen. In the past he has prove that he is constantly playing mind games with all involved in this sport. He is the king of doing that and he is still pretty much competitive everywhere and in every car. It would be stupid to leave even for him. I don't thinks so and I will not be surprised after 2020 season that he will sign another contract.

Liked 96 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    Let's be honest, do you all really believe that Ogier will leave? Even if he get offers from Hyundai or Toyota or Citroen. In the past he has prove that he is constantly playing mind games with all involved in this sport. He is the king of doing that and he is still pretty much competitive everywhere and in every car. It would be stupid to leave even for him. I don't thinks so and I will not be surprised after 2020 season that he will sign another contract.
    Agreed. He's not getting too many offers from teams so he creates another offer "from his wife" to retire, just to raise his price which is smart. Don't think he'll be leaving and who knows what manufacturers might join and pay him tons when the hybrids come.

Liked 258 Times in 162 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Päss1928 View Post
    Agreed. He's not getting too many offers from teams so he creates another offer "from his wife" to retire, just to raise his price which is smart. Don't think he'll be leaving and who knows what manufacturers might join and pay him tons when the hybrids come.
    And hybrids on the horizon, he will surely want to try them too.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    One thing that we should remember is that Abu Dhabi hinted at a return to WRC in 2020. Maybe they will take their money bags to M-Sport to secure a proper 1st driver? Would there be a clash of sponsorships with Red Bull, or does Citroen even need extra backing anymore?
    Last edited by AnttiL; 27th August 2019 at 06:16.