Page 5 of 90 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Liked 401 Times in 267 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Gryazin on list with Skoda, i tought he would do the event with Polo of BMA?

Liked 81 Times in 28 Posts
    Two questions regarding service park:
    1) is it open to public on wednesday?
    2) we are travelling with a disabled person (who owns the EU parking card) - any benefit in parking closer to the service park?

Liked 414 Times in 101 Posts
    Hi

It's opened on wednesday, and IMHO it's the best day to get there.

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DoN_cz View Post
    Two questions regarding service park:
    1) is it open to public on wednesday?
    2) we are travelling with a disabled person (who owns the EU parking card) - any benefit in parking closer to the service park?
    I've been to RACC just once and then we were made to walk ridiculous routes (uphill) to get to the service park. I'd suggest you ask this directly from the organization, it could save you a lot of trouble.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

Liked 81 Times in 28 Posts
    Thanks, I've just done that.

I have one more question/request for tips. Where would be the best opportunity to get closest to the cars (static/parked up) without too much hassle? Obviously service park is not the ideal place (too many people and you have the barriers between you and the cars). As I've seen from several YouTube videos (Germany, Corsica, Finland), usually the crews stop and prepare few hundred meters before starting the shakedown - and people get to walk around the cars. But I don't know if that's the case for Spain as well and also I think it is quite shame to sacrifice shakedown for this (one less gravel stage, which is the main reason we are there for). So what about the area before/after the start/finish of Salou superspecial (which I'm not too keen to see, so no problem to sacrifice that)? Or perhaps some regroup? Or last idea that we did in Poland few years back - follow the cars from service to the first stage on Sunday morning and at some point (~1km before the stage) they stop to check pressures and do final preparations.

Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts

Camilli: What a great opportunity for us to compete at the next @RallyRACC onboard C3 R5! Big Thanks to @CitroenRacing, @TotalRacingFR, @Michelin_Sport & @TeamSainteloc
    for this new and fantastic challenge! We will have two days of testing with the car to get to know it. Can’t wait!

Citroën: @Citroen is glad to have @EricCamilli & Benjamin Veillas competing onboard #C3R5 at @RallyRACC: it’s another top crew to showcase the car’s competitivness! For their 5th appearence on this mixed surface rally, they have the ability & goal to win

7. Likes: dimviii (9th October 2019),Eli (9th October 2019),pantealex (9th October 2019),Rally Power (11th October 2019),RS (10th October 2019),TWRC (13th October 2019)
    Liked 9,310 Times in 4,938 Posts

9. Likes: er88 (9th October 2019),Rally Power (11th October 2019)
    Liked 12,162 Times in 5,216 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Citroen’s hopes of bringing new parts to last week’s Wales Rally GB were spoiled by complications surrounding the homologation process. That new suspension will have to wait until next season.
    Team principal Pierre Budar said: “The rules for the homologation are the same for all the teams. It’s just very frustrating and disappointing to know these parts make the car quicker, but we can’t use them.
    “The drivers have run with them in the test and they like them. We know the car would be faster and giving more confidence if we had them on, but the rules are the rules.”

Didnt know this. It is indeed crucial for him but i wonder how many miracles they can make with just one test, they were really nowhere in Germany.

Time will tell.
    Last edited by EstWRC; 9th October 2019 at 21:10.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Corsica had a lot of smooth, wide and fast sections this year and Citroen's were especially lost there. Basically the only stage where Ogier was fast was the rough and long stage and there won't be sections like that in Catalunya.

12. Likes: EstWRC (9th October 2019)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    As the situation looks now I actually expect MSport to have clearly the fastest car on tarmac in Spain. They were probably fastest already in Corsica and also in Germany Suninen's times were great.
    Toyota pace does seem to be slightly reduced by the wing changes and Spanish tarmac is where this should be very noticable.
    Hyundai (for Neuville and Sordo) did seem to be on Toyota level in Germany, but those stages are mostly quite a bit different from Spanish tarmac. Question is if they come with some more drastic changes now that Loeb has done two testing rallies and Neuville is going to do another one this weekend.