Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    Steiner's repeated "if this continues, we will have to do something" makes him look like a paper tiger. What other team or team principal would put up with four (?) collisions within the team in a single season??? Either the drivers are bringing some major sponsor dollars to the team... or someone has pictures of someone with an Austrian accent with a farm animal. [I]wink wink
    Steiner doesn't have an Austrian accident. He stems from South Tyrol (Alto Adige), which is part of Italy but where German is commonly spoken, albeit in a dialect that can be hard to comprehend even for other native German-Speakers

Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    That's a great rumor. Hulk will surely lift the team from ashes. Go Hulk.
    Yeah, with Hülkenberg, surely podiums will come...
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Steiner's repeated "if this continues, we will have to do something" makes him look like a paper tiger. What other team or team principal would put up with four (?) collisions within the team in a single season??? Either the drivers are bringing some major sponsor dollars to the team... or someone has pictures of someone with an Austrian accent with a farm animal. wink wink
    Quote Originally Posted by gm99 View Post
    Steiner doesn't have an Austrian accident. He stems from South Tyrol (Alto Adige), which is part of Italy but where German is commonly spoken, albeit in a dialect that can be hard to comprehend even for other native German-Speakers

Well, I still haven't forgiven them for bombing Pearl Harbor.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

4. Likes: Tazio (28th August 2019)
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Well, I still haven't forgiven them for bombing Pearl Harbor.
    I thought the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbour, nothing to do with the Italian Germans of Alto Adige. C'mon man, give the man a break, sacking a driver is not an easy recourse. Besides, Grosjean did his bit to help Haas realize its current form. It takes two to tango, Magnussen has a share of the blame too, l think.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I thought the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbour, nothing to do with the Italian Germans of Alto Adige.

OK... so who's gonna tell him?
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

OK... so who's gonna tell him?
    There is a pattern beginning to emerge here l think. It is looking like French drivers who manage to win the F2 championship are unable to carry forward their excellence into F1. They arrive at F1 and implode it seems. That is what is happening to Grosjean and we see it in Gasly as well. Both have great racing talent with promise of World championship winning potential in the right teams with the right car.

I think the pressure to excel gets the better of them and they just fall short of their true potential as a consequence. Winning the F2 title is not an easy proposition. It is a very hard proving ground for the right of entry into F1. Hence, l think we have not seen the best of Grosjean or Gasly. As things has turned out for Grosjean, we may never see his true F1 potential. But there is some hope that we may see the true potential of Gasly with a bit of luck.
    William Shakespeare

Just funnin' with you, Nitro.

Where are the Animal House fans when you need them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=SVY7w9DqZ_A

Just funnin' with you, Nitro.

Where are the Animal House fans when you need them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=SVY7w9DqZ_A
    Ha ha, don't you just love him. He cracks me up everytime l watch him.
    William Shakespeare

At least with Hulk in the Haas next year, the level of whining and crying at the team should be a bit less. But it'll be interesting to see how Hulkenberg and Magnussen get along, after their (in)famous public trading of insults earlier this season. I doubt that they'll drop Magnussen too, but one never knows. I don't know who they could replace him with that would be better. If they're inclined to go for a clean slate, I'd like to see Alexander Rossi (who does have some F1 experience) partner a solid veteran like Hulkenberg.

I just get the feeling that Haas has gotten itself into a rut and doesn't really know how to get back on the road to success. But we'll see.

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    If they're inclined to go for a clean slate, I'd like to see Alexander Rossi (who does have some F1 experience) partner a solid veteran like Hulkenberg.
    Rossi recently signed a three-year-extension with Andretti Autosport in the Indy Car Series. While he may be able to get out of that with some $$$, he probably prefers being a front-runner in Indy cars to being an also-ran in (Haas) F1.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.