Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Liked 666 Times in 464 Posts
    Only time will tell if Nico is right about this one. This race surely wasn't one to make the case to keep Bottas, as he seemed to struggle even after the wing incident.

Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Another fun race to watch .
    Anyone still bored ?

Two fashion faux pas situations , though .
    Can someone at Merc test the team shirts with a champagne soaking before they are issued to the personnel , to try to find some that don't become almost completely transparent when wet on the podium ? Please .

Secondly , and more importantly , have we ever seen a driver stand through the national anthems with a hat on before ?
    I can't remember ever seeing it .
    I'm not sure if it's an actual offence in the podium protocol , but I suspect it is .
    Having seen the speed at which he slid the hat on , all in one motion , as the balaclava came off before the grid talk , I suspect his podium headgear was all about a bad hair day , and so , frankly , it looked pretty disrespectful to stand through those anthems with it on .

It was a bad look for Lewis , after a stellar drive .

3. Likes: Tazio (5th August 2019)
    Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    That was pretty good. You need to keep in check these Verstappen/RB/losers in orange form getting ahead of themselves.

Martin Brundle is a lame arse. It's a changing of the guard in F1 apparently. What an idiot.

5. Likes: Tazio (5th August 2019)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Damon Hill also said this was a changing of the guard after the GP. I find that particularly idiotic since Hamilton had won by then. No doubt though, Brundle is a lame ass.

I cannot see Gasly keeping his seat until the end of the season. A lap down on his teammate again. He’s absolutely awful and simply not able to drive to the required level in F1 of a team like RBR.

The Ferrari’s were scarily slow today by comparison to Hamiltom and Verstappen. They have serious work to do.

Funny yet again to see Max Verstappen get DOTD again with all his butthurt Dutch fans voting in their consolation prize that means absolutely nothing.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 4th August 2019 at 21:40.

7. Likes: truefan72 (5th August 2019)
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    That was pretty good. You need to keep in check these Verstappen/RB/losers in orange form getting ahead of themselves.

Martin Brundle is a lame arse. It's a changing of the guard in F1 apparently. What an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Damon Hill also said this was a changing of the guard after the GP. I find that particularly idiotic since Hamilton had won by then. No doubt though, Brundle is a lame ass.

I cannot see Gasly keeping his seat until the end of the season. A lap down on his teammate again. He’s absolutely awful and simply not able to drive to the required level in F1 of a team like RBR.

The Ferrari’s were scarily slow today by comparison to Hamiltom and Verstappen. They have serious work to do.

Funny yet again to see Max Verstappen get DOTD again with all his butthurt Dutch fans voting in their consolation prize that means absolutely nothing.
    Yup. That was pretty annoying IMO
    in the last 4 races, hamilton and vettel have split the wins. and tbh it could have easily been 3-1 hamilton.
    Verstappen has as many wins as Bottas this year and is still behind him in the standings.
    Hamilton has given up nothing to Verstappen this year and leads him by 68 points.
    He has 8 race wins and a commanding lead in the WDC so i'm not sure about a changing of the guard.
    And the way they were all spouting this in unison seems to be talking points delivered to them by the producers.

A changing of the guard would be alonso in 2005/2006 vs schumi.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 642 Times in 508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post

A changing of the guard would be alonso in 2005/2006 vs schumi.
    A lot of fan-boys still want to believe it was Kimi!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    Only time will tell if Nico is right about this one. This race surely wasn't one to make the case to keep Bottas, as he seemed to struggle even after the wing incident.
    If l remember correctly, two races ago was when Bottas began to crumble in 2018. He never recovered and Woolf is probably thinking that how Bottas does over this period would give an indication of where the rest of the season is heading for him. It was bad luck that took the swell of Bottas' potential last season as it has this season. I think, the decision would be finalize based on how well he tackles his return from the holiday break. If his performances are still as we have seen in the last two races, regardless of the reason, chances are his seat would be lost.

That said, l am not so sure Ocon is the right man to take that seat. I have not seen enough to suggest that he is deserving of it. Or to suggest that he can perform better than Bottas. I am not even sure he is a better choice than Russell.

A Verstapenn switch to Mercedes along side Hamillton would be quite popular. It would produce some of the most entertaining racing since Hamilton faced up to Rosberg.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 12th August 2019 at 01:14.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post

It is clear that the Sky lot are just as fed up of Hamilton winning everything as you are Journeyman. Though the first proper head to head has not produced a win for the mouthy dutchman, the Sky lot could not resist spouting there is a changing of the guard. It is irritating how they embarrass us their dutifully paying customers. Their inability to be impartial is really what pisses me off. They have to wait till the second half of the season to see if there is a changing of the guard going on or if this is just Redbull capitalizing on Mercedes blips.

We can say there is a changing of the guard when Verstapenn has won more races than Hamilton in the same season. At eight wins to two there is no changing of anything.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 6th August 2019 at 07:02.
    William Shakespeare

12. Likes: N. Jones (5th August 2019),truefan72 (5th August 2019)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Prophetic I am. Despite Nitrodaze’s comments that this is a Horsepower dependant track, it’s absolutely not. (sorry nitrodaze )Downforce is King here, as is track position, which is why qualifying panned out as I predicted although I am surprised to see Bottas ahead of Hamilton. Impressive performance from him although I suspect that, after Germany, he might lose his seat to Ocon.

EDIT: I see Verstappen is getting a bit mouthy stating that any driver on the grid could have won 5 championships with the car Hamilton had. Slow down there kid, you just got your first pole and I doubt Hamilton would have gone three seasons without a pole in the Red Bull. Even Ricciardo got poles while he was there. 87-1 buddy. One thing that stood out to me watching the Bottas/Verstappen laps side by side was how similar they were on nearly every section of the track. I couldn’t see anywhere where Verstappen had a clear driving advantage over Bottas. Normally when Lewis puts together a lap and suddenly goes 0.6 tenths faster it’s because he has done something special on one corner that no one else has done, like the last corner on his pole lap of Oz this year. I think Lewis could have got pole today had he not gone wide in the first sector. I’ve yet to see Max put a lap together where I’m like wow only Max could have done that. I’d actually love to see Max and Lewis paired in the same team. I’m pretty confident Lewis would beat Max over the course of a season but what a season that would be.

Finally, Stroll 19th again? He should not be in F1.

And Kubica, I’d like to see him back in 2020 but he needs to improve very quickly.
    I did not think Redbull could take poll. But l thought they could win the race from anywhere on the first two rows of the grid. As it goes, it happened the other way round. But l also did say that l fail to see anyone but Hamilton winning it.
    That said, respect! You were spot on.

Verstapenn drove a brilliant race though, he just got a taste of what the fuss about Hamilton is all about, thats all. And Redbull properly discovered what a formidable opponent Mercedes is. Redbull would regroup and come back on the attack next time round. The Redbull vs Mercedes duel was long awaited, hence it is good to see signs of it coming about.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 6th August 2019 at 20:14.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 3,289 Times in 1,731 Posts
    How about this video from Williams?
    https://www.facebook.com/WilliamsF1T...4929194605649/
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!