Page 56 of 90 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts
    So Meeke crashed out and Evans screwed his set-up this morning.

Glad I watched England beating NZ in the Rugby World Cup semi-final !

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    can't understand why Mads keeps and keeps driving with the C3R5.. only to get in the C3 WRC?
    I would ask the other way around; why is Citroen still supporting him? The C3 R5 keeps winning events in competitive national series and even in the ERC while Ostberg is still unable to feel at ease in it. Clearly, the C3 doesn’t suit his driving style but the way he’s showing his frustration makes people to wrongly blame the car or the brand (btw, although backed by Citroen, his program is run by a private Belgium team).
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KKS View Post
    at this time as tyre marks on surface seems that overjudge speed entry and go wide.
    But yes, could be wrong.
    170kph coming into a 4 left tightens on cold tyres, so easy to get wrong
    Last edited by SubaruNorway; 26th October 2019 at 13:03.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Sat 12:17 - Media Zone - Andrea Adamo
    "We have to see the bigger picture - of course Kris sadly crashed and now we have to manage it differently without taking too many risks. Our definition of risk is slightly different than a drivers' definition of risk! I guess in the last stage that Seb and Daniel were backing off a little bit too much but it's difficult. I am calm and relaxed!"

Sat 12:13 - Media Zone - Loeb
    "In the last stage, maybe I was a bit too cautious. I didn't want to make a mistake in the morning and Thierry is going very fast. The feeling with the car is good and the balance is nice: it's not bad, I'm in a better rhythm than I was in Monte Carlo."

Sat 12:11 - Media Zone - Sordo
    "When it is a little bit dirty I lose a lot of time and don't keep up the speed in these type of corners. On normal roads I am okay but in gravelly or muddy places I do not put enough speed in the corners. Of course I would like to finish 1-2-3 on the podium and after I saw Kris off the road I lost concentration a little bit. We have a little bit of pressure and I would prefer to have less work to do in Australia! I will keep pushing to put pressure on Ott."

Sat 12:08 - Media Zone - Neuville
    "Perfect morning for us - we had a good feeling and good speed. We are up to the position where we want and need to be. Obviously Tanak is going to try and chase Dani and us too. Hopefully my teammates will do job and we can afternoon as well."

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    I would ask the other way around; why is Citroen still supporting him? The C3 R5 keeps winning events in competitive national series and even in the ERC while Ostberg is still unable to feel at ease in it. Clearly, the C3 doesn’t suit his driving style but the way he’s showing his frustration makes people to wrongly blame the car or the brand (btw, although backed by Citroen, his program is run by a private Belgium team).
    He's actually pretty fast, especially on gravel so i don't know what all the whining is for. But Mads must be Mads.

6. Likes: skarderud (26th October 2019)
    Liked 12,210 Times in 5,242 Posts
    #Tyre info: Day 2 afternoon - SS10-SS13

All the @Michelin @OfficialWRC drivers with 5 MICHELIN Pilot Sport H5

#MichelinWRC #RallyRACC
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

8. Likes: dimviii (26th October 2019)
    Liked 582 Times in 177 Posts
    from Kris FB:

Hi everyone,

I knew that I had to put it on the line as Rally Catalunya moved from gravel to asphalt this morning; Seb Marshall and I had to try to do something about the Hyundais, because they were one-two-three overnight. And it looked promising after the opening stage of the day - but ultimately a small mistake has cost us very dearly and I’m back here in service for the rest of the day.

With the transition from gravel to tarmac, you’re always wondering what the car will feel like and how it matches up to the test, but on the opening stage this morning the rhythm was good. The TOYOTA GAZOO Racing WRC Yaris felt incredible, in fact - and our time was enough for us to get up to third overall and move a little closer to the rally lead.

But then on the second stage, not too far in, I braked for a fast left-hand bend that tightened. I knew the corner well, but the moment that I touched the middle pedal I locked the rear brakes. As soon as that happens you lose some metres of braking, so I didn’t make the corner. I touched the barrier with the rear of the car and that was it: game over.

I’m annoyed, frustrated and gutted for the team. It would have been nice to have been in the thick of that fight, with beautiful weather and lovely asphalt stages. But unfortunately it wasn’t to be.

Let’s see about tomorrow. We have to see what the situation is with Ott and the driver’s championship, how that develops between now and the PowerStage. He may need as many points as possible from that stage, so it may be a situation where we don’t have to push. We’ll just see how today develops and gauge the lie of the land tomorrow morning.

Thanks, as always, for your support,

Kris

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    I would generally say that Mads uses the car much more than the village people driving ERC ooops... now I sounded like NOT, but still. You have to understand the difference in taking out maximum in the C3R5 just don´t work. But works in ERC.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

11. Likes: KKS (26th October 2019),skarderud (26th October 2019)
    Liked 810 Times in 426 Posts
    I think Lukyanuk has given C3R5 a good beating.

13. Likes: Munkvy (26th October 2019),WRC1 (26th October 2019)
    Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts
    Doesnt sound like Ogier's going anywhere different next year...

"My feeling in the car is better than the last time we raced on tarmac so there's some positive. I'm happy to confirm with the times that the tests went in the right direction. The next car is a couple of minutes in front, so we'll probably use the afternoon to do some more work"