Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts

So... when does Haas show Grosjean the door?

Does anyone else think that he won't be returning to the Haas garage after the summer break?

Admittedly I've never been a big Grosjean fan. Sorry, but he just always struck me as an accident prone whiner. But other than Danica Patrick's (delusional) belief that she had the option of going to F1 when she was leaving the IRL, I can't think of anything much sillier than Grosjean thinking that he had a chance to go to Ferrari.

So now, after his latest incidents at the British GP weekend (ripped off his front wing while wandering out of the pitlane... really?! ), I'll say that he won't answer the bell after the summer break is over. What say you fine folks.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Grosjean has never been good enough for F1. He has had multiple chances as a GP driver and has never really proven himself. He is at best an lower tier average driver that manages to put in a good performance every now and then. I haven't been able to understand why he has a F1 drive for many years. It’s a complete waste of a F1 seat. What’s more is I think he knows he isn’t truly good enough.

There are far more talented drivers in the world that deserve a seat way more than he does.

He’ll probably make it to years end with Haas but hopefully we’ll see the back of this embarrassment then. The sooner he leaves F1 the better.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Yep, Ferrari wanted him to replace Kimi... In his dreams perhaps.

Yeah, I'm with you on Roman not being at Hass, possibly even not being in F1 next year unless he can bring some money to the table.
    He has shown occasional speed but always has been a bit of a liability... last weekend was just embarassing.

Kubica too. His speed has probably gone due to his injury... or they have a real superstar in Russell. Possibly a little bit off both but its really not looking good for Robert... sad to see.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    I think the reason Haas hired Grosjean was that, since they were a new team, he at least was experienced in F1 and could provide feedback on car development. Probably came cheap too. Those days are now past and it's time for him to go.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    I think the reason Haas hired Grosjean was that, since they were a new team, he at least was experienced in F1 and could provide feedback on car development. Probably came cheap too. Those days are now past and it's time for him to go.
    Agreed. I thought Grosjean had promise earlier in his career but his moments of speed have been way too sporadic and never blinding enough to make up for his countless careless actions on track. Steiner has been open about how he feels and Grosjean can count his lucky stars if he makes it to the season's end without getting the boot.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    But if Grosjean was to be kicked, who would be getting his seat at Haas? The only obvious name is Esteban Ocon and I can imagine Ferrari being quite uneasy about having a Mercedes development driver racing for Haas. The Italians' discomfort is not a small issue when Haas is said to have technical agreements with Ferrari...

Liked 87 Times in 40 Posts
    Roman is not focused for driving for F1 for sure.
    The problem there is very few options to replace him with anyone. Duper License points hits badly. Lately very few drivers can reach to drive for F1.
    Name me someone then Ocon free to drive which Merc will not let him.

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone araclyla gönderildi

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Steiner's repeated "if this continues, we will have to do something" makes him look like a paper tiger. What other team or team principal would put up with four (?) collisions within the team in a single season??? Either the drivers are bringing some major sponsor dollars to the team... or someone has pictures of someone with an Austrian accent with a farm animal. wink wink

I don't know if he still has any interest in returning to F1, but I'd at least open discussions with Alexander Rossi. Would he be the best choice? Maybe not. But until either Tweedledee or Tweddledum actually think that they can be replaced, and there's a new face hanging around the team, why would they change their ways?
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Latest rumor is Hulkenberg is replacing him for 2020.

10. Likes: aykutbilir (27th August 2019)
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    That's a great rumor. Hulk will surely lift the team from ashes. Go Hulk.