Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
Eight WRC cars would be bad now. Just because it’s been worse in the past, doesn’t mean it’s in a good place now.
Rally is definitely the best motorsport for me, I just would love to see a stacked field and I can’t see anything improving any time soon.
Why can’t I desire for there to be more entries, to make it a more exciting spectacle?
It was good (for the most part) in the 90’s / 2000’s so why not again?
To say that is a battle we will always lose probably goes against the thinking of the majority of fans and certainly the current manufacturers and promoters.
I’d be very surprised if I was the only one thinking the current status is acceptable.
Hate to say it, but look at F1... even with Mercedes potentially pulling out and a few other teams always blowing hit and cold, it looks like the majority are going to commit to the next set of regulations and with this comes sustainability and therefore commitment and interest from others joining the series.
Right now, rallying looks secure for one, maybe two seasons at the most (in terms of manufacturer commitment) and I desperately hope they find a way of changing this and getting it back to a healthy position again.
Ofcourse everybody fancies (or I'd be surprised if some didn't) about more entries and more manufacturers. That's a no-brainer. My point was, that amongst the different eras of World Rallying, having eight factory-entered cars in every round of the championship is not that bad. As said, we've seen better, we've seen worse.

Then again, that was always the risk with these current super cars that the number of top level entries would be somewhat limited.