Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Not sure about LeClerc taking pole in what is basically Monaco without the buildings. Downforce is Ferrari’s achilles heel. I’d fancy Max to take his first pole position rather than LeClerc. It’s about time Max got the ball rolling on that one. Hamilton was comfortable over Bottas here last year so it’ll be interesting to see how much Bottas has studied Hamilton’s data in order to catch up.
    Prophetic I am. Despite Nitrodaze’s comments that this is a Horsepower dependant track, it’s absolutely not. (sorry nitrodaze )Downforce is King here, as is track position, which is why qualifying panned out as I predicted although I am surprised to see Bottas ahead of Hamilton. Impressive performance from him although I suspect that, after Germany, he might lose his seat to Ocon.

EDIT: I see Verstappen is getting a bit mouthy stating that any driver on the grid could have won 5 championships with the car Hamilton had. Slow down there kid, you just got your first pole and I doubt Hamilton would have gone three seasons without a pole in the Red Bull. Even Ricciardo got poles while he was there. 87-1 buddy. One thing that stood out to me watching the Bottas/Verstappen laps side by side was how similar they were on nearly every section of the track. I couldn’t see anywhere where Verstappen had a clear driving advantage over Bottas. Normally when Lewis puts together a lap and suddenly goes 0.6 tenths faster it’s because he has done something special on one corner that no one else has done, like the last corner on his pole lap of Oz this year. I think Lewis could have got pole today had he not gone wide in the first sector. I’ve yet to see Max put a lap together where I’m like wow only Max could have done that. I’d actually love to see Max and Lewis paired in the same team. I’m pretty confident Lewis would beat Max over the course of a season but what a season that would be.

Finally, Stroll 19th again? He should not be in F1.

And Kubica, I’d like to see him back in 2020 but he needs to improve very quickly.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 4th August 2019 at 08:56.

2. Likes: Jag_Warrior (3rd August 2019)
    Liked 87 Times in 40 Posts
    It is a deserved one for Max for sure. What make me worry is lack of Redbull’s Starting Grid Launch speed

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone araclyla gönderildi

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    An intriguing race with the grid line up.

5. Likes: airshifter (4th August 2019)
    Liked 667 Times in 465 Posts
    This start could be critical for the Merc/Ferrari race. These cars are still suffering in dirty air, and that lead position is a big advantage. Max has his shot at reaching the first turn first.... will he make it stick? With the long start, getting off the line clean might allow Leclerc or Seb to make a move as well.

Let's go!

Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Unless we have a safety car, this is a two freakin' horse race!
    May the forza be with you

It's going to get interesting here!

Did RB just blink wrong? I'm thinking maybe they did!

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    It's gonna get interesting.
    This was either a genius move by mercedes or a blunder

11. Likes: airshifter (4th August 2019)
    I think it was the right call either way. They couldn't make the move on track with the first run, the only choice was to roll the dice on tire strategy. Will Max be able to handle the last couple of laps with tires that old.... I'm thinking maybe not.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Wow wow wow!