Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I should correct - he tweeted it rather than stated it live. How many F1 races have you won? If success in motorsport is a barometer by which opinions are condisered valid, I doubt yours would be as valid as Karun’s. On a side note, I also always felt Karun was a very underrated driver.

And the Sky F1 team? Honestly? Oh dear.

The Stewards decision is consistent and it is correct. There are plenty of cases in the past they have got it wrong but, I am sure glad they are finally getting them right this year. To be fair, I think the Stewards have been very consistent this year.

Here is the FIA transcript of the incident which aligns with my take on it, although if anything I think it was Charles obligation to back out, not Verstappen’s.
    It is nice to hear your firm position on this one. I shall quote this post of yours to you in the near future. And yea, l would be crap at racing F1 cars which is why l do what l do. And f*cking rich at doing it.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Michael Masi is not up to it. He's just going to make a bigger problem for everyone later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post

I love "hard racing" , with the Gilles/Rene-Dijon scrap being my ultimate favourite episode in the entire history of F1 .
    The irony is that if it wasn't for Verstappen's cheap shot thuggery (He braked not to make the apex of the corner, but to cut Leclerc off), you might've seen the second edition of such a scrap.

3. Likes: Bagwan (2nd July 2019)
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    Michael Masi is not up to it. He's just going to make a bigger problem for everyone later on.

The irony is that if it wasn't for Verstappen's cheap shot thuggery (He braked not to make the apex of the corner, but to cut Leclerc off), you might've seen the second edition of such a scrap.
    Spot on , mate .
    As Leclerc said , Max would likely have passed him anyway , so he wasn't angry about the loss , but about the way he lost .
    I agree with him , too .

Masi called for the review , but wanted the results kept .

Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    As I said I didn’t see it as an incident. I thought it was a good overtake .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You miss the point, A good overtake would be one where there was a clean pass with the opposition helpless to defend but on track doing his level best. That would be the definition of hard and fair racing. What we saw was hard and dirty racing. I loved the hard bit, just not sure about the dirty bit. So you and l have very different view of what fair racing is about. But you are entitled to your opinion as am l.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 2nd July 2019 at 19:59.
    William Shakespeare

Spot on , mate .
    As Leclerc said , Max would likely have passed him anyway , so he wasn't angry about the loss , but about the way he lost .
    I agree with him , too .

Masi called for the review , but wanted the results kept .
    That is exactly what l thought as well. Leclerc tyres were gone and Verstapenn had fresher tyres. It was a matter of time, hence he did not need to muscle his way pass, he just needed to take his time to make a clean overtake without putting his car and both drivers at risk. That said, Verstapenn drove a majestic race. He was simply brilliant and a pleasure to watch. Hence, the criticism is not anti-verstapenn but an observation of those rough elements of his approach to racing.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 2nd July 2019 at 20:02.
    William Shakespeare

7. Likes: truefan72 (2nd July 2019)
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    You miss the point, A good overtake would be one where there was a clean pass with the opposition helpless to defend but on track doing his level best. That would be the definition of hard and fair racing. What we saw was hard and dirty racing. I loved the hard bit, just not sure about the dirty bit. So you and l has very different view of what fair racing is about. But you are entitled to your opinion as am l.
    I like the aggressive drivers who aren’t afraid to close the door and I felt Max orchestrated the move perfectly to give Charles only two choices, back out or go off track. All the great champions have done this throughout their careers and I think Verstappen is showing the much needed ruthless streak.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    I like the aggressive drivers who aren’t afraid to close the door and I felt Max orchestrated the move perfectly to give Charles only two choices, back out or go off track. All the great champions have done this throughout their careers and I think Verstappen is showing the much needed ruthless streak.

Charles only had the one choice , as he was right beside him .

Max , though , had the choice to turn in earlier , and allow a car's width , as per the rules .

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts

Max , though , had the choice to turn in earlier , and allow a car's width , as per the rules .
    Absolutely correct. He was going to make the pass anyway and didn't need to bang wheels to do so.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

You know what they say, what is good for the goose is good for the gander. When Verstapenn gets a similar treatment in the future, l hope he keeps his trap shut.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts

Incorrect. Charles could have conceded the corner he had clearly lost and tried to have a run at Max down the straight.

I’m sure glad none of the posters here whinging on about wheel banging are not in the Stewards room.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 3rd July 2019 at 06:20.