Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,311 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    I see that Ingram's Barum drive made a big impression on Czech fans (roughly 1/3 of the donors so far)
    He also has massively more followers than home driver Mareš.

Ingram has worked really hard to raise his profile and now it might pay off...

2. Likes: Jarek Z (3rd September 2019)
    Just hearing Ingram's recent interview it explains how much (financial) pressure he has been under.

He stated that he couldnt afford to crash as the repair costs would be the end.

Imagine trying to drive flat-out with that knowledge...

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    If you don't count few top teams and some rich gentleman drivers that is a reality of majority of the entry field on most of the events.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

5. Likes: br21 (23rd August 2019),Jeppe (26th August 2019),pantealex (25th August 2019),TWRC (27th August 2019)
    How about Mares as a comparison - what is his funding situation with him having the backing of his country’s national federation, the Autoklub of the Czech Republic ?

Would his season be over if he had one crash ?
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    How about Mares as a comparison - what is his funding situation with him having the backing of his country’s national federation, the Autoklub of the Czech Republic ?

Lukyanuk was on tight budget too at early fiesta times.

For your information Mareš used to drive an old Škoda Favorit in small amateur events few years back. He was lucky that two guys selected for the ASN junior program one after another failed to even start it so they had to pick someone quickly to fullfil their deals with sponsors. He was quite old to start a career in 25 years or so but he proved to be a lucky shot for them. Ingram even drove Barum more times than Mareš...

I have nothing against Ingram and I have even donated something for his campaign but please stop crying.

9. Likes: Augury (12th September 2019),br21 (24th August 2019),er88 (24th August 2019),Jeppe (26th August 2019),m-ast (24th August 2019),marcosg (24th August 2019),pantealex (25th August 2019),TWRC (27th August 2019)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    For your information Mareš used to drive an old Škoda Favorit in small amateur events few years back. He was lucky that two guys selected for the ASN junior program one after another failed to even start it so they had to pick someone quickly to fullfil their deals with sponsors. He was quite old to start a career in 25 years or so but he proved to be a lucky shot for them. Ingram even drove Barum more times than Mareš...

I have nothing against Ingram and I have even donated something for his campaign but please stop crying.
    Crying ? It's showing some empathy and understanding.

When you read this maybe you'll accept why I feel strongly about Ingram and what he has been through and make no apologies for showing my support:

"With the financial struggles on top of the pressures of competing at the top of his sport, Ingram admits this season has been "extremely tough" on his mental health.

"I've always had the pressure that this could be taken away so easily, and when you add that I'm so passionate about it, it's had a massive effect on me," he added.

"It has taken a massive toll on me mentally. I can't just go into it and not care about the outcome.

"It's made me so anxious about everything because I can't let this slip away."

And how Barum ended couldn't have been worse for someone so fragile:

"Then, after 220 flat out kilometres at the Barum Czech Rally Zlín, he missed out on the Junior ERC title, and its Ł100,000 prize fund by just 0.3 seconds.

In any setting that's the smallest of margins, but in rallying terms, with so many variables, it's miniscule.

"It was probably the best performance of my life," said the Toksport WRT driver. "To lose out by 0.3 seconds after three days rallying is just absolutely mental.

"But then we were up against the Czech Federation backed driver on the Czech Federation backed rally, so it was always going to be tough.

"I'd been on the absolute limit throughout the final stage and when I got to the end and saw the margin it was gutting."
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 26th August 2019 at 17:29.

If Mareš didn't win he would not drive Cyprus and Hungary at all. The ASN program had budget for exactly four events. That's even two less than what Ingram did. If Ingram won I'd congratulate him and won't write walls of text about how it was unfair to Mareš that he could drive only four events.

12. Likes: m-ast (27th August 2019),pantealex (27th August 2019),TWRC (27th August 2019),WRC1 (26th August 2019)
    Liked 39 Times in 25 Posts
    Crying ? It's showing some empathy and understanding.

When you read this maybe you'll accept why I feel strongly about Ingram and what he has been through and make no apologies for showing my support:

"With the financial struggles on top of the pressures of competing at the top of his sport, Ingram admits this season has been "extremely tough" on his mental health.

"I've always had the pressure that this could be taken away so easily, and when you add that I'm so passionate about it, it's had a massive effect on me," he added.

"It has taken a massive toll on me mentally. I can't just go into it and not care about the outcome.

"It's made me so anxious about everything because I can't let this slip away."

And how Barum ended couldn't have been worse for someone so fragile:

"Then, after 220 flat out kilometres at the Barum Czech Rally Zlín, he missed out on the Junior ERC title, and its Ł100,000 prize fund by just 0.3 seconds.

In any setting that's the smallest of margins, but in rallying terms, with so many variables, it's miniscule.

"It was probably the best performance of my life," said the Toksport WRT driver. "To lose out by 0.3 seconds after three days rallying is just absolutely mental.

"But then we were up against the Czech Federation backed driver on the Czech Federation backed rally, so it was always going to be tough.

"I'd been on the absolute limit throughout the final stage and when I got to the end and saw the margin it was gutting."
    what this actually shows is that Ingram may not have the mental strength to do it

Enviado do meu SM-G930F através do Tapatalk
    Last edited by marcosg; 26th August 2019 at 23:34.

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts

If you want to use Mares as a comparison - situation is very similar. His budget is also not big and any crash would stop him in the season...

15. Likes: marcosg (27th August 2019),Mirek (27th August 2019),pantealex (27th August 2019),TWRC (27th August 2019)