Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    No, he’s not. And I think that’s why RBR didn’t promote him into Toro Rosso straight away in 2017. He could have easily been in F1 earlier but RBR chose to stick with Kvyat before eventually replacing him with Pierre.
    Yea, if the point of making the change was to take the fight to Ferrari, on paper, Kyvat would have made more sense. He has more points in the Torro Rosso and has put the car on the podium. I think Albon is being burnt.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Yea, if the point of making the change was to take the fight to Ferrari, on paper, Kyvat would have made more sense. He has more points in the Torro Rosso and has put the car on the podium. I think Albon is being burnt.
    I think pride has a lot to do with it. The replacement of Kvyat in 2016 was lunacy promoting Max at that time. Kvyat, while not out qualifying Danny regularly, was just after a podium and leading Ricciardo in the points. Imagine if Kvyat were to go to RBR, I can imagine him being massively motivated to beat Max. If he was even within 2/3 tenths of a second of Max after a race or two, it’d make Helmut Marko look stupider than he has always looked in general.

So really, to fight Ferrari Kvyat would have been the perfect choice but boy would their faces have been red were Kvyat to beat him and, to be frank, with the right teammate I think Max is a very beatable driver. The switch was about saving face and evaluating Albon for next year. I don’t think they truly genuiney care about the Ferrari fight.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 27th August 2019 at 12:28.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I think pride has a lot to do with it. The replacement of Kvyat in 2016 was lunacy promoting Max at that time. Kvyat, while not out qualifying Danny regularly, was just after a podium and leading Ricciardo in the points. Imagine if Kvyat were to go to RBR, I can imagine him being massively motivated to beat Max. If he was even within 2/3 tenths of a second of Max after a race or two, it’d make Helmut Marko look stupider than he has always looked in general.

So really, to fight Ferrari Kvyat would have been the perfect choice but boy would their faces have been red were Kvyat to beat him and, to be frank, with the right teammate I think Max is a very beatable driver. The switch was about saving face and evaluating Albon for next year. I don’t think they truly genuiney care about the Ferrari fight.
    There is probably the case that Kyvat is a Ferrari driver now. He is not really in the Redbull programme anymore l think. I am not sure he has given up his reserve driver status with Ferrari either.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare