Page 65 of 168 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast
    Liked 189 Times in 74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    Not according to the official records.

TMR OÜ: Reti tee 14 Peetri alevik, Rae vald Harjumaa 75312
    Triple M OÜ (MM-Motorsport): Õlleköögi põik 2, Kurna küla Rae vald Harjumaa 75307
    this is correct. They are geographically close, but not same place.

2. Likes: pantealex (29th October 2019)
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/BseiTNK8jmnhTLYC8
    Google maps shows that these 2 locations are approx. 11 km apart from each other

Liked 48 Times in 21 Posts
    For some reason there isnt proper google streetview at that place, only one dot. And if u open street view in that dot this comes up

360 degrees view inside that car. pretty cool.

Liked 189 Times in 74 Posts
    If these domino pieces fall as it has been predicted here (Ogi to TGR and Citroen to leave) then some finnish hag has screwed up whole WRC...

Liked 44 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    EDIT: but still you can think of the conflict of interest with Tänak driving against his future employer
    That does not seem logical. I don't think Hyundai would want to hire a driver who is willingly sabotaging his current employer.

7. Likes: pantealex (29th October 2019)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robertr View Post
    That does not seem logical. I don't think Hyundai would want to hire a driver who is willingly sabotaging his current employer.
    I think they're willing to hire a driver who will do what's in their best interest.

And this is not to say Tänak would be a cheat, but as AnttiL pointed out, the conflict of interest is huge and leaves a lot to be desired. I think it would be best for all parties (incl. Tänak himself) that Tänak stays home for Australia. If he and Toyota do not win the title, there will forever be questions whether he did his all in that specific rally.

9. Likes: KKS (1st November 2019)
    Liked 44 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    I think they're willing to hire a driver who will do what's in their best interest.

And this is not to say Tänak would be a cheat, but as AnttiL pointed out, the conflict of interest is huge and leaves a lot to be desired. I think it would be best for all parties (incl. Tänak himself) that Tänak stays home for Australia. If he and Toyota do not win the title, there will forever be questions whether he did his all in that specific rally.
    I am very sorry, but this is the stupidest WRC-related thing I have ever read. Worst thing Tänak can do is to no start in Australia. It would decimate his, Hyundai's and whole WRC's integrity and would make the whole series a joke.

I am 100% sure that Tänak will go to Australia hungry as ever and will be fastest Toyota as now the pressure is gone and he can really push.

11. Likes: dimviii (29th October 2019),dnb (29th October 2019),Entertainer (29th October 2019),Rallyper (29th October 2019),Tauri_J (29th October 2019),TypeR (29th October 2019),[RMC]Pip (29th October 2019)
    Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    In Australia he is still a driver of Toyota Gazoo Racing and I think it wasn't even under consideration that he would drive slower or do anything else stupid.. Hyundai should already take into account and calculate the points the way that Tänak may win the rally.

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robertr View Post
    Worst thing Tänak can do is to no start in Australia. It would decimate his, Hyundai's and whole WRC's integrity and would make the whole series a joke.
    Quite the opposite I'm afraid. If conflict of interest (which this is, right?) isn't taken seriously, THAT would make the whole series a joke.

And just to say it one more time: I have no doubts Tänak would do everything in order to secure the manu title for TGR (he has some nice bonus on that title as well, I assume), but it's more about how it looks.

14. Likes: cali (29th October 2019)
    Liked 48 Times in 21 Posts
    Well I think that he goes to Australia to end season with a bang. He doesent have win from there yet and he can realle push because no pressure anymore and he still works for Toyota, to stay home or cruise throught is just stupid. He even said in one interview that season is not over yet, they can relax for a bit but more work waits in Australia.

16. Likes: cali (29th October 2019),pantealex (29th October 2019),Rallyper (29th October 2019)