Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Oliver Solberg

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    I think you are very nonchalant in your speculations. Hypothetics in its worst form. Just stop. Admit he did a great job. Let´s see what comes next and let us not get more of your very nonsense here.

You can return the day your speculations are prooved.
    Clearly you are unable to discuss anything related to Oliver Solberg without getting into crazy fanboy level of protectiveness.

I wrote he did very well immediately in the first post and discussing what might be the best way forward. You manage to turn everything into his criticism without even reading it properly, even things that mention what what was good for him.

The last two sentences of yours are truly epic "shut up talking about him". "Discussion" forum in the best form.

Liked 2,084 Times in 899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    You have quite short memory. This is Pontus's first WRC start: https://www.ewrc-results.com/entryin...n-2013/244702/
    Yesyes. You found one rally in 2013 that was one off.. and 8y ago was really just like yesterday..
    Otherwise he hasn't been/shown any real speed in top class.
    More than sure that Solberg won't keep driving with R5 for next 2-3 years. There's no point to do that.

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    Yesyes. You found one rally in 2013 that was one off.. and 8y ago was really just like yesterday..
    Otherwise he hasn't been/shown any real speed in top class.
    More than sure that Solberg won't keep driving with R5 for next 2-3 years. There's no point to do that.
    I though you compare them when they started because the first WRC event went actually nearly same for both (bar the engine failure of Tidemand's car).
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

4. Likes: skarderud (1st March 2021)
    Liked 661 Times in 290 Posts
    Who else noticed logo just above visor on Seb Marshall's helmet ?
    https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan adding a fans perspective to Twitter

Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Clearly you are unable to discuss anything related to Oliver Solberg without getting into crazy fanboy level of protectiveness.

I wrote he did very well immediately in the first post and discussing what might be the best way forward. You manage to turn everything into his criticism without even reading it properly, even things that mention what what was good for him.

The last two sentences of yours are truly epic "shut up talking about him". "Discussion" forum in the best form.
    I´m sorry for being a bit harsh.

However I still don´t like your hypothetical theories about what he´d done IF he drove WRC2 class instead. That´s ridicoulus. It is like you don´t really can fully admit his performance.

And yes, it´s very nice having Oliver in the WRC circus as a Swede. But more is what he contributes for the whole rallying world. No matter from where he is.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    One thing we should not forget is that this was a new rally for almost all drivers except kalle and oliver. With kalle driving it basically one month ago.

Still an impressive debut, but i'm not sure he would have lost only 1:39 when all drivers would have had the same road knowledge.

Let's see what the future brings.

Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiWRCfan View Post
    Who else noticed logo just above visor on Seb Marshall's helmet ?
    What logo?

Liked 400 Times in 266 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    One thing we should not forget is that this was a new rally for almost all drivers except kalle and oliver. With kalle driving it basically one month ago.

Still an impressive debut, but i'm not sure he would have lost only 1:39 when all drivers would have had the same road knowledge.

Let's see what the future brings.
    I think it was Oliver driving in Rovaniemi one month ago, instead of Kalle.

10. Likes: pantealex (2nd March 2021)
    Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    His first rally in a full WRC car should negate any 'advantage' of driving in Lapland recently.

His driving was spectacular and reminded me of how the high-power WRX cars are driven (which he has also).

It's going to be great viewing if he gets some more top level drives with no pressure to be fastest and point-scoring.

12. Likes: pantealex (2nd March 2021),Rallyper (2nd March 2021)
    Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    Oliver said to parcferme.no that the road had changed so much since the national event that he didn't recognize himself and made brand new pace notes, also the WRC suits his driving style much more than the R5.
    Ogier had told Petter Oliver putting pressure on him is one of the reasons he went off, also told Oliver that he used to have the "edge" on Petter but not on him

Oliver had 150km of test before Artic, I'm sure Kalle had quite a bit more before MC 2020.
    I saw Oliver using the i20 WRC on RBR to get used to the speed, it feels really nice to drive so getting used to the speed and braking especially might have helped, who knows.
    Last edited by SubaruNorway; 1st March 2021 at 16:20.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

14. Likes: cali (1st March 2021),Maui J. (1st March 2021),Rallyper (2nd March 2021),TWRC (5th March 2021)