Page 55 of 168 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    He has how many years left in the contract?
    He signed last year for 3 years more (until the end of 21).

Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    just thinking loudly....
    because also for me is hard to believe thats is about money,maybe Tanak asked to run the yaris r5 program for customers with MM sport and Tommi denied?
    Maybe Adamo willing to give MM sport this r5 multi million programm to MM sport?
    Probably we’ll only know in the next Tanak movie…
    Rally addict since 1982

2. Likes: cali (28th October 2019)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    And not only these three...
    spill the beans AnttiL

Liked 1,446 Times in 828 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Sordo has (just like last year) only driven rallies that suit him, always with road position advantage on gravel. But yes he was consistent on those, much better than last year where he crashed twice.

Anyway I find it really strange that you consider Loeb "consistent" with Hyundai. From 6 starts he only scored manu points in 2 rallies and took a single podium. His tarmac results were terrible, just like his speed in Sweden and in Portugal he even crashed out with nothing to push for after a weekend with no pace. Compared to the 3 starts with C3 in 2018 I'd consider his 2019 season a disaster.
    Loeb was on vacation mode this rally in my mind......he and Daniel came to enjoy themselves whatever the result may be....He never got to grips with the car, and IMHO this weekend in Catalunya he didn't seem to be too bothered with his lack of pace. He knows he's already proven himself here some 12 months ago...so he (Quite cleverly) decided to push as much as he could on Friday, and then when he saw he couldn't match the front runners, he decided to take it easy....now both he & Elena are celebrating Neuville's win without much care in the world, rightfully so, knowing they won't go down under.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Dim, I actually wanted to write also that maybe this deal includes MM Motorsport running R5 programme instead of Sainteloc. As you know Katsuta no longer drives R5 cars.
    I think this deal is more complicated than we think.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Loeb was on vacation mode this rally in my mind......he and Daniel came to enjoy themselves whatever the result may be....He never got to grips with the car, and IMHO this weekend in Catalunya he didn't seem to be too bothered with his lack of pace. He knows he's already proven himself here some 12 months ago...so he (Quite cleverly) decided to push as much as he could on Friday, and then when he saw he couldn't match the front runners, he decided to take it easy....now both he & Elena are celebrating Neuville's win without much care in the world, rightfully so, knowing they won't go down under.
    Huh, he seemed pissed on just about every tarmac stage end. Re-play the alllive endings and/or read the comments.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    I think this deal is more complicated than we think.
    more complicated= much more millions than Tanaks yearly salary,so yes its very complicated who will earn all these millions for decades of cars,and for plenty of years ahead.

8. Likes: cali (27th October 2019),pantealex (28th October 2019)
    Liked 1,446 Times in 828 Posts
    Huh, he seemed pissed on just about every tarmac stage end. Re-play the alllive endings and/or read the comments.
    Anyway you look at it, he hasn't been close to delivering the goods this season, and in this rally, he let Ott through just like that,of course Ott was on a mission but even Latvala was into single figures behind him and I reckon another stage and Loeb would have finished 5th...
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 43 Times in 25 Posts
    How do you know Toyota has endless budget, are you really sure they offered Tanak what he deserves?

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    I mentioned early this year about Japanase mentality and how they work on an honor basis. It could just come down to stubborn Japanese mentality. They expect everyone to be loyal, but obviously the rest of the world does now work this way. I'm not sure the rumor is true or not but I've done business in Japan and they have a very systematic and traditional method of doing business. They even use pen and paper to record things as opposed to computers. As advanced as they are they do some weird things and have some old school traditional beliefs...

12. Likes: janvanvurpa (28th October 2019),pantealex (28th October 2019),stefanvv (29th October 2019)
    Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Neuville said in two different interviews this weekend how he has always been faster than his teammates in Hyundai and he is kind of right. Obviously he wasn't faster every single rally, but over multiple rallies it's true.

Remember how people expected Loeb to dominate over Neuville after start of this season, similarly after the 3 rallies he did in 2017 it was expected that Mikkelsen would be fighting with Neuville for n1 position. Before that it was Paddon who had same speed with Neuville in 2016 and then just struggled since.
    People seem to forget that loeb is old, and nobody beats time.
    Old people get slower, but more importantly they have problems adjusting to new situations. The older you get, the more difficult it becomes to drive around problems like a bad setup.

I'm sure the 2004 loeb would have won this rally in whatever car available. But the 2019 loeb will only win in a car that fits his driving style perfectly. And apparently the citroen still fits his driving, but the hyundai doesn't.

I suspect that in the right car loeb could still fight for the title.

14. Likes: KKS (1st November 2019),steve.mandzij (28th October 2019),WRC1 (28th October 2019)