Page 9 of 90 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Liked 12,172 Times in 5,220 Posts
    yeah AnttiL, im always looking from there, thats what i meant when i said i looked the stage regions.

Anyway, the long awaited rally week has finally arrived. If we look back at 2017 and 2018, then Citroen has been the winner both times. So in that sense they should be the favourites, but we know it isnt as easy as that, especially with their recent struggles on tarmac. But Ogier and Lappi both sound quite upbeat and say they found something on the tests.

Out of the TOP3, Ogier has had the best record the last 2 years, 2nd in 2017 and also 2nd in 2018. Although last year he was only 7th!!! after the first day and 39 secs down off Tänak. Also he has won this rally 3 times with the previous gen cars.
    Neuville was 4th last year and retired in 2017 on final day. TBH if we look at his past results then it really isnt his strongest event.
    Tänak was 3rd in 2017 and 6th last year but was leading before the puncture dropped him to 6th.

So, if we look at the records and if Citroen indeed has found something, then Ogier should be very very strong this weekend. But this is all speculative. It will be interesting to see the tacktics, i think Ott will be driving the first stages to his own pace and he will see what Ogier and Neuville are doing. Ogier and Neuville must anyway go flat-out right from the start. The rain should help the frontrunners, they wont have so much loose stuff as with the dry.

Evans showed amazing speed in Wales and i think he is the dark horse here. He has great starting position for Friday and he is very strong on tarmac, was 3rd last year on this rally.
    Same story with Sordo basically.
    Meeke has won this event so he knows what to do.
    Loeb is back and won it last year and has won it multiple times.

So all in all, it seems to me we will have hell of a weekend
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

2. Likes: AnttiL (21st October 2019),dimviii (21st October 2019),Micke_VOC (23rd October 2019),Rallyper (22nd October 2019),satukata (22nd October 2019)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Sordo and Loeb can easily lead after Friday, only problem can be if stages don't dry fast enough. Hyundai's (and especially Loeb's) performance on dry tarmac is a big uncertainty though.

I expect Evans to be the fastest on dry tarmac and should be able to win the rally if he doesn't loose too much on friday.

Toyota's will be somewhere in the middle. I expect Tanak will take it a bit easier with cutting.
    Ogier is a huge uncertainty, all depending on what changes are done to the car.

Liked 1,446 Times in 828 Posts
    Don't think Loeb will be as fast as some people think, if you remember in Corsica, he has struggled to get to grips with the car, sure him smacking the suspension on the very first stage didn't help, but the i20 is a totally different package to what he drove all these years with Citroen. if anyone from the Hyundai camp has a chance to claim a win it's Sordo, he has come second countless times on this event and even showed us back in 2016 he's no slouch on those Friday gravel stages. As for Neuville, I would honestly just settle for a podium, as his first WDC chances are next to none...and it's really important for Hyundai to get that first manufacturer title.

As for Ogier & Citroen, I sincerely hope they found something in those tests that will at least give him the tools to challenge Tanak, but the way I see it, it's now Tanak's championship to lose. Hopefully I'm wrong and it will go down to the wire down under, but in all honesty, Tanak does deserve this title, he has been the most consistent of challengers this year, and with having 6 wins, it really does cast your mind back to Ogier's years with VW.
    In any case, we have a fascinating weekend in prospect.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

5. Likes: EstWRC (21st October 2019)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Evans is used to the wet and should do well. It rained here in Salou yesterday but has been fine today. The sun was out this afternoon. Pob lwc Elvin

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Guys I have a question. How can I download stage maps from rally-maps.com or any other credible source to my phone?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Liked 1,587 Times in 720 Posts
    I have also question, a bit related to previous one, how good/bad is internet connection near stages? Should I prepare to stay offline or is there good internet power and I could carry battery-pack to watch AllLive?

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Guys I have a question. How can I download stage maps from rally-maps.com or any other credible source to my phone?

Not possible from rally-maps.com. Does this Google Earth link from Planetemarcus help? http://planetemarcus.com/wordpress/w...i-Dusart_2.zip

10. Likes: cali (21st October 2019)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Not possible from rally-maps.com. Does this Google Earth link from Planetemarcus help? http://planetemarcus.com/wordpress/w...i-Dusart_2.zip
    Thanks Antti, much appreciated! That's exactly what I was looking for.

Last edited by cali; 21st October 2019 at 20:25.

12. Likes: AnttiL (21st October 2019)
    Liked 12,172 Times in 5,220 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    I have also question, a bit related to previous one, how good/bad is internet connection near stages? Should I prepare to stay offline or is there good internet power and I could carry battery-pack to watch AllLive?
    Prepare to stay offline. At least this was the case with us in 2017 at the places where we were. For a long time we didn’t know the results at all because they don’t have radio either like in Estonia or Finland.

So I went the old school way and took time with my stopper. Found out later I was pretty spot on
    Last edited by EstWRC; 21st October 2019 at 20:22.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

14. Likes: AnttiL (21st October 2019),cali (21st October 2019),pantealex (22nd October 2019)
    Liked 1,587 Times in 720 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Prepare to stay offline. At least this was the case with us in 2017 at the places where we were. For a long time we didn’t know the results at all because they don’t have radio either like in Estonia or Finland.

So I went the old school way and took time with my stopper. Found out later I was pretty spot on
    Buuh. It will be hard for AllLive addicted person like me

16. Likes: Katvala (21st October 2019)