Page 131 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1636
  1. #1301
    Senior Member Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    12,756
    Like
    2,550
    Liked 6,099 Times in 3,210 Posts
    We have a new thread on the future of WRC: https://www.motorsportforums.com/sho...422-WRC-future
    Chris Ingram (GBR) - Ross Whittock (GBR)
    * European Rally Champions 2019 *

  2. Likes: EstWRC (15th November 2019)
  3. #1302
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    21,369
    Like
    7,479
    Liked 11,781 Times in 5,248 Posts
    ΜΜ sells a brand new fiesta r5 mk2...hmmm...
    https://twitter.com/eWRCresults/stat...85488165666818

  4. #1303
    Senior Member Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    12,756
    Like
    2,550
    Liked 6,099 Times in 3,210 Posts
    Director of PSA Motorsport, Jean-Marc Finot told AUTOhebdo about the future of Citroën in the WRC, in the short and medium term.

    Many rumors circulating about the future of Citroën - in the short and medium terms - in the World Rally Championship. The firm's participation in the chevrons for the 2020 season is mainly linked to Sébastien Ogier, whom Toyota is courting.

    And for good reason, the presence in the team of the six-time world champion would guarantee the tricolor entity of title chances, especially as the new aerodynamic kit of the C3 WRC (designed by Oreca) would be satisfactory. On the other hand, a departure of the native of Gap for Toyota would sound the death knell of his participation in the coming exercise.

    The WRC is thinking about hybridization. Promoting the hybrid via Peugeot in Endurance and Citroën in WRC does it make sense?
    Hybridization of the WRC is planned for 2022. And sizing terms, at the level of motorsport, knowing that we already have the Formula E (with DS, Editor's note), we do not plan to take two large programs such as the WEC and the WRC. And the choice was to leave on the WEC. We will not engage in rally by 2022 with hybridization. That's the choice we took.

    And in the short term?
    We have discussions with Sébastien (Ogier, editor's note) about his participation in 2020. At this point, to talk about the different hypotheses would be to speculate.

    Is the ball in Sébastien Ogier's court?
    Our reference schedule was five years, as announced by Mr. Tavares (early 2017. Editor's note). And there are discussions going on for the 2020 season. There is no intention to suspend this program.

    https://www.autohebdo.fr/wrc/actuali...22-207301.html
    Chris Ingram (GBR) - Ross Whittock (GBR)
    * European Rally Champions 2019 *

  5. Likes: Portimao (15th November 2019),Rally Power (15th November 2019),steve.mandzij (15th November 2019)
  6. #1304
    Senior Member Rally Power's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,639
    Like
    3,336
    Liked 2,514 Times in 1,144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    No. The cost is relative. You can never compare cost alone. You can compare it only if you know what you get for your money and that is what we don't know - but the manufacturers do and they can decide what is worth it.
    You’re once again forgetting that the WRC is competitng for manus with other series. If other series marketing value can match the WRC marketing value, how on earth aren’t each series overall costs important for a manu to decide where to invest?
    Rally addict since 1982

  7. #1305
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,207
    Like
    246
    Liked 1,839 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Hmm the interview with Finot makes me think of an interesting theory.....

    Ogier started talking to Toyota and seeing than Citroen started to spread rumors of leaving
    Now they are carefully crafting then towards "it depends on Ogier"

    So if Ogier signs for Toyota he will get blamed by french people/press for Citroen leaving. Making this whole rumor a pressure tool for keeping him.

    Or another related option is that they decided to leave already and now just try to blame it on Ogier.

  8. #1306
    Senior Member Rally Power's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,639
    Like
    3,336
    Liked 2,514 Times in 1,144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Director of PSA Motorsport, Jean-Marc Finot told AUTOhebdo about the future of Citroën in the WRC, in the short and medium term.

    Many rumors circulating about the future of Citroën - in the short and medium terms - in the World Rally Championship. The firm's participation in the chevrons for the 2020 season is mainly linked to Sébastien Ogier, whom Toyota is courting.

    And for good reason, the presence in the team of the six-time world champion would guarantee the tricolor entity of title chances, especially as the new aerodynamic kit of the C3 WRC (designed by Oreca) would be satisfactory. On the other hand, a departure of the native of Gap for Toyota would sound the death knell of his participation in the coming exercise.

    The WRC is thinking about hybridization. Promoting the hybrid via Peugeot in Endurance and Citroën in WRC does it make sense?
    Hybridization of the WRC is planned for 2022. And sizing terms, at the level of motorsport, knowing that we already have the Formula E (with DS, Editor's note), we do not plan to take two large programs such as the WEC and the WRC. And the choice was to leave on the WEC. We will not engage in rally by 2022 with hybridization. That's the choice we took.

    And in the short term?
    We have discussions with Sébastien (Ogier, editor's note) about his participation in 2020. At this point, to talk about the different hypotheses would be to speculate.

    Is the ball in Sébastien Ogier's court?
    Our reference schedule was five years, as announced by Mr. Tavares (early 2017. Editor's note). And there are discussions going on for the 2020 season. There is no intention to suspend this program.

    https://www.autohebdo.fr/wrc/actuali...22-207301.html
    So, they’ll be there in 2020 (with or without Ogier) and 21 (5 years plan), leaving at the end of 21. If so, that’s not too bad and always better than an immediate pull out.
    Rally addict since 1982

  9. #1307
    Senior Member Allez Andruet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,183
    Like
    949
    Liked 1,679 Times in 702 Posts
    I don't wanna sound negative, but the 5-year plan doesn't mean a thing IF the executives at Citroen/PSA want to terminate the program. VW had made a similar plan and commitment and we all know how that turned out.

    An open plea to Ogier: please don't sign with Toyota!
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

  10. Likes: Fredouye (15th November 2019)
  11. #1308
    Armchair General Mirek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Prague / Eastern Bohemia
    Posts
    20,621
    Like
    6,194
    Liked 8,224 Times in 3,366 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    You’re once again forgetting that the WRC is competitng for manus with other series. If other series marketing value can match the WRC marketing value, how on earth aren’t each series overall costs important for a manu to decide where to invest?
    You answered yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    If other series marketing value can match the WRC marketing value...
    1) You don't know what marketing value each series has for each manufacturer. Only they know.
    2) If the series marketing value is low the first thing you shall do is not to think how to decrease the cost but how to increase the value because the value is what the manufacturers are searching for. They don't seek a cheap series which is basically useless for them.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

  12. #1309
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    855
    Like
    0
    Liked 497 Times in 259 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    No. The cost is relative. You can never compare cost alone. You can compare it only if you know what you get for your money and that is what we don't know - but the manufacturers do and they can decide what is worth it.

    This situation when manufacturers are leaving or getting involved don't tell you anything about the absolute cost. It tells you about the ratio between the cost and the value. As I wrote in the other thread the good product is never too expensive - in a simpler words if you offer a lot of value you can ask a lot of money for that and the customer will pay. That's why you can never speak only about cost without discussing the value.
    The thing is that the wrc keeps its marketing value, even when the cars would be only halve as expensive.

    When you limit costs, manufacturers, who want to win will still put in as much as they think is it worth, but smaller teams like m-sport have a bigger chance of keeping up.

  13. #1310
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,444
    Like
    5
    Liked 865 Times in 469 Posts
    No, because in the end, those 0.x seconds that makes one faster than the other one, cost the same..., maybe even more, because of the limitations.

  14. Likes: pantealex (16th November 2019)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •