Page 52 of 168 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    The post even press conf is on RACC website:
    http://www.rallyracc.com/2019/en/nota.html?id=nota14#en

The only mention is this:

Q:
    Thierry, congratulations on winning here in Spain. You know that you had to win to try and keep the Drivers’ title hopes alive. The Drivers’ title has gone and the Manufacturers’ title remains? How are you feeling?
    TN:
    Yes, first of all I would like to say congratulations to our two new World Champions. Obviously we have been fighting all year and Ott and Martin have been very strong, so congratulations to them on their first title. It will not be so easy for them next year…

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    That is something all would say, promising to fight back...

3. Likes: cali (27th October 2019)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    That is something all would say, promising to fight back...
    Yes and no. When asked about getting Tanak as teammate earlier during the weekend Neuville said he would prefer it cause he has "always been faster than his teammates" no matter who they were.

Liked 839 Times in 406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ggg377 View Post
    I totally agree. In my opinion Evans is the most obvious challenger to the current top 3 drivers and Mikkelsen has been underrated for so long. Mikkelsen is still sitting at the #4 position in the driver's championship and he hasn't even done every rally unlike many who are behind him. He has delivered Hyundai a lot of team points, which allow their current comfortable lead in the constructor's championship. And yet he keeps getting flack, perhaps more than any other driver. Toyota with Tänak/Mikkelsen or Tänak/Evans would be a devilish combo, but one can dream.
    Evans is very good but rather inconsistent, and while at times he's pulled out incredible performances he's not been able to maintain them for too long. Best of the rest for me, no doubt, is Sordo this year, then maybe Evans and even then I'd consider it a toss up between Loeb and Mikkelsen. The rest are horribly inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Yes and no. When asked about getting Tanak as teammate earlier during the weekend Neuville said he would prefer it cause he has "always been faster than his teammates" no matter who they were.
    And not only that, but bar Sordo who's been exceptionally quick this year all of Neuville's teammates have, at one point or another, struggled with setup for the i20. If Tanak does indeed go to Hyundai there's no guarantee he'll do as well as he's doing now in a car made specifically for him.

Liked 48 Times in 21 Posts
    Dont forget that Toyota wasnt made for Tänak and he had pace from the beginning of the first event with it.

7. Likes: janvanvurpa (28th October 2019)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    Evans is very good but rather inconsistent, and while at times he's pulled out incredible performances he's not been able to maintain them for too long. Best of the rest for me, no doubt, is Sordo this year, then maybe Evans and even then I'd consider it a toss up between Loeb and Mikkelsen. The rest are horribly inconsistent.

And not only that, but bar Sordo who's been exceptionally quick this year all of Neuville's teammates have, at one point or another, struggled with setup for the i20. If Tanak does indeed go to Hyundai there's no guarantee he'll do as well as he's doing now in a car made specifically for him.
    As long as they let him setup and work with the car I do not see a problem. Same story applied to Toyota and he was fast right out of box beating his teammates. I do not see this as a problem, rather than then the atmosphere in the team with Neuville could be poisonous.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cali; 27th October 2019 at 19:46.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    so at some hours we will have the answer.

Quoted at Hyundai next year, Tänak has not cut short rumors. "All possibilities are open, I hope to make a decision for next season on Monday or Tuesday."

https://www.rtbf.be/sport/moteurs/ra...ve?id=10352231

Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    Best of the rest for me, no doubt, is Sordo this year, then maybe Evans and even then I'd consider it a toss up between Loeb and Mikkelsen. The rest are horribly inconsistent.
    Sordo has (just like last year) only driven rallies that suit him, always with road position advantage on gravel. But yes he was consistent on those, much better than last year where he crashed twice.

Anyway I find it really strange that you consider Loeb "consistent" with Hyundai. From 6 starts he only scored manu points in 2 rallies and took a single podium. His tarmac results were terrible, just like his speed in Sweden and in Portugal he even crashed out with nothing to push for after a weekend with no pace. Compared to the 3 starts with C3 in 2018 I'd consider his 2019 season a disaster.
    Last edited by mknight; 27th October 2019 at 19:46.

Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    so at some hours we will have the answer.

Quoted at Hyundai next year, Tänak has not cut short rumors. "All possibilities are open, I hope to make a decision for next season on Monday or Tuesday."

https://www.rtbf.be/sport/moteurs/ra...ve?id=10352231
    It is entirely possible that the whole story is a deliberate "release" by Martin to put extra pressure on Tommi. Judging by Tommi's face/interviews during the weekend it worked perfectly.

12. Likes: cali (27th October 2019),pantealex (28th October 2019)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    It is entirely possible that the whole story is a deliberate "release" by Martin to put extra pressure on Tommi. Judging by Tommi's face/interviews during the weekend it worked perfectly.
    After this huuge win Tommi's face was so sour...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk