Page 119 of 168 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1676
    Liked 1,594 Times in 724 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    Although I am a fan of seeing as many of these cars as possible on a stage, maybe another way to look at it would be that we have eight top-quality drivers in 2020, as opposed to eight top quality ones and a few stragglers (not naming names).

I would rather see the top three in genuine top three cars (let's face it, the Citroen was a shit-box for most of the year) so, with Tanak and Neuville in the Hyundais versus Ogier in a Toyota, it would well make for a better championship that we've seen in 2019.

Rather worrying overall though for the WRC, in the way a team seems to be able to pledge commitment and within a couple of weeks (seemingly) just change direction and leave.

Maybe it's time for a full review of attracting new teams to the sport, as whatever the current formula is, it's not working.
    It also may be boring like hell, when from 8 drivers only 3 are allowed to win because of team-tactics (can not imagine it to happen in Hyndai yet, but it will be there)

2. Likes: Eli (14th November 2019)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Ogier-Lappi-Rovanperä then?
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

Liked 1,462 Times in 835 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    It also may be boring like hell, when from 8 drivers only 3 are allowed to win because of team-tactics (can not imagine it to happen in Hyundai yet, but it will be there)
    Completely agree, and you have less room for youngsters to showcase themselves, not to mention rally drivers who were already sidelined. Where will Lappi go? just as an example.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

What also is a bit surprising is that M-Sport is so silent. Usually they at least talk about "we don't have enough support from Ford to continue".

In case Citroen leaves, there is still M-Sport available. If we will see someone to rise and shine as surprise next year, it will be from M-Sport.

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Jackson was replaced a few weeks ago.. slight inaccuracy, but still the same conclusion.

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    What also is a bit surprising is that M-Sport is so silent. Usually they at least talk about "we don't have enough support from Ford to continue".

In case Citroen leaves, there is still M-Sport available. If we will see someone to rise and shine as surprise next year, it will be from M-Sport.
    That would be a complete mess, if they were out too, but they have spoken recently about wanting to keep Evans for next year, so hopefully that’s a good sign.

.. and to help Mrs Kaiser, I invented new hashtag also: #exitroen

edit: #toyogier seems to be accurate as well
    Last edited by meh; 14th November 2019 at 12:07.

9. Likes: pantealex (14th November 2019)
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    Jackson was replaced a few weeks ago.. slight inaccuracy, but still the same conclusion.
    Yes I know, I think like a month ago....perhaps they are making way for Opel to comeback....although I know it sounds absurd, we'll know better about any of the company's future activity in WRC once the merge of PSA-FCA will take place in December, not talking about Citroen leaving before the 2020 season like what they plan to do in years to follow.

Liked 189 Times in 74 Posts
    I wonder if Citroen R5 program continues or this will also be stopped?

Quote Originally Posted by Indreq View Post
    I wonder if Citroen R5 program continues or this will also be stopped?
    They'll probably pull the plug on that too, make it a privateer thing, and that will be that.