Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts

2019 Hungarian GP - Hungaroring Mogyoród

The current Hungaroring layout has been in place since 2003 as a revision of the previous layout, to facilitate overtaking. The first Hungarian F1 GP race took place in 1986 when Hungary was still under Soviet Union control. Hence it was the first F1 race ever behind the iron curtain. The 1st Hungarian F1 race was won by Nigel Piquet in the Williams-Honda.

The track is 4.381 km (2.722 mi) long with fourteen corners and three major straights. A full race is 70 laps over 306.630 km (190.531 mi) distance. The most successful driver of this track is the five time world champion Lewis Hamilton who has won this race six times. Vettel is the only other driver on the current grid to win this race, he has won it twice. Mclaren ramains the most successful team to race this track with 11 wins.

Micheal Schumarcher currently hold the race lap record set in 2004 on this track at 1:19:071. The fastest lap ever on this track was set by Sebastien Vettel during prastise 3 in 2018 at 1:16:170. Lewis Hamilton is the last winner of this race.

With barely a week to recover from a rollercoaster of a race at Hockenheimring, the F1 bandwagon rolls into Budapest. In its wake, was the worst Mercedes showing of the season and the worst 125 years celebration of all time. Mercedes in their period racing gear looked comical as their race unravelled and Redbull was close at hand to swoop up the winners trophy once more.

If the last three races are anything to go by, this race is most likely to be spectacular. For a start Mercedes would be seeking to return to winning ways. And Ferrari shall be seeking to win their first race of the season. But Redbull would come into this race weekend with a swagger in their steps, knowing Mercedes and Ferrari would be quietly nervous of them.

It is a Hamilton track, hence it would be difficult but not impossible for anyone else to win it. But this track may suit the Ferrari car just as well as it would the Mercedes. Hence, l expect that Ferrari may give Mercedes their closest fight since the beginning of the season. My gut feeling suggest that Leclerc may take pole this weekend. If he does, he may win this race. Whatrever the case, Hamilton would need to dig deep to ensure he comes on top this weekend.

Now check out this Hungarian bird and let the cockles of your heart be warmed for this Hungarian GP.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 2nd August 2019 at 13:12.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

2. Likes: aykutbilir (31st July 2019)
    Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Nope, Hungary was not in the Soviet Union.

Liked 87 Times in 40 Posts
    Let grid girls back

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone araclyla gönderildi

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    Nope, Hungary was not in the Soviet Union.
    Hungary was under Soviet control for 45 years since 1944 during the second world war. The Soviet presence ended in 1991 after the 2nd attempt at a revolution which started in 1989. The 1st revolution attempt in 1956 was crushed mercilessly by the Soviet regime of the time. Over the 45 years of occupation, over 600, 000 Hungarians were taken as slaves for forced labour in the then Soviet Union. Nearly 200,000 of those taken died in forced labour. Of course, in the wider scope of things such as what happened in Africa or in Asia, this number is minuscule. But it is still souls we are talking about nonetheless.

Read the following for more details:-
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungar...nion_relations
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 31st July 2019 at 16:12.
    William Shakespeare

6. Likes: N. Jones (31st July 2019)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Not sure about LeClerc taking pole in what is basically Monaco without the buildings. Downforce is Ferrari’s achilles heel. I’d fancy Max to take his first pole position rather than LeClerc. It’s about time Max got the ball rolling on that one. Hamilton was comfortable over Bottas here last year so it’ll be interesting to see how much Bottas has studied Hamilton’s data in order to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Not sure about LeClerc taking pole in what is basically Monaco without the buildings. Downforce is Ferrari’s achilles heel. I’d fancy Max to take his first pole position rather than LeClerc. It’s about time Max got the ball rolling on that one. Hamilton was comfortable over Bottas here last year so it’ll be interesting to see how much Bottas has studied Hamilton’s data in order to catch up.
    I don't think Redbull have the horsepower to take poll, but it would be a pleasant surprise if they can manage to beat Mercedes on a typical Mercedes track. Only Ferrari have the sort of horsepower to get into Mercedes territory. I think it is an opportunity for Ferrari to snatch poll from Mercedes and go on to win the race, if they can avoid any errors.

I don't know what the temperatures are like in Hungary this weekend, that may be a factor as well.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 1st August 2019 at 00:46.
    William Shakespeare

9. Likes: aykutbilir (31st July 2019),N. Jones (31st July 2019)
    Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Hungary was under Soviet control for 45 years since 1944 during the second world war. The Soviet presence ended in 1991 after the 2nd attempt at a revolution which started in 1989. The 1st revolution attempt in 1956 was crushed mercilessly by the Soviet regime of the time. Over the 45 years of occupation, over 600, 000 Hungarians were taken as slaves for forced labour in the then Soviet Union. Nearly 200,000 of those taken died in forced labour. Of course, in the wider scope of things such as what happened in Africa or in Asia, this number is minuscule. But it is still souls we are talking about nonetheless.

Read the following for more details:-
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungar...nion_relations
    Thanks for the spinning class. Hungary starts about 10km from where I leave and we were (begrudgingly) part of Hungary for much of our history. We know where the borders with the Soviet union were and that the Soviets didn't stay within their borders. Still Hungary was not in the Soviet union just as Iraq is not a US state. Would have been better to just admit you phrased it wrong. No shame in that... on the contrary

11. Likes: aykutbilir (31st July 2019)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I don't think Redbull have the horsepower to take poll, but it would be a pleasant surprise if they can manage to beat Mercedes on a typical Mercedes track. Only Ferrari have the sort of horsepower to get into Mercedes territory. I think it is an opportunity for Ferrari to snatch poll from Mercedes and go on to win the race, if they can avoid any errors.

I don't what the temperatures are like in Hungary this weekend, that may be a factor as well.
    Honestly, I think you’re confusing this track with somewhere else. It’s one of the least horsepower dependant tracks on the calendar. Realistically any of the top three teams can get it.

13. Likes: aykutbilir (31st July 2019)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Honestly, I think you’re confusing this track with somewhere else. It’s one of the least horsepower dependant tracks on the calendar. Realistically any of the top three teams can get it.
    It is a narrow track, overtaking is difficult. Mercedes excel here because it is a combined high corning speed and good short straight speed track but the series of corners that flow from one into another from corner 4 through to corner 11 means cornering speed is equally important for a fast full lap overall. Mercedes is just as fast as the Redbull through these series of corners but faster on the straights. The Ferrari has now improved their corner speed, probably not quite as fast as the Mercedes through the corners, but the fastest on the straights. In quali trim, the Redbull would not be able to beat the Mercedes, l think. But may cause problems for Ferrari. In race trim, the story is different. Redbull really go well here in race trim. With clever strategy, they can win this race. It would help if they can qualify on the first two rows of the grid.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 2nd August 2019 at 13:18.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    Thanks for the spinning class. Hungary starts about 10km from where I leave and we were (begrudgingly) part of Hungary for much of our history. We know where the borders with the Soviet union were and that the Soviets didn't stay within their borders. Still Hungary was not in the Soviet union just as Iraq is not a US state. Would have been better to just admit you phrased it wrong. No shame in that... on the contrary
    I have amended accordingly. You are right in the sense that the Soviets did not expand their borders to include Hungary and recognize them as Soviet citizens. Instead they occupied the country as an annex of the Soviet Union. As they did Poland Romania, Bulgaria etc. But you have to appreciate that for most of us outside of this, we see these countries [including Hungary ] as being behind the Soviet iron curtain. To enter any of those countries, was no different to stepping into Russia itself at the time.
    William Shakespeare