Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Oliver Solberg

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    (it never broke under Huttunen)
    You mean this year. It used to break every 1-2 stages in 2018.

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by br21 View Post
    Hyundai is not worse than Fabia or Polo. And Gryazins speed is another reason.
    Hey br21, can you share a light about Gryazin's speed this year?
    For me it seems like in a Fabia and Polo drivers seem more comfortable and confident. The i20 needs to be handled with a care, but hey what do I know, it's just my perception.

Anyway I'm glad to see Oliver in the fight next year with a Hyundai and he seems to have huge amount of potential. My favourite young gun for sure!

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    You mean this year. It used to break every 1-2 stages in 2018.
    Yeah, I was talking about this year. Before this year we really didn't see anyone making good results with the i20 R5. I remember Huttunen started a technical gravel rally and said to Finnish media something like the radiator will break if he tries to push at all.

Liked 1,176 Times in 389 Posts
    Hyundai is really good car, some recent upgrades made it really competitive and engine is still best from the category.
    Gryazin before 2020 was testing/driving more than any other driver (incl. WRC ones), etc... but that's Oliver Solberg topic.

5. Likes: cali (18th December 2020),dimviii (18th December 2020),EstWRC (18th December 2020),pantealex (19th December 2020),Rallyper (19th December 2020),TWRC (21st December 2020)
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Last edited by Sulland; 23rd December 2020 at 15:44.

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    How can he cope with coming to a team where not everybody is speaking his same language – how does he cope with going to the empty hotel room and being on his own every night? It’s a different movie for him now.

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/why-o...at-comes-next/

Liked 2,841 Times in 1,614 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    That´s some crazy thing. Just imagine yourself being in that position. I´d love it!!!

Congrats Oliver!
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

9. Likes: dimviii (23rd December 2020)
    Liked 2,841 Times in 1,614 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    How can he cope with coming to a team where not everybody is speaking his same language – how does he cope with going to the empty hotel room and being on his own every night? It’s a different movie for him now.

Well, one thing is for sure. He will not be left alone on hotels as one Beth Harmon, if they suggest that. I guess he will be surrounded by some family stuff for quite a bit of time.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

11. Likes: pantealex (28th December 2020)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    The interesting information is that Adamo talks about Huttunen being involved maybe even as much as Solberg and Veiby in WRC2.

Other than that I don't trust Adamo on anything about future.
    While he certainly has introduced more entertainment in WRC he has shown he makes snaps decisions on a whim, treats drivers differently depending on whom he "trusts" (his own words), and changes his mind about approach just about every 2 rallies from one extreme to the other. One rally he tells drivers to have faith and believe and criticizes them for complaining about car, next rally he praises drivers that did so well with "not so good" car and a few rallies later runs 5 hour meetings for listening to their comments (after Mexico this year, again his own words). Latest is how he in Sardinia boasted about micro-managing Sordos pace, then in Monza says that drivers know what to do and he is not their mother.

Note how in the interview he already talks about putting them under some pressure, before Solberg ran a single km. Not exactly something Tommi would do openly. Hope Solbergs contract is pretty waterproof on the number of starts in the two years.

13. Likes: AnttiL (23rd December 2020),Sulland (23rd December 2020)
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post

What nationalities are in the Hyundai team, they are not all germans I guess. And the working language is english, and as we know, ALL Solbergs are almost native speakers when it comes to english ;-)

Oliver is quite good in english, he also speak french, and is dual in Norwegian/Swedish.
    He will charm the whole team, is my guess!

15. Likes: Rallyper (24th December 2020),Tussi (7th January 2021)