Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: Oliver Solberg

Liked 38 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    That's his style.
    Yep, he used that style also with former generation cars.

2. Likes: cali (29th December 2022)
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Signs of a non functioning team;

- No Teamboss
    - A substitute boss with little to no authority
    - A driver with a wannabe teamboss feeling in his belly
    - No sharing of data btw drivers
    - A pissed off world champion, that can not get a car that behaves as he wants.
    - A junior driver that was pushed to much to soon.

Does not sound like a recipee for success!

4. Likes: AndyRAC (12th January 2023),cali (30th December 2022),J4MIE (29th December 2022),pettersolberg29 (12th January 2023),Rallyper (30th December 2022)
    Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    If your confidence is damaged to a degree that it hurts your speed and reliability as we saw last year... what is he going to do when fighting for a championship, maybe against a teammate? He needs to be mentally stronger.
    In circuit racing a teammate can truly hinder you by driving dirty around you, pushing you off the track etc, but in rallying? Saying "the car doesn't fit me" is a good reason for bad results, saying "my teammate is mean to me" is not good enough.
    Surely the mental game is part of what happens when you develop as a driver with time?

Or are you saying you already need to be completely 100% confident and not let *anything* affect you *at all* in your first proper year as a full works driver in a team that is acting haphazardly at best with a poor car? Because that is completely unrealistic, maybe unless you are Loeb or Ogier.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 844 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE View Post
    Surely the mental game is part of what happens when you develop as a driver with time?

Or are you saying you already need to be completely 100% confident and not let *anything* affect you *at all* in your first proper year as a full works driver in a team that is acting haphazardly at best with a poor car? Because that is completely unrealistic, maybe unless you are Loeb or Ogier.
    To me what puts pressure on a driver is when there's a team who demands a certain level of results, or even more, when a driver is in a fight for a podium, a rally or a championship. I can only imagine the amount of stress when you're about to start a decisive stage!
    But a teammate being "mean" to you? Sure, not nice, but what is he going to do? He can't hinder you on a stage. Release interviews talking bad about you? I only recall Monte, in which Neuville said Oliver should have tried to keep going despite the problems.
    I don't know how much Oliver blames his performance on himself or on the car or on his teammate, but this seems waaay out of proportion.

Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE View Post

Or Rovanpera. He is truly a freak to have the confidence and mental strength to be at the top level at such a young age. Remember the next youngest Champion was McRae - at 5 years older !

So J4MIE is correct about young Solberg, you need to cut him some slack and not expect him to be at the top level in any way yet.

8. Likes: J4MIE (30th December 2022)
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrial View Post

So J4MIE is correct about young Solberg, you need to cut him some slack and not expect him to be at the top level in any way yet.
    nobody asked from Oliver to be at ''top level''
    the problem was that he was below average at most rallies.

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    nobody asked from Oliver to be at ''top level''
    the problem was that he was below average at most rallies.
    Sorry.
    Disagree.
    By the fans and us guys on certain forums we thought and hoped he would be at top level. Else we don´t know a thing about expectations on him, I´d say.
    Below average? How do you measure that? If average is Fourmaux and Loubet, he beat them in the overall standings not driving all rounds...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

11. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (31st December 2022),J4MIE (30th December 2022),skarderud (30th December 2022),the sniper (31st December 2022)
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts

Liked 403 Times in 251 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    Anyone got an image for those of us not on facebook? I’d need to log in to see anything past the homepage

Edit: found it on twitter:

https://twitter.com/OliverSolberg01/...C-pbKto-QsAAAA

The livery was actually designed by a guy who goes by the name Sims Racing on youtube/reddit etc. He created the livery to showcase the Fabia RS Rally2 mod for Assetto Corsa.

When I put it to him that I assumed it was Solberg’s livery for this year he responded “I guess he’ll have the same livery as Lindholm and Gryazin but with a black bonnet which has Monster Energy on it”. Good to see Solberg has decided to use the livery for real!
    Last edited by HKSjbg; 12th January 2023 at 13:04.

14. Likes: Sulland (12th January 2023)
    Liked 290 Times in 108 Posts
    Petter again present at test Oliver test... no independece whatsoever