Page 22 of 168 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    You just have to listen to Makinen's quotes, and forget about the text/ speculation/ rumours around them (whether that's D.Evans or a Finnish/ Estonian reporter giving us their view).

I think Makinen just rambles on and what he says initially is him speaking his mind, but then for the following week after that he's in damage control mode as he realises what he's said could impact his current drivers form/mentality for the rest of the season.

I know he struggles with English but he does speak too openly at times, and he has done repeatedly about Latvala and his deficiencies for a while. I like how he's open and honest, but from a teams POV I do think he should maybe have someone on hand who's more media savvy to at least help control his mouth a little or give him a few pointers. Whenever I see a Tommi interview or he's on WRC+ I'm waiting for a few telling quotes as he simply can't help himself

To say Tanak, Meeke and Kalle is the "dream" for next year - even if said in a jokey way - is potentially really detrimental to his own teams chances for the last two events. I mean how is Jari (who is already in a bad place) going to react to that?
    He isn't baby and can do his job properly, does he? Probably it's no secret for him Makinen's attitude for him either, not for the last few days anyway. On the other hand Makinen's "honesty" is spicing the wrc circus, it could be well playing with the media.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    He isn't baby and can do his job properly, does he? Probably it's no secret for him Makinen's attitude for him either, not for the last few days anyway. On the other hand Makinen's "honesty" is spicing the wrc circus, it could be well playing with the media.
    Ofcourse he can do his overall job properly, which is building and managing a team to compete for both titles.

But he clearly gets himself in difficulty by running his mouth, as he's come out twice now since the weekend trying to deny/ play down actual quotes he's made to the press (first the Estonian media/ and 2nd to David Evans).

As I was saying, it's good for us and silly season, but perhaps not the best for Jari to hear (who is one of the most fragile drivers mentally the wrc has ever seen). Tommi needs him for the last two events at least.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Tänak-Meeke-Rovanpera looks rather risky when it comes to manu points though and imo it's not very good idea to put Rovanpera under pressure to score manu points in first year either.

4. Likes: er88 (9th October 2019),pantealex (10th October 2019),RS (10th October 2019)
    Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Tänak-Meeke-Rovanpera looks rather risky when it comes to manu points though and imo it's not very good idea to put Rovanpera under pressure to score manu points in first year either.
    I agree, Toyota should put him in a 4th car for 10 or so rounds (and let Katsuta do 3/4 events including Japan). They can afford to do it, and the Japanese would get to keep Latvala in the team for another year and let Kalle develop without pressure.

6. Likes: Rally Hokkaido (10th October 2019),RS (10th October 2019),Sulland (10th October 2019)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    So many of you think that Kalle is only new driver joining Toyota ?
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 232 Times in 101 Posts
    Not unless it's stated as a fact by Mäkinen that someone is indeed leaving the team

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    I had been saying for last 4 months or so that I think Evans will go to Toyota. Just guessing thought.

Liked 12,167 Times in 5,219 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    I had been saying for last 4 months or so that I think Evans will go to Toyota. Just guessing thought.
    i HOPE the same.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

11. Likes: pantealex (10th October 2019)
    Liked 793 Times in 377 Posts
    Lots of drivers are free of contracts, and most of them would be happy with a seat in the yaris i presume.

Mads Østberg says he is talking to several teams , his plan was to develop the C3 R5 this season and then back to WRC in 2020, maybe some plans of mixed R5 and WRC next year, as i understand.

Is it Citröen, with 3 cars in 2020?
    Toyota with new R5 and some WRC?
    Hyundai, with develop the R5 and the 3 gravelrallies noone want to do?
    Ford?

Lets say Tänak stays in Toyota, Meeke 2.driver, Katsuta and Rovanpäre share the 3rd car, or those 2 in a juniorteam and Østberg in the 3rd maincar? Or Mikkelsen? Or Evans? Or Latvala?

Hyundai, they need a decent development driver, both to the R5 but definately the WRC. Weird Loeb can't get the I20 decent, maybe they need a new car with a different philosophy? Its "built" to Neuville, but thats clearly don't work, neighter to him or the others.
    Is it arrogant engineers in Hyundai, like in Subaru, or is Neuville really bad to develop cars? Tip to Adamo: use Loeb and Sordo as much you can, Neuville will never be WDC as it is now.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

13. Likes: WRC1 (10th October 2019)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    Is it Citröen, with 3 cars in 2020?
    Toyota with new R5 and some WRC?
    Hyundai, with develop the R5 and the 3 gravelrallies noone want to do?
    Ford?

Lets say Tänak stays in Toyota, Meeke 2.driver, Katsuta and Rovanpäre share the 3rd car, or those 2 in a juniorteam and Østberg in the 3rd maincar? Or Mikkelsen? Or Evans? Or Latvala?
    I think there has been strong rumors about Citroen continuing with two cars in 2020. Toyota already has Hänninen for the R5 development (that was even confirmed by Mäkinen himself) and according to Grönholm Hyundai no longer has any development plans for their R5.

Another thing that has been confirmed by Mäkinen is that Katsuta won't be driving any of the three "main-TGR" cars.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

15. Likes: AnttiL (10th October 2019),tomhlord (10th October 2019)