Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast

Thread: Oliver Solberg

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    How many of those are 'Red Bull A-list' though? I get the impression that not all Red Bull athletes are in the same boat... You have the likes of Loeb, who I imagine is funded out of a kind of 'Central Bank of Red Bull', whereas at the other end you've got your Katsuta's or Evans, who I imagine are more on pocket money deals by comparison, dished out by the equivalent of a 'Red Bull regional development fund'.

If Oliver were to be offered a big money, multi year deal from the 'Central Bank of Red Bull', it'd probably be worth switching. If it's a standard 'Red Bull Athlete' association, he's presumably much better off trying to work with Monster. As much as I like Oliver, I see no reason to believe he'd be getting offered the former big deal at this point in his career.
    I think you're right; not all are equal - some RB athletes are backed by each country's 'importer' - others by the main RB house. There is a list on the RB website of athletes. As somebody who follows MTB, there's a large number of them in that sport. Similarly, in MXGP, which is a Monster Energy sponsored series.

It's unusual for athletes to switch between the big two; from memory Jonathan Rea was a RB athlete back in BSB, but there was a big gap between getting ME backing. I can't see Oliver switching at all; he's their main guy in the WRC, and even went over to the USA last month. It's not something I see happening.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

2. Likes: the sniper (16th December 2022)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Against...Rossel in a Citroen, maybe Suninen in a Hyundai, who else?
    Kajto + MSport drivers Formaux and Munster in some rallies, hopely some others too, Spanish? Marczyk?
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 58 Times in 31 Posts
    https://bit.ly/UNLEASHEDpodcast Monster Energy Podcast with the Solberg's.

Liked 38 Times in 19 Posts
    Basically said that Tänak was a cool guy and Neuville was a cruel team member, who pushed him down from the beginning. Harsh words to say in public.

6. Likes: cali (28th December 2022),dimviii (28th December 2022),Eli (28th December 2022),EstWRC (28th December 2022),J4MIE (28th December 2022),skarderud (28th December 2022),steve.mandzij (29th December 2022),Sulland (28th December 2022)
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Can't wait for Cyril to start to be team principal. They should do some Drive to survive or Hyundai team documentary next year.

8. Likes: Eli (28th December 2022),EstWRC (28th December 2022),skarderud (28th December 2022)
    Liked 798 Times in 380 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrial View Post
    Basically said that Tänak was a cool guy and Neuville was a cruel team member, who pushed him down from the beginning. Harsh words to say in public.
    Why i'm not surprised....

Sent fra min SM-S901B via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrial View Post
    so for his bad pace through the year ,Neuville was the reason?
    i would be in ''silenced mode'' in his position,and i would focus in my driving and how i will progress.
    Its unbelievable that he keeps mentioning Neuville/Hyundai with this attitude.
    Petter must protect him,but i dont see that...
    Last edited by dimviii; 28th December 2022 at 19:35.

11. Likes: becher (29th December 2022),focus206 (28th December 2022),J4MIE (28th December 2022),steve.mandzij (29th December 2022)
    Liked 844 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    so for his bad pace through the year ,Neuville was the reason?
    i would be in ''silenced mode'' in his position,and i would focus in my driving and how i will progress.
    Its unbelievable that he keeps mentioning Neuville/Hyundai with this attitude.
    Petter must protect him,but i dont see that...
    I'm curious to see how Oliver will do this season, I want to see how he'll react in the face of adversities, if he'll search for excuses etc.
    I wish him the best, but ultimately a teammate you don't get along with can't do much to affect your results. In the car it's just you and your codriver vs the clock.

Liked 58 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    I'm curious to see how Oliver will do this season, I want to see how he'll react in the face of adversities, if he'll search for excuses etc.
    I wish him the best, but ultimately a teammate you don't get along with can't do much to affect your results. In the car it's just you and your codriver vs the clock.
    I agree with the first part of your post, but in most teams they have a lead driver who dictates the spec of the car to suit his driving style, the other drivers in the team have to try to adapt the driving style to suit the car,. Some drivers find it easier than others as it does not come natural , A car that understeers , or oversteers , they have very limited scope to adapt the Settings to change things to suit themselves. So that has a massive effect on any driver on a event if the car does not suit them.

14. Likes: pettersolberg29 (12th January 2023)
    Liked 82 Times in 58 Posts
    So the i20's setting was based on Neuville's preference? No way to change the setup for Ott? Hyundai listened more Thierry that a former world champion?
    Seems to me a bit strange...

16. Likes: cali (29th December 2022)