Hybrid View

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wrc spain recommendations

Hi guys, I'm a huge fan of the wrc and looking to go to Rally Spain this year, if there's anyone here who jas been that could offer any tips /recommendations for getting to the stages, that would be great.

Many thanks
    Stuart

Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuwrc View Post
    Hi guys, I'm a huge fan of the wrc and looking to go to Rally Spain this year, if there's anyone here who jas been that could offer any tips /recommendations for getting to the stages, that would be great.

Many thanks
    Stuart
    Rent a car or drive there. Or join some organised tour.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 63 Times in 21 Posts
    For your first time go with rally travel. You'll be in a hotel full of rally fans, close to service and shakedown. You'll get all the stage info you'll need. It's very reasonable price wise for self drive. I couldn't recommend them enough.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

4. Likes: KiwiRallyFan (3rd July 2019)
    Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    This has to be the easiest rally for a newb to do self-sufficiently. Fly to Reus, hire a car, rent an apartment in Salou (huge choice). Get itinerary and use google maps to plot route. If you have a travelling companion the car and accommodation are halved in cost! The organisers post thorough stage guides well in advance. Just remember that any iconic locations such as El Molar hairpin fill up 3 hours in advance of 1st car.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

6. Likes: MartijnS (3rd July 2019)
    Liked 91 Times in 54 Posts
    Really interested to see this rally myself too someday. Just wish more rally's would add the bus option to stages. Not feeling comfortable driving abroad yet.

Liked 414 Times in 101 Posts
    I was about to say something similar

Last year was my first RACC, we spent a day doing reccce for friday/saturday stages, and we managed to see 3 different stages on gravel (Pesel, all the cars, Gandesa, only the WRC, and La Fatarella, all the cars).

There are a lot of small "roads" which give access to gravel stages, and you can easily walk to the tarmac stages through the forest.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the advice everyone 😊 I found a tour company if anyone else I interested - rallytravel.com

They do full guided tours or the option to stay with them and use a hire car.

Definitely want to stay Thursday to Monday and enjoy the variety of stages.

For anyone who hasn't been to a rally, Wales gb is worth a shout, been a few times and it's a great experience

Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    I really enjoyed my first time in Spain, only thing i didn't like was the entry to servicepark and the Spaniards constantly tailgating you, did manage to outdrive a couple in my Panda though!

Did some crazy entry roads, make sure you have proper insurance on the car...
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 24 Times in 15 Posts
    I notice the location of shakedown is yet to be decided according to rally guide 1, perhaps been too popular with its town location, it was VERY busy last year.